Advice needed on sound equipment.

CatullusV

Right. Some context needed. Back in storage in Ireland I have some pretty good equipment either in storage or being used by siblings. To be honest, I'm not looking for it back. My sister has my Missions and the Rotel and other gear. My Wharfedales are with a friend along with some Nad gear. The speakers are all floorstanding, damped with good Donabate sand.

I'm moving to a new place soon (well, three or four months. Not a new house, but a rebuild. Wifey is less than keen on very obvious sound equipment and I don't want to have to retreat to the cellars to get a lick of great sound.

I want gear which will allow the deepest basso profundu of Philip Glass to the highest piccolo to have a voice.

Not an easy ask, but can anyone suggest a current setup which is discrete, but has some power and range? I'm prepared to go high-level on it, but my wife won't go so far as floorstanding. Any recommendations gladly accepted.

Socratus O' Pericles

https://www.revox.com/en/loudspeaker.html

or perhaps this:

SVS SB-4000 Design
The SVS 4000-series uses an updated 13.5” driver that comes in at a ridiculous 43 pounds. That weight is from the massive magnets around the driver, which is what drives the SB-4000 to fill a home theater despite the smaller size. Most of the other features in the 4000 series, including the SB-4000, are trickling down from SVS’s 16” models. There is the updated amplifier than can deliver 1200 watts continuous with 4000-watt peaks. It also has the integrated parametric EQ and Bluetooth, allowing you to optimize the subwoofer for your room and control it all from your phone. The included remote also lets you control all the settings from your listening position, though since the iOS app does the same I always used the app.

former wesleyan

Keep the Warfedales. Get a new missus.

Socratus O' Pericles

Catullus' wife must be feeling generous.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies