Absolutely outrageous-Non-Irish person refusing to vacate Apollo house

sport02

Just home from work and turn on the RTÉ Six One News and I hear one person is refusing to leave Apollo house holding up everything.
Efforts are being made to facilitie his needs.

This is outrageous and sends out an awful message that non-Irish homeless and pick and choose, what does he want? The Ritz?

Efforts should be made to pay for his airfare ticket to return home to his own country.
We have enough native homeless here without having to pander to the non-Irish homeless.

Apollo House occupation: One resident remains inside the building

derryman

Just home from work and turn on the RTÉ Six One News and I hear one person is refusing to leave Apollo house holding up everything.
Efforts are being made to facilitie his needs.

This is outrageous and sends out an awful message that non-Irish homeless and pick and choose, what does he/she want? The Ritz?

Efforts should be made to pay for his airfare ticket to return home to his/her own country.
We have enough native homeless here without having to pander to the non-Irish homeless.

Apollo House occupation: One resident remains inside the building
Only RTE radio they said it was " a person from outside the country " who wouldn't leave.
Now that's a neat trick.

Analyzer

Move him to Montrose where he can hang around with other welfare recipients who threaten to leave but never do.

Mushroom

Maybe it's Apollo himself, come down from the Elysian Fields to reclaim the House named in His honour.

Fullforward

Move him to that kip up in Drumcondra where they train Priests,that must be empty now.

O

Oscurito

Non-Irish? :shock:

I think a pogrom is in order,

I'll be on the 7pm bus.

midlander12

It would be interesting to have a nationality breakdown of the housing list. I'm taking it such a thing doesn't exist. I would then like to hear the homeless campaigners and their political allies, who get virtually unrestricted and uncritical airtime on RTE, explain why the Irish taxpayer is somehow obliged to house vast numbers of EU and non-EU nationals, most of whom have little or no connection with this country or in many cases have probably never paid a cent tax here. Needless to say, I'm joking - that question will never, ever be asked!!

Northsideman

Clanrickard

sic transit

Hans Von Horn

Where is this non Irish person from?
What is their immigration status?

PeaceGoalie

Move him to that kip up in Drumcondra where they train Priests,that must be empty now.
Move him into 44 Parnell Square with other vermin or,m better still, into one of the Council houses where their supporters and members live. One remembers the Sinn Fein tool being pulled up over the homeless and it being pointed out to him that he could house his own brother. Is Dessie Ellis still in a Corpo house? From prison cell to Corpo house. Never out of pocket or out of breath to lecture and ponce.

If the foreigner has a cheek, I do not blame him. rather I would blame his barrister, the infamous Michael Lynn, as well as the opportunistic riff raff who support these junkies.

Barroso

It would be interesting to have a nationality breakdown of the housing list. I'm taking it such a thing doesn't exist. I would then like to hear the homeless campaigners and their political allies, who get virtually unrestricted and uncritical airtime on RTE, explain why the Irish taxpayer is somehow obliged to house vast numbers of EU and non-EU nationals, most of whom have little or no connection with this country or in many cases have probably never paid a cent tax here. Needless to say, I'm joking - that question will never, ever be asked!!
I couldn't agree more.
We should do what they do to Paddies over in London.
It's well known that they let Paddy sleep under their bridges there.
If it's good enough for Paddy in London, it should be good enough for johnny foreigner in Ireland, too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies