• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

A proposition to suspend the property tax for up to five years.

sport02

Fianna Fail argue that now is not the right time to bring in a property tax, they're not against the idea but just not for now.
Anybody listening to Liveline yesterday would of heard some harrowing stories regarding this tax.
It is expected to take in about 500 million euro per annum.
https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http://www.thejournal.ie/property-tax-will-raise-around-e500m-taoiseach-312372-Dec2011/&ei=yXo7UYfZDOav7AbuzoGAAw&usg=AFQjCNHqjLw9Oq-KPAdegHb2aD1l4_ovtQ&sig2=ndkgPMYlnJopXDFAPTJOZA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.ZG4

My suggestion, we spend 600 million euro a year on foreign aid. For a period of up to five years we scale it back by 80% and at the same time suspend the property tax for upto five years.

When the economy turns around and missed mortgage repayments and other issues with the banks and property have very much improved, we then introduce a property tax and increase our foreign aid.

Quite bluntly, every, yes every cent and euro collected in property tax will be cancelled out by our foreign aid commitments. 500 million euro in and 600 million euro in aid out.

Dan_Murphy

Fianna Fail argue that now is not the right time to bring in a property tax, they're not against the idea but just not for now.
Anybody listening to Liveline yesterday would of heard some harrowing stories regarding this tax.
https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http://www.thejournal.ie/property-tax-will-raise-around-e500m-taoiseach-312372-Dec2011/&ei=yXo7UYfZDOav7AbuzoGAAw&usg=AFQjCNHqjLw9Oq-KPAdegHb2aD1l4_ovtQ&sig2=ndkgPMYlnJopXDFAPTJOZA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.ZG4

My suggestion, we spend 600 million euro a year on foreign aid. For a period of up to five years we scale it back by 80% and at the same time suspend the property tax for upto five years.

When the economy turns around and missed mortgage repayments and other issues with the banks and property have very much improved, we then introduce a property tax and increase our foreign aid.

Quite bluntly, every, yes every cent and euro collected in property tax will be cancelled out by our foreign aid commitments. 500 million euro in and 600 million euro in aid out.
Why not cut back foreign aid and keep the property tax?

captainwillard

This is quite childish. We need the money and FF are yet again playing to the electorate. stroke politics and destined to fail.

HorseLane

Dont get ANGRY with the Taxman ........ get EVEN!

Pay by cheque in 12 monthly installments.

1,000,000 x 12 = 12,000,000 items to be handled manually will collapse the system.

gijoe

What f.ucking pieces of $hit they really are the f.ucking traitors to their own people.

devoutcapitalist

FF should shut up they agreed to the introduction of a property tax with the troika in late 2010.

Bonsai Experiment

I agree with a property based system of taxation also but I wont consider it for a second until the banks have been dealt with decisively and the ECB has been made take its share of the responsibility for the mess we are in.
Until then Fine Gael has the same chance of getting me to pay it as Fianna Fail has of getting me to vote for them.

damus

I've a better idea...why not cut back on foreign aid and tax to the hilt FF and all former TD's who were part of or supported the govt. in the last two Dail terms prior to 2011, in addition to the head honchos at AIB, BoI and the former Anglo for totally f*cking up our economy.

Tin Foil Hat

This is quite childish. We need the money and FF are yet again playing to the electorate. stroke politics and destined to fail.
What money? By it's very nature this tax is attempting to collect money that, in many cases, quite simply does not exist.

georgepig

I've a better idea...why not cut back on foreign aid and tax to the hilt FF and all former TD's who were part of or supported the govt. in the last two Dail terms prior to 2011, in addition to the head honchos at AIB, BoI and the former Anglo for totally f*cking up our economy.
great idea. well done!

hiding behind a poster

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thejournal.ie%2Fproperty-tax-will-raise-around-e500m-taoiseach-312372-Dec2011%2F&ei=yXo7UYfZDOav7AbuzoGAAw&usg=AFQjCNHqjLw9Oq-KPAdegHb2aD1l4_ovtQ&sig2=ndkgPMYlnJopXDFAPTJOZA&bvm=bv.43287494,d.ZG4

Terrible idea. Foreign aid goes to people whose hardship is far greater than ours. Nobody in Ireland has to walk 20 miles to access clean drinking water. Nobody in Ireland will die due to the unavailability of simple over-the-counter medicines for conditions that are not life-threatening in the developed world, but are life-threatening in the Third World. And nobody in Ireland will die of hunger.

hiding behind a poster

I agree with a property based system of taxation also but I wont consider it for a second until the banks have been dealt with decisively and the ECB has been made take its share of the responsibility for the mess we are in.
Until then Fine Gael has the same chance of getting me to pay it as Fianna Fail has of getting me to vote for them.
I don't recall the ECB f*cking up our public finances the way FF did.

White Horse

Its going to cost them so much to get it out of me that it will cancel out your payment a multiple of times, remember that when you are paying it.
Why is it going to cost the Revenue so much to collect it from you?

Are you not in employment or in receipt of any social welfare payments?

im axeled

it will not happen, as they are of the elite, taxes are for the little people.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies