• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

A question for the all the sheeple who paid the Household Charge

Black George

What is the reasoning behind the exemption from paying the HHC given to people living in council houses (and other rented accommodation)? If the HHC is for local services.... surely council tenants get local services? If anything, they get more services than anyone else! It must be plain to even the meanest intelligence that the whole thing is a fraud, and an ill-constructed one at that.

Dorcha

What is the reasoning behind the exemption from paying the HHC given to people living in council houses (and other rented accommodation)? If the HHC is for local services.... surely council tenants get local services? If anything, they get more services than anyone else! It must be plain to even the meanest intelligence that the whole thing is a fraud, and an ill-constructed one at that.

If you want people to reply to your posts, you would do well not to use offensive words in the title of your OP.

Please explain the bolded part. Explain the "fraud" part in detail.

fiobi

I guess people who live in council houses are like renters and its up to their landlord (ie the council) to increase their rent to cover the household charge.

So the question should be are county councils paying the household charge on their rental properties?

Dunlin3

It says a lot about someone when they use the word sheeple. I think it means that they have no respect for anyone that has an opposing view. I tend to ignore people who use the term.

mary_queen_of_the_gael

The government needs money to squander and needs to take it without damaging its electoral base or its self image. To make users pay: the flat screen brigade in council houses would hurt that image as Dessie Ellis et al might object. Those who own their ow properties are legitimate targets to bully and rob. This racket has been going on since Norman times.

laidback

i did not pay the household charge for the reasons the op outlines. It clearly was not about local services or tenants public and private would be liable. I did hoever make a €100 donation to a local charity providing an excellent service.

In the UK all residents pay the council tax (their name for household tax) - it is much higher than here but local authorities there provide many more servcies than Irish local authorities so you can't compare the amounts paid.

mr. jings

As one of said sheeple, I'm afraid I can't answer your question until all the others do.

Black George

It says a lot about someone when they use the word sheeple. I think it means that they have no respect for anyone that has an opposing view. I tend to ignore people who use the term.
But you didn't ignore me, did you? You read the thread and took the trouble to reply to it. And you are partially right: I have no respect for any of the sheeple who paid the HHC.

BlackLion

I think it's a real glimple into the person. Black george didn't come up with this phase so like a sheep he copied what was popular to say and used it. Ohhh Irony. :)

SKELLY

I read on another site a guy who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident in Mayo.
The fire brigade attended but werent really needed as no one needed to be cut out or any heavy duty work etc.
He didnt call the fire brigade, a nearby householder did

He just got a bill from Mayo CC for 2,800euros for the call out!

And Enda Kenny told us the Household Charge was for "essential local services"!!

Make no mistakes the household charge/Household Tax is a ruse to keep Public servants in the comfortable salaries that they are accustomed too and nothing more.

Black George

I think it's a real glimple into the person. Black george didn't come up with this phase so like a sheep he copied what was popular to say and used it. Ohhh Irony. :)
Hmmm... I think what you're trying to say is: "Baaaaa....."

blokesbloke

Why should anyone give a serious reply to the OP since it insults them right at the beginning?

This thread should be zoo'd. Pile of crap.

BlackLion

I read on another site a guy who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident in Mayo.
The fire brigade attended but werent really needed as no one needed to be cut out or any heavy duty work etc.
He didnt call the fire brigade, a nearby householder did

He just got a bill from Mayo CC for 2,800euros for the call out!

And Enda Kenny told us the Household Charge was for "essential local services"!!

Make no mistakes the household charge/Household Tax is a ruse to keep Public servants in the comfortable salaries that they are accustomed too and nothing more.
I have always said that the Household charge was simply to bring in funds to replace the funds going out due to our debt. While i am not happy about this situation I can understand because of the countries money trouble and we all have to chip in. What truely pisses me off about the Household charge is that Left wing parties oppose it. why do left wing parties oppose a property tax? it's like right wing parties having an open door policy on immigrants. it just doesn't make sence unless you look at the left politicians as what they really are. Politicians who want votes. simple as.

DaveMc

Im self employed and need a tax clearance to live; had to pay the 'filth' tax plus the late penalty as i was told..no payment, no tax clearance cert.
May our political filth die a slow and painful death !

Black George

I have always said that the Household charge was simply to bring in funds to replace the funds going out due to our debt. While i am not happy about this situation I can understand because of the countries money trouble and we all have to chip in. What truely pisses me off about the Household charge is that Left wing parties oppose it. why do left wing parties oppose a property tax? it's like right wing parties having an open door policy on immigrants. it just doesn't make sence unless you look at the left politicians as what they really are. Politicians who want votes. simple as.
What you mean is: because you allowed yourself to be bullied into paying it, you want everyone else to follow suit.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies