• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

A vote against the Treaty of Lisbon is a vote against a United Ireland

mrmicra

Title_7_Solidarity_Clause_Article_188R said:
The Union and its Member States shall act jointly in a spirit of solidarity if a Member State is the object of a terrorist attack or the victim of a natural or man-made disaster. The Union shall mobilise all the instruments at its disposal, including the military resources made available by the Member States,
to:
(a) — prevent the terrorist threat in the territory of the Member States;
— protect democratic institutions and the civilian population from any terrorist attack;
— assist a Member State in its territory, at the request of its political authorities, in the event of a terrorist attack;
One of the core reasons given that an United Ireland is impossible is the inability of the republic of Ireland effectively to control the risk of terrorist attacks by loyalist paramilitarys.
Whether or not this lack of ability is in fact true doesn't the clause above blow it out of the water.

Lisbon will allow Ireland to call on the French, Germans and Poles, for example, to assist in controlling post unification civil disturbance. It will make it possible for other member states to assist us if we need assistance.

The potential benefit for this country is far greater than the potential risk.

A vote against the Treaty is a vote for partition.
A vote against Lisbon is treasonous.

Wakeupcall

Vote against the treaty in order the have an Ireland to unite in the first goddam place!

The Caped Cod

Wasn't inviting foreign armies into Ireland to do our dirty work what got us into this mess in the first place.

Maybe then history will record that 'the French, Germans and Poles became more Irish than the Irish themselves.'

mrmicra

So I take it that none of you want a United Ireland anyway. Treasonous partitionist swine.

Factorem

Voting No in the Lisbon Treaty will lower your carbon footprint by 25%.

The Caped Cod

So I take it that none of you want a United Ireland anyway. Treasonous partitionist swine.
Reread the posts. Nobody wants to vote Yes so you can believe that Ireland can be united

new jewell

A united Ireland without unionist/loyalist agreement is not a united Ireland.VOTE NO.

The Caped Cod

Everytime you vote yes to Lisbon, an angel gets it's wings.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Such nonsense. The only thing that will bring about a UI will be a majority North and South voting for it. Lisbon would copperfasten the failed economic policies that have made a UI unaffordable at present, namely: the importation of cheap labour (Paragraph 15.1 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights allowing asylum seekers to work and Paragraph 7 of the referendum legislation allowing the govt to agree to QMV on immigration and asylum by surrendering the Protocol on Justice and Freedom, as well as joining the passport-free Schengen Area). The ECB is also responsible for the recession through pro-cyclical interest rates imposed on Ireland in the interests of the Franco-Germany economies.

Aindriu

Wasn't inviting foreign armies into Ireland to do our dirty work what got us into this mess in the first place.[/I]
Absolutely! It was those damn Normans being invited here by us that kicked it all off. What are Normans? french! What is Sarkozy? French! I rest my case. :D

The Caped Cod

Absolutely! It was those damn Normans being invited here by us that kicked it all off. What are Normans? french! What is Sarkozy? French! I rest my case. :D
Actaully he's of Hungarian descent. His actual name is de Nicolas Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa. Nagy-Bocsa is apperently some little place out in Hungary where his grand father or great grand father got a little title from the Austro-Hungarian emperor for fighting a battle with the Turks.
Dirty foreigner!

CookieMonster

Shame the people of Norther Ireland don't get to have a vote on Lisbon then, isn't it.

The Caped Cod

Shame the people of Norther Ireland don't get to have a vote on Lisbon then, isn't it.
Or any body else for that matter. Of course I'm not counting the 3 test runs.

mrmicra

A united Ireland without unionist/loyalist agreement is not a united Ireland.VOTE NO.
I'd prefer an agreed Ireland but I'll take 50%+1 and the Bundeswehr on the Shankill road. That you would rather roll in the filth and dung of English propaganda than do what is right for Ireland speaks volumes.

mrmicra

So serving UKIP is more important to you than uniting Ireland. England has always had her Irish lackeys.

I hope like Piggott you are at least being paid.

Popular Threads

Most Replies