• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

A Ship of Fools: The Renewable Heat Incentive fiasco

raetsel

I should add that the DUP's failings in the RHI scheme go beyond mere incompetence, and reflect upon the stupidity, downright laziness and barefaced dishonesty of a group of people who weren't even concerned about the overspend until they (the DUP minister and Spads directly involved) discovered that the tab was not going to be picked up by Westminster.
This was the DUP's doing, and no one else.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
and the entire responsibility for the RHI mess lies with the DUP ..... to suggest otherwise is ludicrous and dishonest
I asked why the minister for agriculture wasn't brought in as a witness

raetsel

I asked why the minister for agriculture wasn't brought in as a witness, shes a politician, the face and responsibile person of the department not a manager, we're talking politicis not business
Has the penny not dropped yet?
She had no responsibility for the creation of or termination of the scheme. Her department had no responsibility for ensuring that it was properly set up or administered. Nor had it any responsibility for managing the scheme's budget. Her department's only responsibility was promotional, i.e. to make farmers aware that there were grants available in respect of it, as they would with any other governmental or EU incentive. Her department had less accountability for the management of RHI than it would have had for administering EU grants, because in fact it had none at all. Therefore she would not have been able to explain how or why the scheme became so flawed.
Even if you are not capable of understanding that explanation surely it must be perfectly obvious to you that if she had anything of relevance to contribute that the Inquiry chair would have called her to give evidence? Are you seriously suggesting that you know what his job entailed better than he did?

AhNowStop

Why would she be, herself and the dept if agri had “nothing” to do with the development and management of the scheme .....

Are you suggesting Patrick Colgan is overseeing a cover up to protect the shinners ?

Marcella

A witness to what ? That her department rolled out a scheme devised, costed and signed off by another government Minister, namely Arlene Foster ?

Marcella

With right to reply letters going out to those criticised in Colgan’s report, it seems we’re reaching the end of the RHI debacle.

The question for nationalists is, what to do if an arrogant and unapologetic Fermanagh lady refuses to accept the report’s findings ?

Could SF really go back in with Mrs ‘accountable but not responsible’ if she continues to accept no blame for RHI ?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies