• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Abortion to become legal in the Six Counties?

ArtyQueing

Looks like the Labour MP Diane Abbott is proposing an amendment to a bill which will extend the 1967 act to Ireland. This is directly against the majority of people here.

I wonder if this will cause a problem with unionists.

garlandgreen

ArtyQueing said:
Looks like the Labour MP Diane Abbott is proposing an amendment to a bill which will extend the 1967 act to Ireland. This is directly against the majority of people here.

"Here" being where?

Universal_001

So it's a bus trip instead of a boat trip now? Slightly less bother...

gako

ArtyQueing said:

I suppose if the stormont boys agree another trade off, a solution can be found. I think the DUP in a trade off with Sinn Fein will win the day on this issue.
The DUP seems more involved in the abortion debate, a bigger axe to grind on this issue, than Sinn Fein. Then the sinners will get something back in return. Securing a joint opposition to the bill amendment in the north, has more leverge at westminister( for the good of peace etc etc etc). And better for all them unborn children. I remember reading that the couples who can not have children,in the north, and who would adopt but cant because of not enough babies, outways those killed in the whomb. Why do women not have the children , and have them adopted? Maybe i am being niave?

cgcsb

Yes I never understood why they can't put the baby up for adoption instead of murdering it and giving it a nicer name "abortion". I suppose it's the same as when some people murder their spouses instead of getting a divorce

Universal_001

cgcsb said:
Yes I never understood why they can't put the baby up for adoption instead of murdering it and giving it a nicer name "abortion". I suppose it's the same as when some people murder their spouses instead of getting a divorce
For those people with spouses up to 12 weeks old who are inside their bodies and not yet separate persons capable of living outside them. ;)

Aggressor

Universal_001 said:
For those people with spouses up to 12 weeks old who are inside their bodies and not yet separate persons capable of living outside them. ;)
What about a wife in a hospital bed on a life support system? What about a conjoined twin who's pissing you off?

Universal_001

Aggressor said:
Universal_001 said:
What about a wife in a hospital bed on a life support system? What about a conjoined twin who's pissing you off?
They're separate human beings....

Aggressor

Universal_001 said:
You're putting a lot of emphasis on the word sepatate. Why should separate make any difference? There may be some medical situations where providing proper care for both is a problem because of the relationship between mother and child, but that of course is not what the British 1967 Abortion Act is about. There are only two questions that civilized people need to ask in relation to abortion - Is what is there during pregnancy human and is it alive?

Talk of the child not being separate and viable being grounds for abortion is spurious.

Universal_001

Aggressor said:
Universal_001 said:
You're putting a lot of emphasis on the word sepatate. Why should separate make any difference? There may be some medical situations where providing proper care for both is a problem because of the relationship between mother and child, but that of course is not what the British 1967 Abortion Act is about. There are only two questions that civilized people need to ask in relation to abortion - Is what is there during pregnancy human and is it alive?

Talk of the child not being separate and viable being grounds for abortion is spurious.
Agressor, a plant is alive.
The question to me is at one point is it viable as a separate being.

Universal_001

Aggressor said:
Universal_001 said:
Agressor, a plant is alive.
The question to me is at one point is it viable as a separate being.
That answer tells a lot. The plant, of course, in not human. The other arguments, as I said, are spurious.
It's a DEVELOPING human, not a fully developed separate human, but something that has the potential to be a person, if you want to save everything that has the potential to be a person, jerking off should be illegal.

Universal_001

Aggressor said:
Indeed, but it is an accurate observation.
If you want the standard of your argument to be "well your a big stupid head" fair enough.

cgcsb

it is of course alive and of course a human being. If a person is dissabled and cannot move, are the not a human? as with the jerking off comment, sperm are 23 chromosome non living things, that do mot have the potential to be human without a 23 chromosome ova. However termination of a 46 chromosone Zygote after it has imbeded itself in the lining of the Uterus is termination of a living, growing, moving individual

Popular Threads

Most Replies