• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

GDPR

I think I've made my point clear in my post.
Yes I got it. You believe in traditional feminism and Muslim-dominated countries don't.

Therefore as a traditional feminist, you are against Muslim-dominated countries.

Socratus O' Pericles

Mainly the SI was an opportunity to pry into your neighbour's private life, do a spot of tittle tattling and steal some money......how very catholic.

PeacefulViking

The following tweet is the work of leading South West Wales Tory, avid Brexit campaigner & minister of five Welsh Independent Nonconformist chapels in Carmathernshire, the Rev Dr Felix Aubel. This denomination BTW is noted for it's tolerance & liberalism.

The Rev Dr Aubel is apparently referring to the Spanish Inquisition.

Do pie users agree with the Rev Dr that it might be a good idea to torture Muslims (& presumably Jews) and burn them alive in the streets, or do most people reckon that the good Dr is taking things rather too far?

The tweet by the way is a response to a Swedish neo Nazi.
Should one point out that the "Christian Spaniards" also lacked patience with Protestants like Dr Aubel? And the provocation that the Spanish government lost patience with was simply the presence of people who did not share the Roman Catholic faith.

Se0samh

Should one point out that the "Christian Spaniards" also lacked patience with Protestants like Dr Aubel? And the provocation that the Spanish government lost patience with was simply the presence of people who did not share the Roman Catholic faith.
Similar views were shared by all religions and sects at that time, especially if they were in power, except perhaps Islam, they preferred their religious opponents subjugated, but alive and able to pay the relevant tax.................

rainmaker

Administrator

rainmaker

Administrator
Yes I got it. You believe in traditional feminism and Muslim-dominated countries don't.
Ah come on you have to chuckle at the flexibility of some posters - they enthusiastically berate Muslim countries for their lack of feminism while angrily ranting about how feminists are destroying the fabric of society here in the west.

An obvious & amusing give away that some people haven't thought their arguments through.

Hunter-Gatherer

- they enthusiastically berate Muslim countries for their lack of feminism while angrily ranting about how feminists are destroying the fabric of society here in the west.

feminists in the West are encouraging the wholesale import of a squillion unattached dispossessed males into Europe. To cook the books. To work the numbers and do over the local males. And the policy seems to be working quite effectively.

rainmaker

Administrator
feminists in the West are encouraging the wholesale import of a squillion unattached dispossessed males into Europe. To cook the books. To work the numbers and do over the local males. And the policy seems to be working quite effectively.
So what you're saying is that feminists believe what society really needs is more men...

Sotired

Ah come on you have to chuckle at the flexibility of some posters - they enthusiastically berate Muslim countries for their lack of feminism while angrily ranting about how feminists are destroying the fabric of society here in the west.

An obvious & amusing give away that some people haven't thought their arguments through.
Wouldn't have crossed your mind that the appaling treatment of women in Muslim countries is given as but one example of those countries backwardness, and therefore men from those countries who hold unacceptable views on how women should be treated, aren't exactly ideal candidates for fitting into Western society, and that although those same posters take it as given that men and women should be treated equally, that they might hold the view that feminism as a movement, having achieved all reasonable goals, have now lost the run of themselves, particularly regarding their deafening silence at best, or at worst their support for importing men from a culture that seems to despise women.

A bit too nuanced for you?

Or did you fully understand that, but you were far too interested in presenting the position in overly simplistic terms in a pathetic attempt to score a point?

rainmaker

Administrator
...and that although those same posters take it as given that men and women should be treated equally, that they might hold the view that feminism as a movement, having achieved all reasonable goals, have now lost the run of themselves...

Or did you fully understand that, but you were far too interested in presenting the position in overly simplistic terms in a pathetic attempt to score a point?
No. I do find amusing the irony in posters sneering at Muslims for holding backwards attitudes to women, while at the same time becoming indignant when women demand equality, or even that they are out of the kitchen in the first place.

Socratus O' Pericles

Wouldn't have crossed your mind that the appaling treatment of women in Muslim countries is given as but one example of those countries backwardness, and therefore men from those countries who hold unacceptable views on how women should be treated, aren't exactly ideal candidates for fitting into Western society, and that although those same posters take it as given that men and women should be treated equally, that they might hold the view that feminism as a movement, having achieved all reasonable goals, have now lost the run of themselves, particularly regarding their deafening silence at best, or at worst their support for importing men from a culture that seems to despise women.

A bit too nuanced for you?

When you spout nonsense like that your attempt to be patronising is doubly embarrassing:

Global Gender Gap Report 2016 - Reports - World Economic Forum

Sotired

No. I do find amusing the irony in posters sneering at Muslims for holding backwards attitudes to women, while at the same time becoming indignant when women demand equality, or even that they are out of the kitchen in the first place.
Only selectively quoting my post, always a sign of some dishonesty to come, and even misunderstanding or mistepresenting the bit you selectively quoted.

Sotired

rainmaker

Administrator
Only selectively quoting my post, always a sign of some dishonesty to come, and even misunderstanding or mistepresenting the bit you selectively quoted.
I responded to your substantive point - the premise that I am too 'thick' & 'pathetic' to grasp the supposedly 'nuanced' point I replied to, (that 'Feminism has imported a squillion men' in recent years).

Now that you've pointed it out to me in such polite terms I do see it is a claim I should indeed take more seriously.

As for your point that people can hold two views at the same time, even when those views are utterly contradictory yet still feel able to berate others for holding the same views, of course they can - it's called cherry picking.

But it is hypocrisy & they do come across as a bit simple minded when they do so.

parentheses

Feminists love islam. Here they are chanting Allah Akbar

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Last edited:
Last edited:
I was going to put up a clip of El Cid but i found the whole movie on youtube so see ya all in three hours.....:D
No doubt you remember that in the movie (as was true of the historical personage) El Cid fought the Almoravid Muslims while allied with other Muslims.

Yes just take a look at Saudi Arabia.
A return to the Middle Ages would constitute progress for the KSA.

Witches were of course another group that the Inquistion lacked patience with.
Pardon for the nit-picking but withcraft was one thing that the Spanish Inquisition too little interest in,regarding it as a Northern european peculiarity.

Sotired

I responded to your substantive point - the premise that I am too 'thick' & 'pathetic' to grasp the supposedly 'nuanced' point I replied to, (that 'Feminism has imported a squillion men' in recent years).

Now that you've pointed it out to me in such polite terms I do see it is a claim I should indeed take more seriously.

As for your point that people can hold two views at the same time, even when those views are utterly contradictory yet still feel able to berate others for holding the same views, of course they can - it's called cherry picking.

But it is hypocrisy & they do come across as a bit simple minded when they do so.
Do please highlight the part of my post where you say I claimed that people could hold 'utterly contradictory' views.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom