A Quirky Little Idea - Vote them back in

Watcher2

Just a thought, and I haven't disected the elements of the budget yet but suspect there to be a few little bombs that Lenny and his merry FF band of cohorts contained in the budget. The purpose of these bombs, of course, is to trip up the new government after the imminent election.

So, what about this for a quirky little idea:

Vote the shameful feckers back in.

They certainly are not expecting it, and there is an argument that they should have to face up to the electorate everyday while they implement the medicine they have set for us. And they should face the wrath of the electorate everyday, not just on one election day.

It will also help to reinforce the fact that FF got us here and should never be allowed hold autonomous power again. I say this because none of the power of any administration in this country can be autonomous while the IMF and ECB/EU are breathing down our necks.

So, what do you think? A stupid idea? Any merit to it at all?

And for the record, I am not a FF supporter and anyone who knows my posts/ramblings on here know that I am not trying to spin things in their favour. But she we allow them be in opposition while FG/Lab/others have the job of dishing the pain each day?

truthisfree

Just a thought, and I haven't disected the elements of the budget yet but suspect there to be a few little bombs that Lenny and his merry FF band of cohorts contained in the budget. The purpose of these bombs, of course, is to trip up the new government after the imminent election.

They certainly are not expecting it, and there is an argument that they should have to face up to the electorate everyday while they implement the medicine they have set for us. And they should face the wrath of the electorate everyday, not just on one election day.

It will also help to reinforce the fact that FF got us here and should never be allowed hold autonomous power again. I say this because none of the power of any administration in this country can be autonomous while the IMF and ECB/EU are breathing down our necks.

And for the record, I am not a FF supporter and anyone who knows my posts/ramblings on here know that I am not trying to spin things in their favour. But she we allow them be in opposition while FG/Lab/others have the job of dishing the pain each day?
I suggested this before on here as i would like them to suffer the consequences of what they have done, hate the thoughts of them being in opposition giving new government a hard time blaming them for the mess they left the country in.

I really think this is worth thinking about as I honestly do not see FG/LAB as any better.

Number2

Better to vote them all out and withhold their pensions until a tribunal of inquiry into our loss of economic sovereignty is concluded.

That includes FF, Greens, Lowry, and JHR.

truthisfree

Better to vote them all out and withhold their pensions until a tribunal of inquiry into our loss of economic sovereignty is concluded.

Who is going to implement that, you and I, no, it won't happen!

Asparagus

Stupid idea...

they have destroyed the economy and our society.
another term and they'll be experimenting on the homeless and selling prisoners as slave labour.
They'll be establishing prima nocta in constituencies and pimping industrial school children out to religious orders

The direction they are taking us is not the only way and someone else will take us another way.

truthisfree

Stupid idea...

another term and they'll be experimenting on the homeless and selling prisoners as slave labour.
They'll be establishing prima nocta in constituencies and pimping industrial school children out to religious orders

The direction they are taking us is not the only way and someone else will take us another way.
Don't kid yourself, FG/LAB are more of the same! Only direction they will take is possibly drive down the wrong side of the same road.

Watcher2

A tribunal of enquiry?? Are you mad?

Watcher2

Stupid idea...

But FF are a nasty opposition. FG or any of the rest of them will not be able for them. FF are probably already laughing at them with the job they have created for any opposition. It would be a great FU to FF if we voted them back in.

Asparagus

Don't kid yourself, FG/LAB are more of the same! Only direction they will take is possibly drive down the wrong side of the same road.
So vote Sinn Fein....

That road is all the wrong way...

FG and LAB are not the same... They didn't spend the last 13 years wrecking the country and they don't have the blood of emigration and mass unemployment all over their hands... neither are thy in the pockets of the banks

Asparagus

But FF are a nasty opposition. FG or any of the rest of them will not be able for them. FF are probably already laughing at them with the job they have created for any opposition. It would be a great FU to FF if we voted them back in.
25-30 FFers are not an insurmountabl opposition - they might be the 2nd biggest opposition party
FG and LAB get tripped up in idealogical differences but ironically the bertie adminstration brought Lab in from the left and closer to FG than ever.

Plus i think 2007 was the experiment of putting them back in to sort it out and they failed beyond drastically.

Watcher2

So vote Sinn Fein....

FG and LAB are not the same... They didn't spend the last 13 years wrecking the country and they don't have the blood of emigration and mass unemployment all over their hands... neither are thy in the pockets of the banks
Not now, but do you honestly believe that if FG and or Labour were in government this passed decade, they wouldn't have engaged in the give away budgets, back slapping, crony type policies?

This has to be one of the most insane ideas I've ever heard of in my life, straight out of an episode of The Simpsons or something. Almost beyond counter-intuitive, and it makes a mockery of the whole idea behind democracy. When FG/Labour get into power they won't be in any great position to make changes, but unless the electorate have goldfish memories, FF should disappear as one of the largest parties in the Dail. Although perhaps this shouldn't be discounted when we're talking about the Irish electorate, who voted FF into government in three consecutive general elections and handed them second place in the recent byelection.

Watcher2

This has to be one of the most insane ideas I've ever heard of in my life, straight out of an episode of The Simpsons or something. Almost beyond counter-intuitive, and it makes a mockery of the whole idea behind democracy. When FG/Labour get into power they won't be in any great position to make changes, but unless the electorate have goldfish memories, FF should disappear as one of the largest parties in the Dail. Although perhaps this shouldn't be discounted when we're talking about the Irish electorate, who voted FF into government in three consecutive general elections and handed them second place in the recent byelection.
I hope you are right. I just have nightmares that FF will relish watching someone else take the fall for their mistakes and create a resurgence in support as a result. You do acknowledge the level of the Irish electorate and FF play "them" like fiddles. I am having shocking thoughts of what's to come.

Asparagus

Not now, but do you honestly believe that if FG and or Labour were in government this passed decade, they wouldn't have engaged in the give away budgets, back slapping, crony type policies?
Not as much as FF - thats what makes them win so many elections

Our two main problems were benchmarking and financial irregulation
If a Labour Finance Minister gave the public sector unions what bertie and cowen did their would have been killings - ruairi quinn and eamonn gilmore would be publically crucified...

FG - aren't (to the same degree) in bed with builders and wouldn't have generated a property bubble facilitated by fast and easy credit.

I am pretty sure Anglo would be a small corporate lender under anyone but Fianna Fail.

Plus what ever you say - Mary Harney would not have been health minister - and even if you forgave this government everything and blamed lehmanns for it all - the way the health service in this country is run is an assault on the common good and indictable.

Incitatus

A Quirky Little Idea - vote them back in

My neighbour voiced a similar notion around six months ago. However, by this stage, I’d imagine that another round of Zanu FF would see us languishing as the poorest relation in some sort of self-styled ‘Axis of Prosperity’ with Zimbabwe and North Korea – though the latter country did have a rather novel approach to the problem of its errant Finance Minister.

Dear Leader Cow-en’s Great Leap Forward to the Stone Age awaits...

Dunlin3

What a stupid comment, how do you know if they are the same or not, they have not been in government for the last 13 years. They at least deserve an opportunity as they can certainly do no worse. The last time they were in government they managed the economy very conservatively which was what was needed at that time.

Asparagus

My neighbour voiced a similar notion around six months ago. However, by this stage, I’d imagine that another round of Zanu FF would see us languishing as the poorest relation in some sort of self-styled ‘Axis of Prosperity’ with Zimbabwe and North Korea – though the latter country did have a rather novel approach to the problem of its errant Finance Minister.

Dear Leader Cow-en’s Great Leap Forward to the Stone Age awaits...
Can you imagine if the allies left it to the Nazis to sort out the economic and social mess after the war?

Pygmalion

So vote Sinn Fein....

In turrn...

1) Yes, let's take ourselves back a hundred years by voting SF. The Irish electorate needs a choice of parties and candidates unencumbered with history, which the populace has long moved past. An end to all civil war politics and the parties associated with it!

2) I don't remember one point at which FG/Lab/SF questioned the standard of regulation in the irish banking sector. All I recall are the deafening howls of TD's moaning about how poor first time buyers were only offered a mortgage 6 times their salary by the banks and how could we then expect them to pay stamp duty? (I myself was happily offered 9 times my salary by my good old sport of a bank manager, so had no need to fear the mere €22k I paid in stamp duty)

3) Now question? Who bailed out AIB in 1987? Occupants of those pockets have many bedfellows. (And a last point - I am an economic emigrant)

Blame got us three tribunals and nothing to show for €500 million plus. Can we get to thinking about how to cross the hurdles to come and not spend our time examining the fences in yesterdays race?

Incitatus

Stupid idea...

Don’t give them any more ideas for 2016.

Asparagus

In turrn...

1) Yes, let's take ourselves back a hundred years by voting SF. The Irish electorate needs a choice of parties and candidates unencumbered with history, which the populace has long moved past. An end to all civil war politics and the parties associated with it!

2) I don't remember one point at which FG/Lab/SF questioned the standard of regulation in the irish banking sector. All I recall are the deafening howls of TD's moaning about how poor first time buyers were only offered a mortgage 6 times their salary by the banks and how could we then expect them to pay stamp duty? (I myself was happily offered 9 times my salary by my good old sport of a bank manager, so had no need to fear the mere €22k I paid in stamp duty)

3) Now question? Who bailed out AIB in 1987? Occupants of those pockets have many bedfellows. (And a last point - I am an economic emigrant)

Blame got us three tribunals and nothing to show for €500 million plus. Can we get to thinking about how to cross the hurdles to come and not spend our time examining the fences in yesterdays race?
two months ago if you had told me i would be weighing up a vote for Sinn Fein - i would have laughed.

But they are the party that are pushing the national interest. If that is a 100 year old concept then fine.
FF and FG are sinn fein offspring and have grown (to a greater and lesser degree) spoilt and indulgent
Labour are a party with a past in the fight for the worker and a present in preserving union inefficiency
FF are happy to hand over the keys of the country to the imf
FG and Labour are less happy but want to wrest the control back as early as possible
Sinn fein are talking about self determination and social justice.

This time, it won't be a tribunal, the people will play the blame game and they will hopefully consign ff and the greens to the compost heap.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies