Acid Attack on woman in South Dublin may leave her blind

Shpake

As a woman I wouldn't be in the least surprised. There's a vocal majority who'd like to give the impression that women are a ''sisterhood'' who support each other the reality is that it's a lie, women are much more capable of sinking to vicious lows to get what we want and we have fewer scruples about it than men do, maybe it's a biological thing, I don't know but I do know that the supportive sisterhood thing is BS. Any successful woman knows that you don't pull another woman up the career ladder with you because she'll stick her stiletto heels in your back to get ahead of you.
I'm male myself but I can recall reading some article or account by Margaret Thatcher on her rise to power. What struck me as strange was her disdain for the Women's liberation/equality movement. It was her opinion that any woman could climb the ladder in Britain. One only had to look at her example. But if you look down at the nitty-gritty. Born as the daughter of a grocer, she got into Oxford and studied Chemistry. Dating some young lord got her nowhere as his mother didn't approve. Then she met and married Denis who she first saw in the local conservative constituency party office and he was old money and had the connections. She was able to finance her Law studies then her political career was launched.
But what I found most strange about this is back at the beginning of what I wrote. How she was telling deliberate lies (in my view) that any woman could climb the ladder and crash though the glass ceiling. It would seem to me that she was making her tracks invisible so that the other ambitious girls would go on a false trail.
But that's not quite the same as an acid attack.
Early days yet in the investigation, but what has me puzzled is what would motivate/ persuade a man to take the risk of a very lengthy prison sentence to commit such an awful crime. Love? Money? Sex? Power of personality?

stopdoingstuff

I take it that by ''love triangle'' they mean that some chap was cheating on his wife/partner? I don't know why but when I heard it was a Chinese woman who was the victim of the attack I just assumed that it was a woman behind it. Not that I'm suggesting that's a common thing that Chinese women do, it's just that it has the ring of something very personal about wanting to destroy how someone looks.
It actually is fairly common. I have been nailing Asians for 2 decades and have heard some mad stories.

jcdf

This is a display of the ingenuity of criminals. Make it illegal to carry guns, swords, knives, tasers or any item that can substitute for a weapon like a bat or a crowbar and they innovate and use instead an acidic liquid.

It will be very hard to legislate against a person carrying a specific liquid because many do carry water or a can of coke around with them.

I am waiting for the first murder by drone to occur. Someone to attach an explosive package or other weapon to a drone and fly it remotely to target. It is only a matter of time.

yosef shompeter

This is a display of the ingenuity of criminals. Make it illegal to carry guns, swords, knives, tasers or any item that can substitute for a weapon like a bat or a crowbar and they innovate and use instead an acidic liquid.

It will be very hard to legislate against a person carrying a specific liquid because many do carry water or a can of coke around with them.

I am waiting for the first murder by drone to occur. Someone to attach an explosive package or other weapon to a drone and fly it remotely to target. It is only a matter of time.
Scary. They would have to ban drones then.
They began as a tool of the military... for surveillance. The actual killing was followed up by rockets.
Now they are being used commercially. I suppose your suggestion is the next step and then they'll be regulated somehow.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies