• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

A tribute to Pat Finucane's courage

death or glory

No it’s not obvious.
The RUC/PSNI have consistently stated that it is not their belief that Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA.
Jack Hermon never stated that Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA, he used weasel words like “associated with” because Finucane knew and acted for members of the IRA. He also acted for Loyalist paramilitaries; was he associated with them?
Hermon was terrified that Finucane would re-open the ‘shoot to kill’ cases from the early 1980’s which had Hermon’s fingerprints all over them, so he had Finucane murdered and then blackened his name afterwards in the hope that his murder would be glossed over.
How’s that working out?
Clutching at straws now son.
The chief constable had him murdered, that is just silly.
By the way, the same rubbish that he represented loyalists. Maybe then it was just a disgruntled client that killed him.

Buchaill Dana

I'm sorry the Ra never released its membership details.
It was obvious what the chief constable was saying. If it was proved in court he carried messages and helped he would have been charged with IRA membership.
Obvious to you, trying to justify your government bumping off lawyers after the fact.

How do you square this shite with the fact he had loyalists on his client list?

Paddyc

Yes they did.
Finucane family said they would take him to court, they didn't.
What did the Chief Constable mean when he said he was an associate of the IRA and carried messages for them.
Magennis was a major in the UDR in Fermanagh until 1981. What briefings do you think he received about the IRA in Belfast?

Even a moron like you has to know that Magennis could say whatever he liked abut Pat Finucane after he was murdered because you can’t libel the dead. He would also be able to claim parliamentary privelige for anything said at Westminster.

They sued because he referred to Finucane having an IRA family which they took as a reference to them but which Magennis claimed and the court agreed was a reference to his family of origin which included IRA volunteers,
Nothing he said about Pat Finucane stood up in a court of law.
Not a scintilla of evidence has ever been produced to support any claim that Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA.
Must try harder.

Paddyc

Clutching at straws now son.
The chief constable had him murdered, that is just silly.
By the way, the same rubbish that he represented loyalists. Maybe then it was just a disgruntled client that killed him.
The UDA/UFF said they killed the 38-year-old solicitor because he was a high-ranking officer in the IRA, but police at his inquest said they had no evidence to support that.

An RUC officer was once reported to have told a client: "You will not be having Mr Finucane as a solicitor much longer."
Now why do you think RUC Special Branch policemen knew that? Was it because it was common knowledge that Black Jack wanted him dead?

death or glory

Obvious to you, trying to justify your government bumping off lawyers after the fact.

How do you square this shite with the fact he had loyalists on his client list?
Why would the government want to bump of a n ordinary human rights lawyer.
Youse are very quick to mention the so-called Glenanne gang as terrorists when you have no proof on them.
The chief constable knew he was in the Ra, Ken Magennis knew it, the dogs in the street knew he was a Ra head.

Paddyc

Why would the government want to bump of a n ordinary human rights lawyer.
Youse are very quick to mention the so-called Glenanne gang as terrorists when you have no proof on them.
The chief constable knew he was in the Ra, Ken Magennis knew it, the dogs in the street knew he was a Ra head.
They had him murdered because he was too good at his job, was getting too many alleged IRA men off, was representing his clients too effectively at applications for inquests and was getting too close to Black Jack Hermon.
What part of “police at his inquest said they had no evidence to support that” do you fail to understand?

Do you not think that if they had anything to plausibly connect Pat Finucane to the IRA that they would have disclosed it long before now to make the clamour for an international inquiry go away?

Oh by the way, I’m pretty sure the Glennane gang were terrorists because a few of them were killed by their own bomb and the rest did time for terrorist offenses . How much more proof do you need?

death or glory

There is no evidence Pat Finucane was ever in the IRA, but it is a known fact that he was murdered.

Any more posts in here which flirt with justifying his murder will result in warnings and deletions.
What a blatant example of political bias.

You are now not allowed to state the truth in this thread because a nationalist moderator has decided there is no evidence even though the chief constable at the time alluded to it and the dogs on the street knew it.
This is meant to be a political debate site, the above post came yet I had no posts deleted or reported before this( one immediately after for stating the truth and not adhering to staff instructions).

Disgrace, DIsgrace, Disgrace the moderation team should be ashamed of this decision and maybe could explain it.

Paddyc

You are now not allowed to state the truth in this thread because a nationalist moderator has decided there is no evidence even though the chief constable at the time alluded to it and the dogs on the street knew it.
This is meant to be a political debate site, the above post came yet I had no posts deleted or reported before this( one immediately after for stating the truth and not adhering to staff instructions).

Disgrace, DIsgrace, Disgrace the moderation team should be ashamed of this decision and maybe could explain it.
Hint: an allusion is not evidence. Remember, Black Jack Hermon could have said anything he liked about Pat Finucane; Finucane was dead and the dead couldn’t sue, but he didn’t.
Guess why: because then he’d have to back it up and he couldn’t. That’s why he used weasel words to taint the character of a man his Special Branch had murdered.
That’s your State, that’s your police force and that’s why neither exist in their then current form. Neither was fit for purpose.

By the way, one more time for the hard of understanding; ‘the dogs on the street knew’ is not evidence. When was the last time you saw ‘the dogs on the street’ giving testimony in a court of law?

death or glory

Hint: an allusion is not evidence. Remember, Black Jack Hermon could have said anything he liked about Pat Finucane; Finucane was dead and the dead couldn’t sue, but he didn’t.
Guess why: because then he’d have to back it up and he couldn’t. That’s why he used weasel words to taint the character of a man his Special Branch had murdered.
That’s your State, that’s your police force and that’s why neither exist in their then current form. Neither was fit for purpose.

By the way, one more time for the hard of understanding; ‘the dogs on the street knew’ is not evidence. When was the last time you saw ‘the dogs on the street’ giving testimony in a court of law?
Whereas you can alledge the then chief constable who is now also dead had him murdered without fear of infaction and it obviously absolute balderdash.

Buchaill Dana

If its allusion and rumour, its not truth....

Paddyc

Whereas you can alledge the then chief constable who is now also dead had him murdered without fear of infaction and it obviously absolute balderdash.
I can point to a bunch of RUC special branch, MI5, the FRU and the consistent stonewalling by the British Government.

You, on the other hand have crazy Ken Magennis, the homophobic road rager and Black Jack (who never said the Pat Finucane was a member of the IRA) Hermon who now sings with the choir invisible.

between the bridges

Yes, a smear is exactly what it is.

Thank you.
The thing is no one on here can actually say what he was or wasn't himself, however given the family background and activities if he had been from the other side of the fence the IRA would had legitimatized attacking him.
I don't as I don't accept any of the terrorist organizations claims of legitimate targets...

Strawberry

The thing is no one on here can actually say what he was or wasn't himself, however given the family background and activities if he had been from the other side of the fence the IRA would had legitimatized attacking him.
I don't as I don't accept any of the terrorist organizations claims of legitimate targets...
Not do I, but the people who are repeating post humous rumours about Finucane are doing so to justify his murder.

AhNowStop

There is no evidence Pat Finucane was ever in the IRA, but it is a known fact that he was murdered.

Any more posts in here which flirt with justifying his murder will result in warnings and deletions.
Thank you ... the lying bigoted troll in question is constantly throwing about disgraceful justifications for the murder of innocents .... it’s about time he was pulled up for it

death or glory

Not do I, but the people who are repeating post humous rumours about Finucane are doing so to justify his murder.
That is lies.
Where did I attempt to justify his murder.
I can stand over anything I posted.
Yours was just political bias.

between the bridges

They may be, thats up to them, however there are those on here who daily use the paper thin ' legitimate' card to justify thousand+ of troubles murders, and strangely enough it doesn't raise your or many other hackles...

between the bridges

Thank you ... the lying bigoted troll in question is constantly throwing about disgraceful justifications for the murder of innocents .... it’s about time he was pulled up for it
Here horse did ye votail for the convicted terrorist bomber...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies