A threat to the Public - but we are not to be told who it is - Daft or What?

Catalpast

A threat to the Public - but we are not to be told who it is - Daft or What?

A TEENAGER described by a judge as “a risk to the public at large” skipped court today after he dodged custody earlier in the week when the State’s main juvenile detention centre was full.

The 16-year-old boy had appeared before the Dublin Children’s Court on Wednesday charged over vicious drug fuelled raids at two corner shops in which staff members were attacked and beaten with a pole and a glass bottle.

This young gentleman has now gone AWOL

He is deemed a "a risk to himself, a risk to his mother and a risk to the public at large".

- but we cannot be told who he is because

Judge O’Connor said the teenage boy, who cannot be named because he is a minor, was a complete threat to the public, a threat to himself and his mother could not cope.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/teen-described-by-judge-as-risk-to-public-and-his-mother-skips-court-after-dodging-custody-36583316.html

Surely it is time for the Law to be changed so that where there is an immediate threat to the Public the name of a suspect can be released?

More PC gone Mad IMO!

che schifo

Maybe the scandal is, how was the teen allowed to get to such a serious state in the first place, and having got there, that we don't have adequate facilities to deal with him.

Catalpast

Maybe the scandal is, how was the teen allowed to get to such a serious state in the first place, and having got there, that we don't have adequate facilities to deal with him.
Because the Liberal Agenda treats Crime as a Sociological Problem

- and not as a result of a criminal's personal actions

Dame_Enda

Do you know more about the case than we do Catalpast?

I have mixed feelings. I think some young people fall in with a bad crowd, sometimes due to intergenerational crime in a family (including some of the crime gangs we hear of daily), or have hereditary mental health issues. At 16 I think theres a case for not markng him for life with the reputational stain that may only be an adolescent phase. But the case does remind us that govt policy of ending incarceration of criminal 'children' up to the age of 17 is perhaps unhelpful as a deterrent.

Catalpast

Do you know more about the case than we do Catalpast?
NO

Which in a way is the whole point

You or I would be oblivious to the fact that this violent individual is in our midst and a threat to ourselves, family and neighbours

Obviously his 'right' to operate incognito /I]

- trumps our Right to be protected by the Force of Law

odlum

Fianna Fáil is the Law and Order party and won't let little thugs like this run riot.

SHAME on this "government".

Dame_Enda

Fianna Fáil is the Law and Order party and won't let little thugs like this run riot.

I dont recall it being any better under FF. The underlying problem is that the politicians knowingly appoint judges who are soft on crime and it didnt start with this govt.

odlum

I dont recall it being any better under FF. The underlying problem is that the politicians knowingly appoint judges who are soft on crime and it didnt start with this govt.
Stop dodging the issue. Willie O'Dea - JUSTICE Minister. He's the man we need at this point. The scum are out of control.

mr_anderson

What if this kid spun out of control after his dad went bust following the property boom your party stoked ?

mr_anderson

He is deemed a "a risk to himself, a risk to his mother and a risk to the public at large".
If he's a risk to the public, then he should be named and his photo shared.
A 16 year old can kill and harm just as easily as a 36 year old.
Anonymity is a great idea, but not when it's concealing an actual threat.

Watcher2

Drugs have beaten authorities everywhere. I'm not excusing our deplorable system but in this case, I'm not sure there is anything we can do as the war on drugs was lost before it started. You could argue the politics of the thing and it's my belief the US could do halt the supply of drugs quite easily. Their intelligence and resources could easily wipe out supply before it even gets into the US but the politics (and money) get in the way.

It's a personal view, but there ya go.

Gin Soaked

If he's a risk to the public, then he should be named and his photo shared.
A 16 year old can kill and harm just as easily as a 36 year old.
Anonymity is a great idea, but not when it's concealing an actual threat.
Mixed feelings on this. He sounds completely out of control. It would be great if rehab was possible, but some people are just beyond this. Suggest 10 years of containment and see if his brain develops fully. Boys are work in progress until 25 at best.

How long has he had the drug problem?

There is a point where the public need outstrips child protection. At 16 and with this MO. we are into that space.

Mind you, we have chavs with 100 convictions allowed to be "fathers". So we have a high tolerance for a$$holes.

Scitlipo

Stop dodging the issue. Willie O'Dea - JUSTICE Minister. He's the man we need at this point. The scum are out of control.
Really? Have you looked into Willie's backyard of sprawling estates with rampant drug dealing and murderous feuding? What exactly is he going to do or what has he done?

odlum

Really? Have you looked into Willie's backyard of sprawling estates with rampant drug dealing and murderous feuding? What exactly is he going to do or what has he done?
It was Willie and FF (but primarily Willie who cleaned the streets) who wiped out the gangs , NOT FG.

NOT FG!

Catalpast

Horrific case here from the UK

Man beaten to death in his own home

Staffordshire Police have issued the names and photos of two chief suspects they wish to interview in connection with this

One is 17 years old

If the same were to happen here it would be impossible for AGS to do that

The Law here urgently needs to changed ASAP!

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Arthur Gumbley died after he was punched, kicked and found in a pool of blood
Police are hunting Jimmy Michael Connors, 28, and Tom Joseph Ward, 17
The raiders fled with jewellery and a purse belonging to Mr Gumbley's late wife

Read more: Police hunt murder suspects after 87-year-old's death | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder where they are now?

The Preacher

At least they're not in Government, unless of course your buttering up of the Shinners pays off after the next election.

Socratus O' Pericles

Another day, another outraged Dublin 15 thread.....,,

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies