• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Advertise in the Green Party Wall Planner for only €400 (!)

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Just got this email in.......... it appears to be from a publishing house working on behalf of the Green Party (which you'll recall, doesn't like corporate donations. But advertising at the members for money is aok.

To whom it may concern,

We are delighted to announce the launch of the Green Party wall planner for 2010. The wall planner will be the official wall planner for the Green Party and will be distributed free of charge to all members. This extremely focused medium will provide your company with the opportunity to be seen every day over a period of 12 months.

With this in mind, we would ask your company to support us in our endeavours to make this first edition a success. Therefore, I am delighted to offer you the opportunity to advertise in the 2010 wall planner, which will enable you to market directly to all of our members.

The cost of inclusion in the Wall Planner is €400 and a representative of our publishing agent will contact you in the near future.

I trust that the above is of interest to you, if you have any queries regarding this publication, please contact xxxxxx.

Your sincerely
xxxxxx

mmrebel

How many members do the Green party have to warrant a €400 advertisement on the wall planner. ?

sauntersplash

I hope it's an eWallplanner. Wasted paper otherwise. Not very green at all.

He3

Wall planner: person who decides who gets put up against the wall.

consultant

How many members do the Green party have to warrant a €400 advertisement on the wall planner. ?
A lot fewer than before they entered coalition government.

Wouldn't they be better off erecting a bio-degradeable tent in next year's Galway races?

Have Anglo and the DDDA thanked Gormley by buying several billion worth of adverts?

laidback

the €400 will be tax deductible at the top new rate that perhaps the dec budget will bring in?!

mmrebel

Maybe it was more, maybe it was less. I don't know.
So the Greens are looking for €400 for a wall planner it will send out to its limited membership. :rolleyes:

I think you will find if you are a business person there are cheaper ways of reaching your clientèle.
Now the greens are not known for how shall i put it... being "business aware" so I will leave them at it and I will take my skepticism and nurture it like an Eco friendly plant.

I hope Ciaran Cuffe isnt organising this - I can see Shell, Esso, Exxon-Mobil and BP all adorning the calender.....:lol:

Murra

In fairness, many Green members live eco-friendly lifestyles and prefer to conduct their business with green and ethical companies. Therefore, any advertisers on the wall calendar would have a ready market. Sounds like good strategic advertising to me.

jmcc

Surely all those dead trees, the printing and transport contributes massively to the carbon footprints of the Green Party? Have they got planning permission for erecting those things on walls? :)

Regards...jmcc

tenderloins1

Twitter
@electionlit
Not too sure in this case, but often the likes of this are outsourced to companies who pay a flat fee to the client and reap the rewards or losses themselves.
For instance programmes for some sporting fixtures are printed by x company. They buy the rights to print them from a sporting body. Its up to them to fill the advertising so that they make a profit on it.
The sporting body has already made the money from selling the printing and advertising.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies