Acid Attack on woman in South Dublin may leave her blind

Shpake

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-seriously-injured-in-acid-attack-in-blackrock-1.3315020

Sigh.... only a matter of time before this sort of thing started here.

Not much info from the Gardai except to say that the suspect was heav-set and wore black clothes and they are hoping for more info from drivers with possible dash-cam footage to help them.

I guess that the best source of information available would be from the woman herself.

The sparsity of background information given is unsettling. Was the victim from a Middle-East background? Don't ask me. Was it a family affair? Just no information. What was her dress mode -- Well it's December now and kind of brisk weather.

A shame this sort of attack has reached Ireland. Course in London it's reached epidemic proportions. And many or a majority of the victims are Male.

Should someone splash some liquid in your face or arms etc. rinse yourself with water at the soonest possible opportunity. Do it thoroughly.
I wonder would using pee do any good ? I'm no expert.

artfoley56

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-seriously-injured-in-acid-attack-in-blackrock-1.3315020

Not much info from the Gardai except to say that the suspect was heav-set and wore black clothes and they are hoping for more info from drivers with possible dash-cam footage to help them.

I guess that the best source of information available would be from the woman herself.

The sparsity of background information given is unsettling. Was the victim from a Middle-East background? Don't ask me. Was it a family affair? Just no information. What was her dress mode -- Well it's December now and kind of brisk weather.

A shame this sort of attack has reached Ireland. Course in London it's reached epidemic proportions. And many or a majority of the victims are Male.

Should someone splash some liquid in your face or arms etc. rinse yourself with water at the soonest possible opportunity. Do it thoroughly.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/woman-left-with-life-changing-injuries-after-acid-attack-in-south-dublin-36377168.html

"The incident occurred after the woman - a Chinese national - left her place of work shortly after 10pm on Friday night."

silverharp

elsewhere they said the victim was Chinese, whoever did it I hope they are caught and hopefully it wasn't random or a robbery

ShoutingIsLeadership

Shpake

My deepest sympathy to the poor unfortunate woman.

The sociologists say that in most or in many cases that the attacker is known to the victim.
From your source:
A source close to the investigation said the victim's injuries are "life-changing" and gardai fear she may have been left blinded by the assault.
Gardai do not believe this assault was a random attack and are following a definite line of enquiry.
The sad irony is that if she is left blind, she may not be of much use as a witness.

From what I've read, this practice or habit came from the East... India Pakistan ... that part of the world and carried out in many cases in connection with honour-punishments. It took root in London but now it's mostly male on male attacks.

JimmyFoley

Should be a mandatory life sentence for an attack involving acid or the like.

None of this "Oh, he was depressed/had ADHD/suffers from anxiety/was abusing substances" bollix.

tsarbomb

"Woman seriously injured in acid attack in Blackrock"

"‘Caustic substance’ thrown in woman’s face as she walked in south Dublin on Friday"

Can a caustic substance be an acid?

jackdonny9876

Horrifying to see this barbaric crime from the middle east coming to Ireland as it has done to the rest of Europe. London seems to be where Dublin is now heading to. Pray for the victim, that the criminals will be brought to justice and that this will go no farther.

Dame_Enda

There is a Muslim minority in China in Xinjiang province (ethnic Uighurs) and in China-proper (the Hui people). In the UK acid attacks started in the Pakistani community. Is this an Islamist attack? Acid attacks tend to target women and are used by abusive men to control women in patriarchal cultures. It doesn't have a pre existing history in Ireland. While Katie Pipers attacker on the UK was not Muslim it started in the Pakistani community in the UK and unfortunately has spread beyond it.

artfoley56

"Woman seriously injured in acid attack in Blackrock"

Caustic substance’ thrown in woman’s face as she walked in south Dublin on Friday"

Can a caustic substance be an acid?
It's basic science

jackdonny9876

That poor woman. I don't care what gender, nationality, religious ideology whatever excuse the scumbag who did that is, they should be strung up from the nearest tree. The pain that woman is going to have to go through to recover is unimaginable and she will have to live with the scars, physical and mental, for the rest of her life. I honestly believe that a life sentence should be mandatory for anyone convicted of an acid attack.
it should be the death penalty!

Sync

That poor woman. I don't care what gender, nationality, religious ideology whatever excuse the scumbag who did that is, they should be strung up from the nearest tree. The pain that woman is going to have to go through to recover is unimaginable and she will have to live with the scars, physical and mental, for the rest of her life. I honestly believe that a life sentence should be mandatory for anyone convicted of an acid attack.
Absolutely agree. We need draconian sentences for these sort of offences. You bring a weapon to an event and someone who hasn't attacked or threatened you gets killed/almost killed/ permanently disfigured, why shouldn't it be an incredibly long sentence?

As for the "Sparsity of background info", maybe the idiot police want time to investigate and not draw unneeded attention to the victim? You know: To avoid idiots making assumptions about race, religion and motivations?

jackdonny9876

As for the "Sparsity of background info", maybe the idiot police want time to investigate and not draw unneeded attention to the victim? You know: To avoid idiots making assumptions about race, religion and motivations?
Don't be fooling yourself, we all know what type of people are behind this barbaric act

Ottoman

Your sincere and heart-rending compassion for the victim of this horrific attack really shines through in this post.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies