• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Actor Milo O'Shea has died aged 86

Quebecoise

Actor Milo O'Shea has died aged 86:

Acting legend Milo O'Shea has died - RT Ten

Seen him in so many things over the years but I especially liked his performance in the 1967 version of Ulysses. Jospeh Strick's film has lots of faults in it (as anyone would have trying to film Ulysses!) But I thought the Molly Bloom soliloquy was filmed particular well. When my mother went to see it in the '60's, she said that the women had to sit on one side of the cinema, and the men had to sit on the other. Anyone know if that's true?

[video=youtube;B2BP_I6kuOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2BP_I6kuOw[/video]

FloatingVoterTralee

He also famously, if inadvertently, gave Duran Duran their band name with arguably his most renowned role in Barbarella.

Lúidín

I remember him best as the friar in Zefirellli's Romeo and Juliet.
He really knew how to work those eyebrows.

Lúidín

I remember him best as the friar in Zefirellli's Romeo and Juliet.
He really knew how to work those eyebrows.

Hitch 22

[video=youtube;J04gTJvynjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04gTJvynjg[/video]

Seanie Lemass

Actor Milo O'Shea has died aged 86:

Acting legend Milo O'Shea has died - RT Ten

Seen him in so many things over the years but I especially liked his performance in the 1967 version of Ulysses. Jospeh Strick's film has lots of faults in it (as anyone would have trying to film Ulysses!) But I thought the Molly Bloom soliloquy was filmed particular well. When my mother went to see it in the '60's, she said that the women had to sit on one side of the cinema, and the men had to sit on the other. Anyone know if that's true?

Not unless she went to see it in Saudi Arabia :)

Berchmans

Saw him and the also recently deceased David Kelly in "The Sunshine Boys" about 15 years ago in The Gate.

Great to see such stage presence close up.

May they both RIP.

eyelight

When my mother went to see it in the '60's, she said that the women had to sit on one side of the cinema, and the men had to sit on the other. Anyone know if that's true?
Not unless she went to see it in Saudi Arabia :)

You didn't have to travel that far. This was the rule in at least one small cinema in County Cavan in the 1940's, enforced by a priest standing inside the door.

No I don't have link, just an anecdote told to me by an elderly man.

HJ McCracken

Wonderful performer and a dacent spud.

Seanie Lemass

You didn't have to travel that far. This was the rule in at least one small cinema in County Cavan in the 1940's, enforced by a priest standing inside the door.

No I don't have link, just an anecdote told to me by an elderly man.

Quebecoise's mother did not see Ulysees in an Irish cinema in the 1960s :)