• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Aer Lingus Flying Low with Mannion

Colada

Website
colada.bebo.com
Stocks & Shares
Aer Lingus flying low with Dermot Mannion

<Mod>Please don't cut & paste copyright material into the forum, provide a link</Mod>

drbob1972

one has to ask what's your obsession with EI and Mannion? you really starting to sound like an embittered employee (or ex) rather than an impartial observer / critic

Colada

Website
colada.bebo.com
I also have interests in history, world politics, religion, and business.
Are you feeling threatened by me?
Am I too knowledgeable on the issues of the day?

Perhaps you should try another website instead?
Might I sugget www.disneyland.com

Have a nice time now....

drbob1972

don't be so silly no one is threatened by anyone, it seems to me that you've a interest bordering with obsession with EI and its management that would lead me to think you've got a bit of a vested interest or at least strong feelings nothing else....

Colada

Website
colada.bebo.com
I feel you have an interest bordering on obsession with me!
Shall we explore it further?

Your go!

Colada

Website
colada.bebo.com
Hibernophile, I didn't write that piece - in fact, I don't even agree with all of it.
But drbob is getting off on it - so I think it's been great value anyhow. :lol:

grassroots

If you read the article you see the problem facing Mannion and Aer Lingus -3 times as many staff per plane as Ryanair and paid 40% more per head.

Talk about an overmanned and high cost airline in a competitive industry with an ageing fleet on the brink of a cyclical downturn.

Removed from protection by a cash strapped exchequer, Aer Lingus is on a slippery slope.

Edo

Colada said:
Hibernophile, I didn't write that piece - in fact, I don't even agree with all of it.
But drbob is getting off on it - so I think it's been great value anyhow. :lol:
You didn't write it - well thats no surprise - it mightn't be a bad idea to erase it and insert a link instead - the mods here aren't too crazy about posters nicking other folks intellectual property and posting it here without giving the original authors their rightful due - passin it off as your own is worse! :oops:

Auditor #9

Website
www.*******.com
What a job the poor basturd has though given the stats e.g. staff per plane in comparison to Ryanair (34 v 107) and operating profit of sweet fock all, virtually. Is he running off upto Belfast to try to shake off some staff? It sounds like the decentralisation programme, nearly. He'll have 3 million less next year in his pocket the way lads are booking the flights out of belfast.

What is going to happen? He'll probably go but no matter - the company is pretty stretched anyway and getting tighter by the new time it looks like.

locke

The staff per plane stat is a little misleading for a couple of reasons. The first is that Aer Lingus operate long-haul with larger aircraft that require larger crews. That's only a small part of the story. More relevant is that there are a lot of activities that ryanair sub-contract that Aer Lingus do themselves, which makes their headcount look high.

As for the share price, it's pretty much where it was before it was inflated by the talk of a Ryanair takeover.

Where Mannion has been disappointing has been his focus on increasing profitability through cost-cutting rather than expansion. Given the likelihood of higher environmental taxes and a severe slowdown in aviation growth over coming years, he may have missed the chance to turn Aer Lingus into a major player in the transatlantic market and the chance to turn Dublin into one of Europe's hubs.

Akrasia

grassroots said:
If you read the article you see the problem facing Mannion and Aer Lingus -3 times as many staff per plane as Ryanair and paid 40% more per head.

Talk about an overmanned and high cost airline in a competitive industry with an ageing fleet on the brink of a cyclical downturn.

Removed from protection by a cash strapped exchequer, Aer Lingus is on a slippery slope.
Just a clarification.

The exchequer was not cash strapped when the flotation was designed and implemented. Certainly not cash strapped enough to prevent the minister for finance to give large bonuses to the business class in the form of a cut in the top rate of tax

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies