Abolish The Old Age Pension

tralee1

I'm fed up of listening to people talking about what little money they get,OAP have had longer to work,to earn and to save so thay should get nothing

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
While we're at it, we should abolish all student grants and make them pay the full price of their education.
Oh, and we should slash the amount of infrastructural funding Kerry receives due to John O'Donoghue's corruption to nothing. Those boggers have had way too much already.
:roll:
You might want to think that the people whose pittance you'd like to rob were the same people paying horrendous levels of income tax in the 70s and 80s so that you could enjoy your Celtic Tiger cub existence.
I hope when you are old that your relatives are as selfish as you. Then they'll throw you in a nusring home where foreign staff will abuse you, while they sell your home.

Pax

tralee1 said:
I'm fed up of listening to people talking about what little money they get,OAP have had longer to work,to earn and to save so thay should get nothing
Is this a YFG policy proposal for the caring coalition? Or a Young Tory posting via a time warp from the 19th Century? If the latter here's some bad news in advance.... Attlee will make you cry.

qtman

Pax said:
tralee1 said:
Is this a YFG policy proposal for the caring coalition? Or a Young Tory posting via a time warp from the 19th Century? If the latter here's some bad news in advance.... Attlee will make you cry.
Has tralee1 alluded to membership of YFG somewhere?

I'm not trying to defend YFG, or tralee1. I'd just like to know if these types of views are common currency in YFG.

agora

Website
www.doonesbury.com
qtman said:
Pax said:
tralee1 said:
Has tralee1 alluded to membership of YFG somewhere?

I'm not trying to defend YFG, or tralee1. I'd just like to know if these types of views are common currency in YFG.
Yeah, he's outed himself as an FG member before.

martin TYRONE

doesn't surprise me that it comes from a FGer their ancestors in Cna G cut a shilling off the old age pension under Cosgrave and Ernst Blyth

The OD

tralee1 said:
The mind boggles at the mentality of the above poster.
Another good reason why FG should never, ever get into power again.
Sure why not let 14 year olds buy bottles of smirnoff ice while we're at it?

:x

TheOmbudsman

martin TYRONE said:
doesn't surprise me that it comes from a FGer their ancestors in Cna G cut a shilling off the old age pension under Cosgrave and Ernst Blyth
There might have been financial imperatives in the wake of the war of independence and a republican inspired civil war.
Anyway there's a whole lot more to Ernest Blyth than just cutting the pension.
See here for example:
http://www.lisburn.com/books/historical_society/volume2/volume2_4.html

Worldbystorm

Interesting link. I wonder was he aware of Collins activities regarding the six counties during the Civil War, and if so did he approve?

Steepletone

Twitter
Closed account
Oaps need to take a hit like everybody else, The oap should be cut 7% and the free tv licence should be abolished.

cabledude

Absolutly not. would you like being in a position where you worked all your life and didn't have an opportunity to pay into a private pension, only to turn 65 and then have no income. Despite paying taxes for the guts of 45 years. Are you on drugs young fella?????

Now on the other side of the coin I do believe it's unfair that all other pensions/state salaries/welfare was cut without any cut in state pensions.

Cut the back. Yes.
Cut them out. NO

Oaps need to take a hit like everybody else, The oap should be cut 7% and the free tv licence should be abolished.
God give you sense. Prices are rising again. Wait until you get there, yourself and then talk. If you're a pensioner, fair enough, it's an opinion; but not every size fits everyone.

On the issue of television licences, perhaps the licence should be abolished altogether, since RTE are the only ones who benefit from it.

Last edited:

CanRonPaulSavetheUS

God give you sense. Prices are rising again. Wait until you get there, yourself and then talk. If you're a pensioner, fair enough, it's an opinion; but not every size fits everyone.

On the issue of television licences, perhaps the licence should be abolished altogether, since RTE are the only ones who benefit from it.
Pensioners have voted for decades for their own destitution via inflation.

I am sorry for them as they now surely face starvation

Desperate Dan

That is the sort of comment I would expect from that part of the country, where your living off the pensions of the people who visit your County for holidays.
Are you not getting your share.

jdaly

Yes, and we could abolish OAPs too, turn them into compost and use them to grow vegatables for experimental purposes. Then there's tralee, what the feck good is it to anyone? Lets get rid of it too, shower of eejits showing us up with their Rose this and Rose that and then we could eliminate all those old jarveys in killarney, their a rses could be sold for leather as they've been sitting on them for years and they are as hard as tralee1's heart. It's tough work getting rid of these things, i'll have a wee one before tralee1 bans it too.

Ó Donnchadha

I hear the same shite here in the US. Lets whack Social Security, meanwhile we are exploding Million dollar bombs in Libya, Yemen and Afghanistan. How about spending some money on the elderly and less on bombing rug heads.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies