• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Advertising on Politics.ie

Just curious because i study advertising in the media in some of college subjects so please dont think im trying to wind you up. When a firm or business advertised on this website, is there conditions where if a thread bad mouths or slags off the products or business, will it be removed? might sound very conspiracy like, but just curious, i know papers and tv news acts like this so does this website have to make sure not to allow certain things which could effect advertising income?

mollox

Club Orange refuse to advertise on politics.ie, for obvious reasons!

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
PaintingMedium said:
Just curious because i study advertising in the media in some of college subjects so please dont think im trying to wind you up. When a firm or business advertised on this website, is there conditions where if a thread bad mouths or slags off the products or business, will it be removed? might sound very conspiracy like, but just curious, i know papers and tv news acts like this so does this website have to make sure not to allow certain things which could effect advertising income?
All advertising is handled by Google, which trys to match the advertising to the content by contextual relevance. That's it.

johnfás

Alot of the time are website ads not done through a third party agency who would control the content?

David Cochrane said:
PaintingMedium said:
All advertising is handled by Google, which trys to match the advertising to the content by contextual relevance. That's it.
Thanks David

CookieMonster

The advertising is run by adsense, so if we were having a discussion on how crap something is and mention it numerous times more than likely an add for the product will pop up.

CookieMonster

DerekOwens said:
Indeed CM. The mischief potential is almost overpowering sometimes.
I'm not sure Bertie, Enda, the PD or the IRS advertise with google. ;)

mollox

CookieMonster said:
The advertising is run by adsense, so if we were having a discussion on how crap something is and mention it numerous times more than likely an add for the product will pop up.
Let's test the theory. If we lovebomb the Orange Order, Fanta, Britvic (geddit?) or Club Orange ads should start to appear.

I have my doubts - for all the republican content on here, I still haven't seen any ads offering Counselling services.

CookieMonster

mollox said:
CookieMonster said:
Let's test the theory. If we lovebomb the Orange Order, Fanta, Britvic (geddit?) or Club Orange ads should start to appear.

I have my doubts - for all the republican content on here, I still haven't seen any ads offering Counselling services.
It depends on who is using the advertising service.

Socratus O' Pericles

I see the faux prostitution ads are back.

Northtipp

I see the faux prostitution ads are back.
I dont get those. You know what they say SOP. You only get adverts based on your personal browsing history. I keep getting adverts for converting old Northen bank notes into Euros and for machines designed to filter dodgy fuel. :)

Socratus O' Pericles

I dont get those. You know what they say SOP. You only get adverts based on your personal browsing history. I keep getting adverts for converting old Northen bank notes into Euros and for machines designed to filter dodgy fuel. :)
We are going to Iceland for the hols later in year...............lots of ads for hotels in Reykjavik to boot.......must ask drummed about it.

Socratus O' Pericles

As are the "How to Succeed at Necromancing" ones.
I didn't predict that...........

btw if missis o'p found out I was "ready to meet a charming Russian" I'd say that would be the end of that set of nadgers............she's a jealous woman.petunia

No baseball bats?

:eek:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies