• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Aeneas Joseph Noonan Appointed Chairman Of Small Firms Association (SFA)

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

AJ Noonan was recently appointed chairman of Small Firms Association (SFA). Small firms are an important part of the backbone of any economy. Is he up for the job?

sfa.ie had more than 7,500 Irish member companies in January 2013. Can this man really help small & medium sized companies to survive austerity in Ireland or is it just another quango for a politically appointed placeholder?

Last edited:

gerhard dengler

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

The new Chairman has an involvement in the Rhonellen Developments.
He's MD of that company.

It would appear that Rhonellen and the HSE have an ongoing commercial relationship.

Namawinelake has an interesting take on the Rhonellen/HSE relationship
The health minister, the owner, the developer, the development, the HSE and NAMA | NAMA Wine Lake
it's not illegal to have a business relationship with the HSE in Donegal is it? Did he get the job because he is in bed with FG?

neiphin

SideysGhost

Yeah so a property developer sucking off the taxpayers teat through the HSE and NAMA is the new head of the Small Firms Association.

After all this time, the parasites in charge just don't get it and never will.

We need someone running an actual productive export company in that sort of role, not just another property/state quango monkey.

LamportsEdge

I'm thinking it might be a good time to merge Republicanism into a new LLP so we could have a clear out of the gombeens on either side of the 'civil scuffle' of the twenties and thirties.

Aeneas? Jumping babby jesus I knew there were some social climbing women in Fine Gael, mind, but this one takes the Homeric biscuit.

'Aeneas (pron.: /ɪˈniːəs/; Greek: Αἰνείας, Aineías, derived from Greek Αἰνή meaning "to praise") was a Trojan hero, the son of the prince Anchises and the goddess Aphrodite. His father was the second cousin of King Priam of Troy, making Aeneas Priam's second cousin, once removed. He is a character in Greek mythology and is mentioned in Homer's Iliad, and receives full treatment in Roman mythology as the legendary founder of what would become Ancient Rome, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid.'

This is the bit that is fitting though; 'In the Iliad, Aeneas is a minor character, where he is twice saved from death by the gods as if for an as-yet unknown destiny.' Aeneas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like at least someone in Fine Gael has both an education and a sense of humour.

georgeplant

Sorry to interrupt the academic discussion on Mr Noonan's christian name.
I have dealt with AJ Noonan and have found him a solid reliable and trustworthy person.
I never knew his politics but I would think that he would be well fitted for the post and would wish him luck.

LamportsEdge

Sorry to interrupt the academic discussion on Mr Noonan's christian name.
I have dealt with AJ Noonan and have found him a solid reliable and trustworthy person.
I never knew his politics but I would think that he would be well fitted for the post and would wish him luck.
Evening, Mrs Aphrodite:)

Zach Dingle

Up to what job? Is it to continue to destroy the wages, working conditions and living standards of the employees unfortunate enough to labour in such firms while management gets fatter?:mad:

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

what do you think ?

he is representing an important part of the indigenous economy. I would think that most people in gov give a sh*t about sf, but his connection with the HSE could be part of terrible mistake to install another bloodsucker by political appointment. if the organization is paid for by its members they should carefully look at any irregularities that may arise from his HSE dealings.