• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

rainmaker

Administrator
Last edited:
Last edited:
Do please highlight the part of my post where you say I claimed that people could hold 'utterly contradictory' views.
You mean like this bit for instance...

those same posters take it as given that men and women should be treated equally, that they might hold the view that and thatfeminism as a movement, having achieved all reasonable goals, have now lost the run of themselves,
If you do not see the irony of posters who believe feminism is an evil of western society going on to other threads to berate Muslim men for having backwards attitudes to women I don't know what to say.

If you also cannot see the see stupidity of claiming feminists are importing 'squillions of men to do over western men' then you're probably beyond being persuaded anyway.

It's the same as those cretins in the likes of the EDL who condemn Shariah law as barbaric in one breath & without a trace of irony tell you they should chop the hands of thieves and castrate sex offenders without anaesthetic etc.

You would probably have no problem with them holding such laughably contradictory positions - I find the irony amusing.

Windowshopper

He's got a history doctorate.
So? His doctorate seems to have being on the history of Welsh Toryism rather than on the medieval Spain.

Sotired

You mean like this bit for instance...

If you do not see the irony of posters who believe feminism is an evil of western society going on to other threads to berate Muslim men for having backwards attitudes to women I don't know what to say.

If you also cannot see the see stupidity of claiming feminists are importing 'squillions of men to do over western men' then you're probably beyond being persuaded anyway.

It's the same as those cretins in the likes of the EDL who condemn Shariah law as barbaric in one breath & without a trace of irony tell you they should chop the hands of thieves and castrate sex offenders without anaesthetic etc.

You would probably have no problem with them holding such laughably contradictory positions - I find the irony amusing.
You're equating the views of a westerner on what feminism has now become, with the very backward views and unjust customs held in muslim countries that opress women in a very real way every day.

Customs and laws and a culture that say it's ok to kill women for adultery, or how about 'honour' killngs.

Many western men doing or condoning these?

'Honour' killings. What a very sick and twisted use of the word 'honour'.

I never claimed that feminists were importing anybody.

I find it odd that feminists don't seem to have an issue with the treatment of women in muslim countries, and neither do they seem to have an issue with the significant influx of men from muslim countries, men who hold extremely hostile views towards women.

We have seen the results already.

Are you a mind reader?

How do you know what I would or wouldn't have a problem with if I didn't post it?

Stick to replying to what's posted and try to ignore the voices in your head.

PeacefulViking

Pardon for the nit-picking but withcraft was one thing that the Spanish Inquisition too little interest in,regarding it as a Northern european peculiarity.
There were trials and executions for witchcraft but it is true that the inquisitors at time showed more skepticism than some Protestant judges.

rainmaker

Administrator
Last edited:
Last edited:
I never claimed that feminists were importing anybody..
No, your fellow travelers did, and it was his post you accused me of missing the 'nuances' of.

Are you a mind reader?
You have just spoken on behalf of all feminists and all Muslims and then accuse me of imagining I'm a mind reader & demand I respond to what you have written - I take it you do actually see the irony there at least?

Sotired

No, your fellow travelers did, and it was his post you accused me of missing the 'nuances' of.

You have just spoken on behalf of all feminists and all Muslims and then accuse me of imagining I'm a mind reader & demand I respond to what you have written - I take it you do actually see the irony there at least?
Fellow Travellers?

Are you being a bit racist there perhaps?

Here we go again.

Do try to reply to and comment on what I actually post, not what you think or what you'd like to think I have posted.

I'm not now nor have I 'demanded' you do anything.

You do seem to like making stuff up.

This is getting quite tiring.

Do please highlight where I was speaking on behalf of all feminists or all muslims.

Never mind that you seem to have ignored more than half of what I posted.

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
There were trials and executions for witchcraft but it is true that the inquisitors at time showed more skepticism than some Protestant judges.
Not just Protestants. Catholic regions like Austria, Bavaria and (to a lesser degree) France were also zealous in persecuting witches.

rainmaker

Administrator
You do seem to like making stuff up.

Do please highlight where I was speaking on behalf of all feminists or all muslims.
Ok, this is the third time you have needed your own posts explaining to you - you spoke on behalf of all feminists here:

I find it odd that feminists don't seem to have an issue with the treatment of women in muslim countries,
And on behalf of all Muslims here when you claimed they apparently all hold the same views on women:

significant influx of men from muslim countries, men who hold extremely hostile views towards women.
You do seem to be having an awful lot of trouble keeping up with your own posting.

Cai

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmm, it seems the good doctor no longer feels the need for a Second Inquisition.

https://twitter.com/aubelfelix/status/843970146024767492

It reads something like 'I repent & apologise for the tweet. I feel great shame for the pain I caused everyone by posing the question'

Unusually for him the tweet is in Welsh & just in Welsh, which indicates that it's aimed primeraly at his employers - the congregations of the five chapels he's responsible for.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom