• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Abortion: Labour's price for keeping Reilly

Big Brother

So it's official, James Reilly is to stay on as Health Minister

Crisis-prone Reilly to stay as Health Minister - National News - Independent.ie

And this comes a day after he said on RTE Radio (six O'Clock news) that he'll introduce legislation on abortion before the end of January.

With speed of King Herod, Labour have used the christmas period to target the unborn and they have imho leveraged Reilly's difficulties - which I wouldn't be surprised to hear if their spinmeisters had engineered - into presenting FG with an option: Legalise abortion or Reilly goes.

Labour know Reilly is instrumental to Kenny. Reilly supported Kenny in the heave. And he is politically indispensable. He is also crucial to what FG want to achieve in health.

So they have played a blinder.

Reilly's appointment of former abortion rights campaigner Tony O'Brien to head the HSE and the HSE's subsequent choice of Dr. Arulkumaran - who has spoken openly of the need to legalise abortion in Ireland

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.

Analyzer

Gimmemore has lost the plot, if this is true.

Tough Paddy

And this comes a day after he said on RTE Radio (six O'Clock news) that he'll introduce legislation on abortion before the end of January.

With speed of King Herod, Labour have used the christmas period to target the unborn and they have imho leveraged Reilly's difficulties - which I wouldn't be surprised to hear if their spinmeisters had engineered - into presenting FG with an option: Legalise abortion or Reilly goes.

Labour know Reilly is instrumental to Kenny. Reilly supported Kenny in the heave. And he is politically indispensable. He is also crucial to what FG want to achieve in health.

Reilly's appointment of former abortion rights campaigner Tony O'Brien to head the HSE and the HSE's subsequent choice of Dr. Arulkumaran - who has spoken openly of the need to legalise abortion in Ireland

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
Ah yes, if it says it in the Indo, it's official and true! Mother of God! :roll:

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
(1) Reilly is not indispensible.
(2) Reilly himself is leading the move to legislate for women's health.

Other than those 2 fatal flaws, nice theory.

Big Brother

Gimmemore has lost the plot, if this is true.

Not if you consider where Labour are comingn from now.

There priorities aren't getting re-elected. Just ensuring 5 years in gov't to protect the croke park deal and legalise abortion.

That is all they care about. They will sacrifice the child benefit/carers allowance/young nurses on low salaries/medical card holders....all with be thrown by the wayside to protect their union buddies and ensure that unborn children can be legally killed.

THe modern left stopped caring about ordinary people long ago

Red_93

Ah Jesus would ya shut it ya paranoid lump.

Abortion would have been legislated for regardless of who was in govt. The Savita case, public opinion on the matter and the Supreme Court ruling in the x case would have ensured that.

Big Brother

Abortion would have been legislated for regardless of who was in govt. The Savita case, public opinion on the matter and the Supreme Court ruling in the x case would have ensured that.
As every competent expert agrees there is no evidence Savita died of anything other than sepsis.

She just happend to be pregnant

The fact that Reilly wants to legalise abortion before the results of her inquiry are published proves that something rotten is going on.

They know when that inquiry comes out there will be no basis for legalisign abortion.

But as Conor Brady admitted in the Irish Times last week we wouldn't be here but for the Savita story.

It is typical Labour tactics: Whip up a chimera of media frenzy, use it to stampede government into action but surpress any facts that might contradict the need for what you are about to do.

Disillusioned democrat

To be honest we'd all be asking "what Savita case?" if it wasn't for Ivana Bacik hijacking the unfortunate event. I'd say there's something to the OP.

Tough Paddy

Shhhhh... there's nothing to get the P.ie posters going like a thread tittle with "abortion" in it and "James Reilly" tagged on at the end off it for good measure, as is the OP's intention! It's like the proverbial rocket up the backside of P.ie posters and watch this thread take off!

All too off the back of an Indo article! :roll: :lol:

Porkypie

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
Coincidence? The same conclusion was reached at a meeting I and many disgruntled Labour voters attended not an hour ago.

sic transit

Abortion: Only With Labour(pun intended) doesn't strike me as any kind of reason to vote for any party. Does the OP really think that this is all people obsess about if they vote Labour?

Analyzer

I disagree with the premise in the OP that the Looper Party are upset with Reilly.

They want to create the perception that they are upset with Reilly.

But really Gimmemore has no problem with Dicey.

As evidenced by the resolve and conviction that they applied to shafting Shortall.

The Indo is giving the Looper a PR boost because the Indo hates SF, and because the Indo is hoping for favours from Bunny concerning Malteser's attempts to take over INM.

sic transit

Coincidence? The same conclusion was reached at a meeting I and many disgruntled Labour voters attended not an hour ago.
Did anyone ever explain to you and the rest of the not so gruntled what happens when a coalition is formed?

sic transit

I disagree with the premise in the OP that the Looper Party are upset with Reilly.

They want to create the perception that they are upset with Reilly.

But really Gimmemore has no problem with Dicey.

As evidenced by the resolve and conviction that they applied to shafting Shortall.

The Indo is giving the Looper a PR boost because the Indo hates SF, and because the Indo is hoping for favours from Bunny concerning Malteser's attempts to take over INM.
Well it's the double whammy much beloved by the Indo. Reilly and "trouble in mill" in Labour all in one fairly flimsy piece.

Red_93

Abortion: Only With Labour(pun intended) doesn't strike me as any kind of reason to vote for any party. Does the OP really think that this is all people obsess about if they vote Labour?
The OP is a well known conspiracy theorist who obsesses about the labour party and abortion.

bactrian

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
Never let reality intrude where a conspiracy theory will work.

Half Nelson

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
Most of this is common knowledge.
Labour entered coalition with FF "to pursue the liberal agenda" and their aims still remain the same. The interests of the little people are a dispensable sideline.

FG has sold its soul and Labour has bought it.

LamportsEdge

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
Eh, eh, eh ... point of order there Mr Chairman Big Brother, sorr. 'King Herod' did no such thing as 'target the unborn'. The historical events you refer to did not actually happen. The census referred to in the nativity story, I would remind the House, only referred to Roman Citizens. Apart also from the chronological impossibility of the event you referred to as 'Herod' wasn't around to 'target the unborn' in the period to which you refer.

Other than that I would concur with James O'Reilly being a bit of a bollix but I'm prepared to be patient with him if he gets on with the proposed (and required) legislation.

And now, with the advice of Winston Churchill on public speaking ringing in my inner ear I shall be brief, be sincere, and be seated.

Radix

Toxic has a thread running about not voting for Labour or SF. Add FG to that list!

Soon people will be so píssed off they'll have no one to vote for.

Kenny used to talk about Dick Roche being the nastiest bit of work in tbe house. Reilly is FG's Roche in a different kind of nasty way.

Watch the Party dividing into the nice people and the nasty people of neck.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies