A No to protect an entire cohort of innocent human beings ....

ger12

Let's face it, we're voting to remove the right to life from unborn human babies. They have no choice, no voice, no say.

Would you vote to remove your right to life?

We were all once unborn, babies, toddlers, children. Surely by virture of our humanity we should protect the most innocent and vulnerable of our species?

Yet the Yes side have persistently devalued and dehumised this cohort of humans to justify taking their life.

I value my life, your life. It's a big deal to lose your life.

This isn't about the hard cases, it never was.

Last edited:

ger12

No babies are aborted. The first big lie of the No Campaign.
And what's proposed is restrictive.

This has been signed by two former High Court Judges and Chairs of two referendum commissions and a former judge of the European Court of Justice.

ger12

This is the culture in the US.

This is what's being proposed. The doctor in this piece is testifying to a US congress Committee relating her experience as an abortionist.

[video=youtube;nfWLEKa1AqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWLEKa1AqM[/video]

This interview by one of the leaders of the Repeal campaign makes it very clear that unborn babies should have no rights. Worth a listen to.

[video=youtube;954agZqs8PA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=954agZqs8PA[/video]

A Voice

No babies are aborted. The first big lie of the No Campaign.
And no expectant mother was ever described as "being with foetus". And no expectant mother who suffered a miscarriage exclaimed "My foetus!"

You play word games.

damus

What about the cohort that are getting on plane's and boats and are being terminated behind the four walls of their houses? Does a No vote protect them equally?

Marcos the black

The sooner this ************************************' ref is over the better.
Yer all insane.

A REASON

If you vote no you'll be voting with rapists, extreme women haters and other psychopaths who want to cling onto control over their victims and women in general. Don't forget that.

ger12

The sooner this ************************************' ref is over the better.
Yer all insane.
I guess I thought when I saw Emilys there should be a counter balance.

And I don't like the thoughts of "following" the civilized countries.

It's a big deal to remove a right to life from the section of fundamental rights in the Constitution and replace it (in the fundamental rights section of the Constitution) with a provision for abortion.

Think about that.

Last edited:

ger12

If you vote no you'll be voting with rapists, extreme women haters and other psychopaths who want to cling onto control over their victims and women in general. Don't forget that.
No.

You'll be voting to send the government back to find another solution than killing 97 babies for every 3 babies aborted for rape/FFA/having Down's Syndrome/risk to health and life.

Some women are forced into abortions.

damus

No.

You'll be voting to send the government back to find another solution than killing 97 babies for every 3 babies aborted for rape/FFA/having Down's Syndrome/risk to health and life.

Evidence that women have been forced/coerced?

A REASON

No.

Rapists are voting no. Mark Hennessy was planning to vote no.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Ah... the absolutely unrestrained Daily Ger Thread...

Spanner Island

Man it's all going off on this site now...

It's been good to ignore this topic throughout the campaign which has been far too long... but FFS... it's gone mad now...

Mods should be dumping these threads in a forum like the NI forum and keeping them off the front page...

yosef shompeter

Let's face it, we're voting to remove the right to life from unborn human babies. They have no choice, no voice, no say.

Would you vote to remove your right to life?

We were all once unborn, babies, toddlers, children. Surely by virture of our humanity we should protect the most innocent and vulnerable of our species?

Yet the Yes side have persistently devalued and dehumised this cohort of humans to justify taking their life.

I value my life, your life. It's a big deal to lose your life.

This isn't about the hard cases, it never was.

The no campaign is certainly not anti-female. A child has a 50-50 chance of being either male or female.

It's not like in the old days where girls were sent off the Magdalena homes. They can 1) TAKE THE PILL 2) GET THEIR BOYFRIEND TO WEAR A CONDOM 3) WEAR THE FEMALE VERSION 4) USE THE RYTHM METHOD 5) KEEP THEIR KNEES TOGETHER. 6) GO TO ENGLAND OR HOLLAND FOR THEIR ABORTION.
if SOME CHILD GETS CONCEIVED AFTER GETTTING THROUGH HOOPS 1-5, GOOD LUCK TO HIM HER

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

It's been good to ignore this topic throughout the campaign which has been far too long... but FFS... it's gone mad now...

Mods should be dumping these threads in a forum like the NI forum and keeping them off the front page...
They were warned weeks ago...

Disillusioned democrat

And no expectant mother was ever described as "being with foetus". And no expectant mother who suffered a miscarriage exclaimed "My foetus!"

You play word games.
To be honest this is one of those "managed messages" since the start of the campaign.

There's a lot of very self-deluding people out there who seem to have forgotten that 99.5% of the times there's a child developing in the womb as opposed to an inconvenient clump of random cells.

raetsel

The NI forum is actually fairly civilised these days, particularly compared to threads on abortion. :)
It has been a particularly toxic debate, even more than the endless Israel/Palestine hot-air war.
But threads like this and the one it was intended to counter are pointless anyway because I haven't seen too many undecideds chipping in recently. People who sign up to a website like P.ie tend to have pre-formed, very fixed convictions on most stuff even when they first arrive so all the further threads do is add to the hot air of the threads that went before.
I'll be interested to see what happens after abortion is introduced, as it now seems certain to be. I can foresee quite a few job vacancies opening up for security personnel protecting abortion clinics, because the entire issue produces as many fanatics as dissident republicanism except that in the case of the latter they now know that their war is pointless.

ger12

Evidence that women have been forced/coerced?
Miss C this week on RTE. Did you listen to her? What care and compassion did this State give her? Taken to the UK for an abortion she didn't want and still grieves for.

The UK and US see women in abusive relationships taken to abortion clinics for abortions forced by these abusive partners.

The UK had an horrendous case broken only months ago where minors we're trafficked and prostituted taken for multiple abortions and no one raised a flag.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies