Adverts, funny, annoying, etc.

myksav

Just a thread for taking shots at adverts, funny, annoying, daft, enjoyable, etc.

To start.
The new Radox shower soap, the one with "Bathroom full of lady stuff? You need Radox showergel for men with New Awesome Hook" is an exceptional example of Japanese advertising.
Funny in a 'freaked out' manner.

Brennan's Bread adverts on radio. Are Dubliners as dim/daft as one of the characters portrays?

slippy wicket

Just a thread for taking shots at adverts, funny, annoying, daft, enjoyable, etc.

To start.
The new Radox shower soap, the one with "Bathroom full of lady stuff? You need Radox showergel for men with New Awesome Hook" is an exceptional example of Japanese advertising.
Funny in a 'freaked out' manner.

Brennan's Bread adverts on radio. Are Dubliners as dim/daft as one of the characters portrays?
Just saw the radox ad, that is mental.:eek:

An annoying ad would be that Fig Roll ad with the 'taste buds' , the person who thought that up should be birched.

Samell

Try the Revlon mascara ad, filmed with extensions and post production work, the 90+% of women said, blah, blah bit they only asked 53, some representative cross section!

McDave

Hate ads generally.

But I loved the Joe McKinney Guinness ad, and the Lotto ads of about 5 or 6 years ago (e.g. the farmer in the Lamborghini) :D

McDave

Worst ads:
- Anything with slo-mo effects
- Anything with twitty, ingratiating AA Roadwatch accents

Ah Well

Going retro ... drink & Ireland go together whatever folk might think

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MpLiYhsXw]YouTube - Best tv ad - Guinness "dancing man"[/ame]

Cassandra Syndrome

Just saw the radox ad, that is mental.:eek:

An annoying ad would be that Fig Roll ad with the 'taste buds' , the person who thought that up should be birched.
Yes that annoying FIG ROLLS AD, bud. Piick me.... I just keeping wishing that would flow away into the stomach and let the Hydrochloric Acid in there perform their justice.

Anyone see that Wimax mobile ad, with the baldy gimp singing on a stool with a guitar and the lyrics being highlighted, just as you manage to shut down the neural pathways to your ear by extreme will power.

Ah Well

Alan Hughes in a former life in the 80s - rather relevant again seeing as plenty folk have to shag off (if lucky to be in a position to do so for employment) and might come back for the aul Christmas hols. Full circle for the Irish 20+ years on ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btqSxlUJyxo]YouTube - 1980s ESB advert - Going home[/ame]

yellowfish

That awful advert that shows them grieving and distraught at the loss of a burnt loaf. the whole thing especially where they lay a white sheet over it is sickeningly distasteful, it makes me so angry that those who have suffered loss, especially at birth as this represents should be treated as advertising fodder. I find hard to believe that warburtons think this will sell bread or that it is worth the pain caused if it does.

Dredger

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSFCvG6curE]YouTube - L & P Stubbies Ad (NZ)[/ame]

TommyO'Brien

Most successful ever in Ireland: The Specsavers Ads. Hardly a day goes by when I don't hear someone use the "should have gone to Specsavers" line. It was even used by a judge in Dublin when a guard made a muck of some form for a prosecution.

When people use a catchphrase that contains the name of the product, in daily life, that is one hell of a successful ad. A friend of mine needs to get her eyes tested. She said that the only optician she even knew the name of was Specsavers.

The "Carlsberg don't do XXXX but if they did . . ." That too gets used all over. I heard last week someone attack Brian Lenihan by saying "Brian Lenihan - probably the most unsuccessful Finance Minister in the world."

Another example of a successful ad is the imagine.ie ad for Wi max - just think of it. Some companies spend hundreds of thousands on expensive ads. That ad uses one singer, one guitar and one melody, and it stands out among the clutter - and is a major success in terms of impact.

Barnacle

Anyone remember the old Hamlet add. They were class. My fav was the one where Dracula suddenly appears by the bed of his victim and suddenly it flashes back to the glass of water by his coffin containing his teeth. Cue Hamlet music, Dracula now smoking cigar.

The one of today that I love is the Orio Cookie add with the kids and the cups of milk. And the WiMax add, sad but I know all the words.

Icemancometh

I absolutely hate those ads with the children talking about making changes to their life for the good of their health. On TV and radio, you can't get away from these feckin ads. Almost want to take up smoking just to shove it in their faces.

The Lighthouse Keeper

No more please!

My pet hates are the ridiculously overplayed Bulmers adverts. :mad:
It's responsible for a million-and-one cringe worthy renditions of "Galway Girl" by people who can just about remember the chorus or just can't plain sing! :roll:

McDave

Another of the older Lotto ads:

"So kid, how did you make your money? Computers?"

"Nah, I won the Lorro"

McDave

My pet hates are the ridiculously overplayed Bulmers adverts. :mad:
It's responsible for a million-and-one cringe worthy renditions of "Galway Girl" by people who can just about remember the chorus or just can't plain sing! :roll:
What annoys me most about that ad is the phoney posh accent.

Twin Towers

"We've heard all the excuses and they still don't work".
RTE justifying it's license to extort.

We've heard all the excuses from RTE and they still don't work.

Dan_Murphy

If we are talking Irish ads, I will make a point of never going to Kildare village.

theghost

I absolutely hate those ads with the children talking about making changes to their life for the good of their health. On TV and radio, you can't get away from these feckin ads. Almost want to take up smoking just to shove it in their faces.
Those ads make me feel like thumping the radio or tv. Never knew kids could sound so priggish.

The new one for Nutgrove Shopping Centre on the radio has made me determined never to set foot in the place again.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies