• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

-V-Aeneid

I didn't think this belonged in History or Events, but if the Mod Team thinks there is a better sub-forum for this, please excuse my error.

It seems some folks that catch and train Saint Nicks' primary transport animals found themselves one very, very old bear in excellent condition and I suspect we ought to pay attention to what the science folks might learn from studying this flesh from the past.

recedite

Very interesting.
As it says there...
Recent years have seen major discoveries of mammoths, woolly rhinos, Ice Age foal, several puppies and Cave Lion cubs as the permafrost melts in Siberia.
There is a (slight) possibility of resurrecting (more or less) these megabeasts in the future using the DNA from the preserved bodies and injecting it into the live ova of modern living relatives.

BTW the bear skeletons found in Irish caves would mostly be brown polar bears as opposed to these type of cave bears.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom