A Stinger Stung! US "Project Veritas" caught planting a fake news story ....

owedtojoy

A interesting light on how organisations on the US right creates fake stories to undermine true ones.

This effort was to plant a fake story about Republican Senatorial candidate Roy Moore of Alabama, in the Washington Post. The Post had previously published accounts of women who accused Moore of making sexual approaches to them when they under 16 and he over 30.

The modus operandi is obvious. Plant a fake "Moore accuser" who would subsequently retract her story, and then say she was offered money to play a role. Hey presto! All Moore's accusers could be smeared as liars, and he would be guaranteed election.

However, the Post's investigation rang alarm bells about the latest "accuser".

"The conservative group Project Veritas and its controversial founder, James O’Keefe, apparently wanted to help cast doubt on the women’s stories. The group targets media and left-leaning organizations by secretly filming them. In 2010, O’Keefe pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a ploy in which two men posed as telephone repairmen and tried to enter the office of then-Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)."

More of O'Keefe's concoctions surfaced here during the last election, and were of course purveyed by the usual right-wing hysteriacs.

A conservative group tried to plant a fake Roy Moore allegation in the Washington Post. It failed.
A woman said Moore got her pregnant at 15. Her story unraveled under scrutiny.

What James O'Keefe doesn't get about the media - CNNPolitics

The story is a another "fake news" warning. And, bad and all as the "MSM" are, they may be better than many who criticise them.

Last edited:

Jack Walsh

A interesting light on how organisations on the US right creates fake stories to undermine true ones.

This effort was to plant a fake story about Republican Senatorial candidate Roy Moore of Alabama, in the Washington Post. The Post had previously published accounts of women who accused Moore of making sexual approaches to them when they under 16 and he over 30.

The modus operandi is obvious. Plant a fake "Moore accuser" who would subsequently retract her story, and then say she was offered money to play a role. Hey presto! All Moore's accusers could be smeared as liars, and he would be guaranteed election.

"The conservative group Project Veritas and its controversial founder, James O’Keefe, apparently wanted to help cast doubt on the women’s stories. The group targets media and left-leaning organizations by secretly filming them. In 2010, O’Keefe pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a ploy in which two men posed as telephone repairmen and tried to enter the office of then-Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA)."

More of O'Keefe's concoctions surfaced here during the last election, and were of course purveyed by the usual right-wing hysteriacs.

A conservative group tried to plant a fake Roy Moore allegation in the Washington Post. It failed.

The story is a another "fake news" warning. And, bad and all as the "MSM" are, they may be better than many who criticise them.
Well done to the WaPo on excellent handling of this matter.
Professional, thorough and accurate reporting standards

These "sh*tholes" like Veritas are so consumed by their own toxic agenda and arrogance they think they can pull any stunt
They thought they could send some brain dead cultist up to DC and peddle a half arsed story and the Post would simply rush to print.
And why would they believe it would be this ridiculously easy?
Because in their fu*ked up world, it is that easy.
If some ex crack head who is now a an evangelical Trump cultist came to the Daily Caller with a story that Joe Biden and Liz Warren raped her repeatedly while George Soros horse whipped her, they'd simply print it
What's more sick cultists. like the out of her depth patsy they sent to the WaPo would swallow the story whole

Veritas
What a joke

Like calling a bestiality video "Cuddly Animals"

GDPR

I wonder at the mindset of people who call their organisation "Veritas" when it is a vehicle for lying.

The post-truth era is here

bormotello

Sounds like WaPo is in a panic mode, so we should wait what O’Keefe will release tomorrow

GDPR

James O'Keefe: another right winger of Irish ancestry?

eoghanacht

Reminiscent of a certain Nick.

NYCKY

Jeff Bezos of Amazon bought this paper about four years ago and totally revamped it's business model. He staffed it up, modernized it in every way, digitally, electronically, and with all sorts of data analytics, the result is the paper is now doing much better. Good old fashioned journalism.

Looks like they did a good job on this fake story too.

rainmaker

Administrator
I can't wait for our resident alt right half wits to arrive and tediously claim this is a fake news story...

SeanieFitz

I can't wait for our resident alt right half wits to arrive and tediously claim this is a fake news story...
Well Greg Gutfeld of Fox "News" (sic) blamed the liberals/left for O'Keefe's attempted stitch up

Jack Walsh

Thinking same thing myself O'Keeffe, Hannity, Conway, Bannion, all of Irish ancestry
Utterly depressing

Why Are All the Conservative Loudmouths Irish-American?

Thankfully appears to be an exported phenomenon
At home, as we have seen, there us close to zero appetite for this alt right racist and white supremacist agenda.

Most of the people I have met in life who went to America in the 1930's, 40's and 50's were among the finest people I have ever met anywhere in the world.
But their offspring in many cases (especially those who went to work in banking and financial services) became prize assh*les

They seem oblivious to the American apparatus (union pay and benefits, lack of discrimination in hiring, education and most of all a community that watched out for each other) that got them to where they are.
They will of course say stuff like "my ma and pa worked like dogs to get me to where i am", but seem blind to the fact that their parents (notwithstanding that in many cases they did indeed work crazy hours) still needed compassionate and inclusive systems and programmes to help forge that good livelihood for their families.
Much of the stuff these priveleged bozos now rail against when it comes to Mexicans and Blacks and Muslims and others

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I suspect it is a bit like the white entrenchment in South Africa when they could sense control slipping away from them.

Cornered rats lashing out in a fervour of resentment.

RasherHash

We always have Kennedy and Obama - Progressive Presidents of Irish ancestry. ;)
Obama dropped 26,000 bombs in his final year alone.

"Progressive" how are yah! :roll:

livingstone

Jeff Bezos of Amazon bought this paper about four years ago and totally revamped it's business model. He staffed it up, modernized it in every way, digitally, electronically, and with all sorts of data analytics, the result is the paper is now doing much better. Good old fashioned journalism.

Looks like they did a good job on this fake story too.
Yep - an interesting angle on Watergate is the way it prompted real competition between WaPo and NYT to compete for scoops, which prompted both of them to really up their game.

I'm not following either terribly closely, but my impression is that WaPo are winning hands down compared to NYT who are busy defending themselves for printing soft articles on neo nazis.

SeanieFitz

Utterly depressing

Why Are All the Conservative Loudmouths Irish-American?

Thankfully appears to be an exported phenomenon
At home, as we have seen, there us close to zero appetite for this alt right racist and white supremacist agenda.

Most of the people I have met in life who went to America in the 1930's, 40's and 50's were among the finest people I have ever met anywhere in the world.
But their offspring in many cases (especially those who went to work in banking and financial services) became prize assh*les

They seem oblivious to the American apparatus (union pay and benefits, lack of discrimination in hiring, education and most of all a community that watched out for each other) that got them to where they are.
They will of course say stuff like "my ma and pa worked like dogs to get me to where i am", but seem blind to the fact that their parents (notwithstanding that in many cases they did indeed work crazy hours) still needed compassionate and inclusive systems and programmes to help forge that good livelihood for their families.
Much of the stuff these priveleged bozos now rail against when it comes to Mexicans and Blacks and Muslims and others
Most middle class Irish Americans, certainly blue collar workers, seem to be deeply disillusioned with politics and the political establishment. Income, lifestyle, investments. living standards etc have, at best, stagnated and in many cases worsened over the past 20/25 years. They seem to work longer and harder for less money.
The gulf between the have's and have not's is now enormous in US. I read this piece about retail in America and found it very worrying and depressing and you know what happens in US quickly follows on here

Retail Apocalypse: 21 big retailers closing stores in 2017 | Fox Business

Wagmore

Say what you like but Project Veritas have scored numerous direct hits against Libloons with expertly devised, facially-targeted egg splatter. Who can forget CNN contribubot Van Jones description of the Russian collusion delusion as a "nothingburger." Easy to see why usual suspects would be overquick to condemn

RasherHash

Most middle class Irish Americans, certainly blue collar workers, seem to be deeply disillusioned with politics and the political establishment. Income, lifestyle, investments. living standards etc have, at best, stagnated and in many cases worsened over the past 20/25 years. They seem to work longer and harder for less money.
The gulf between the have's and have not's is now enormous in US. I read this piece about retail in America and found it very worrying and depressing and you know what happens in US quickly follows on here

Retail Apocalypse: 21 big retailers closing stores in 2017 | Fox Business
Whose watch did this happen under, the maga orange buffoned fool, or the nice guy, suave sophisticated Obama :confused:

The gulf between rich and poor widened under Obama, the same guy who, his supporters like to forget, dropped 26,000 bombs on poor brown folks in his final year alone.

Wagmore

Nothing fake either about what Project Veritas exposed about Planned Parenthood and their harvesting for sale of foetal body parts.Again, easy to see why secular psychopaths would like to dismiss them as fake

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies