Accenture to create 100 new Dublin jobs

alonso

alonso

Over the next 4 years though... and they already employ 1300

Tiocfaidh_Armani

Good news on politics.ie, it'll never last!

Disillusioned democrat

Funny time to announce this....25 jobs a year for 4 years - wahhey - surely that's a corner turned!!!!

Mark Ryan of Accenture is Eoin Ryan's brother and real FF family (neice a DCC councillor I think - or was). Maybe it's the ABFF in me, but this isn't really news, it's just FF looking for some soundbytes so gobsh1tes like Barry Andrews can throw in little tidbits when he uses words like "work force migration" to describe emigration and "de-energisation" to talk about being cut off by the ESB.

alonso

alonso

btr, that actually wasn't my initial point - it was more like why wasn't it reported. But it seems it's not true

hammer

100 jobs over 4 years is great news.

Unfortunately 2 extra jobs a month does not eat into the 238 that are losing their jobs every day.

And if corporation tax rate is 12.5% and Accenture is a profitable multinational, why do we need to subsidise these jobs with exchequer money ?

Waste :(

hammer

If Ireland is regaining its competiveness. If Corporation tax rate should a "pull", if the economy is set to grow, if you are a highly profitable multinational why do you need a grant to employ an extra 2 people a month :)

Verhofstadt

Website
If Ireland is regaining its competiveness. If Corporation tax rate should a "pull", if the economy is set to grow, if you are a highly profitable multinational why do you need a grant to employ an extra 2 people a month :)
Providing state subsidies to a professional services company who does a large volume of it's business with state and semi-state bodies is a bit of a funny one..

(I don't the exact split between it's private and public sector client list but if you throw the banks into the "public" side along with all the semi-states I would be amazed if it the public side didn't account for at least 60% of their business in Ireland over the past few years)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies