• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

A Plague On Both Your Houses

bactrian

I admit that I was taken in by the notion of a "New Era", "New Way Of Doing Business" etc.

I was naive , I really wanted our politicians to behave like adults, and I thought in the reality of no one party holding a majority (and needing substantial support) that they would stop acting like kindergarten rivals.

Jesus F.ing Christ was I proved wrong.

The old enemies met and put Party interest before National interest.

I expect that I am not the only one to note their priorities and I suspect that the next time round that priority will be remembered.

johnnypockets

I admit that I was taken in by the notion of a "New Era", "New Way Of Doing Business" etc.

I was naive , I really wanted our politicians to behave like adults, and I thought in the reality of no one party holding a majority (and needing substantial support) that they would stop acting like kindergarten rivals.

I expect that I am not the only one to note their priorities and I suspect that the next time round that priority will be remembered.
Politicians are only interested in themselves. This doesn't matter what party. When will this sink in...

Disillusioned democrat

In fairness, this new era in politics did follow 5 years of FG promised reform of politics, so maybe they've just cancelled each other out.

Self first, party second and country picks up the tab....the shared mantra of all Irish politicians.

ruserious

At this stage I would prefer a technocracy confirmed by referendum every two years.

Aristodemus

The fault lies exclusively with Enda Kenny. He is so consumed by his "legacy " that he allowed his party to be completely outmanoeuvred by FF which has reverted to type as soon as the election results came in and they discovered that their previous sins had been forgiven. What is harder to understand is the acquiescence in this by the likes of Varadkar, Bruton and Fitzgerald. It does not bode well for the future of FG if these three exemplify its future

bactrian

The fault lies exclusively with Enda Kenny. He is so consumed by his "legacy " that he allowed his party to be completely outmanoeuvred by FF which has reverted to type as soon as the election results came in and they discovered that their previous sins had been forgiven. What is harder to understand is the acquiescence in this by the likes of Varadkar, Bruton and Fitzgerald. It does not bode well for the future of FG if these three exemplify its future
I fully accept that Kenny's conduct and pursuit of "legacy" is indefensible , nonetheless laying all the blame at his door is silly. As you rightly point out FF .. has reverted to type.

Strawberry

They're both putting party before country, and if there's a second general election both should be punished for it.

johnnypockets

No doubt that Kenny's arrogance is a big problem but to claim the situation is exclusively his fault is ridiculous.

cunnyfunt

Having witnessed what you did politically over the past 8 yrs, to be fooled AGAIN (and claim to be shocked)....................you really are a numpty.

JCR

We get the politicians we derserve. These people are the people's choice, we vote for those who are closest to ourselves. This is the way the Irish do business, short sighted and lacking in responsibility.

Consider how this Irish Water farce became such an issue. Chancer politicians jumping on an issue it was possible to whip a mob up for, a lowest common denominator. Half wits, chancers, layabouts and yahoos. SF saw this and jumped on it. As people have noted FF follow the people, they don't attempt governance.

We have exactly what we deserve, it is exactly how we are as a country.

T

thewanderer

'A plague on both your houses'

A great insult to aim at one of the West Belgian Banker W#%ker elite

Man or Mouse

We get the politicians we derserve. These people are the people's choice, we vote for those who are closest to ourselves. This is the way the Irish do business, short sighted and lacking in responsibility.

Consider how this Irish Water farce became such an issue. Chancer politicians jumping on an issue it was possible to whip a mob up for, a lowest common denominator. Half wits, chancers, layabouts and yahoos. SF saw this and jumped on it. As people have noted FF follow the people, they don't attempt governance.

We have exactly what we deserve, it is exactly how we are as a country.
Sad but true.

Gin Soaked

Once the dinosaurs of both fg and ff are ejected the parties will merge. There will always be taxpayers to represent as opposed to the low income electorate and the parasite electorate. ( two distinct groups)

Gurdiev77

SO HOW WOULD YOU VOTE NEXT TIME ROUND- if any of us bother voying at all , that is .

ygargarin

This phrase is offensive to me, as a Christian and, I imagine, to members of other faiths. It's used gratuitously and without any relevance to the statement made.

The poster might be advised to think before they use this type of language in a business or work situation. It won't win friends!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies