• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

A novel for which I need some help - it relates to the Orymyics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all.

I'm thinking of writing a work of fiction concerning the Orymyic games - sporting event where al of the nations of Thrae combine to find the lowest, slowest and weakest.

In the novel, a senior member of a national sports organisation (a fictional country called Iveland) is arrested and charged with offences relating to ticket scalping. It transpires that he is also a senior member of the committee which organises the games.

I'm struggling to develop the narrative at the moment. Any ideas?

BTW, I haven't decided on a name for the anti-hero, but the name Hat Pickey is to the fore at the moment.

Strawberry

You could put a bit of comedy into it by having him arrested in the nude, or would that be too ridiculous to be believable?

You could put a bit of comedy into it by having him arrested in the nude, or would that be too ridiculous to be believable?
That has found its way into the treatment. Excellent idea.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Have you considered casting the lead in year 27 of his tenure in the job?

neveragain

Have you decided on the love interest for this future Booker prize winner? A lady from Cork by the name of Sonia might fit the bill.
Keep it clean now, no changing her kit in public or any of that sort.

between the bridges

What's the title...

The Golden Shower and the five Rings.

Catalpast

Hey, all.

I'm thinking of writing a work of fiction concerning the Orymyic games - sporting event where al of the nations of Thrae combine to find the lowest, slowest and weakest.

In the novel, a senior member of a national sports organisation (a fictional country called Iveland) is arrested and charged with offences relating to ticket scalping. It transpires that he is also a senior member of the committee which organises the games.

I'm struggling to develop the narrative at the moment. Any ideas?

BTW, I haven't decided on a name for the anti-hero, but the name Hat Pickey is to the fore at the moment.
Too far fetched Des

GUBU territory

It will never run.....

publicrealm

Some good ideas in there but Gollum finally got hold of his precious (quite recently) so isn't really interested in pursuing quests anymore - not even back in the Shire.

You could have an Orc called, I dunno - Wallrus or something - he might be interested in quests?

<Mod> This topic is being discussed here. </Mod>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies