• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Aer Lingus - what a crap website

Aer Lingus is the 'national carrier' of Ireland, so how it represents itself to visitors is somewhat important as an introduction to how things work in Ireland.

With that in mind, who in God's Name did they employ to 'upgrade' their website? It's bloody awful. Slower than a dead elephant, always crashing or saying 'ooops, something went wrong', and often no acknowledgment whether the payment went through or not.

Compared to Ryanair's website (and I am a critic of Ryanair), which is relatively user-friendly, Aer Lingus's 'upgraded' website is woeful.

Rant over.

greengoose2

Aer Lingus is the 'national carrier' of Ireland, so how it represents itself to visitors is somewhat important as an introduction to how things work in Ireland.

With that in mind, who in God's Name did they employ to 'upgrade' their website? It's bloody awful. Slower than a dead elephant, always crashing or saying 'ooops, something went wrong', and often no acknowledgment whether the payment went through or not.

Compared to Ryanair's website (and I am a critic of Ryanair), which is relatively user-friendly, Aer Lingus's 'upgraded' website is woeful.

Rant over.
Cue an onslaught from the brigade!

Boy M5

Rant over.
The Ryanair website is the best purchasing website around. Fair play.
It is a pleasure to use.

The Aer Lingus website went from an easy to use website to a geek's wet dream - gimmicks but doesn't do what it's meant to do. It's become impossible to use, less friendly than a tank full of sharks being broadcast Michael O'Leary's 10 greatest rants on a loop whilst being simultaneous starved.

Similarly the old frequent flier programme is shut, the new one is not yet functioning.

Willie Walsh & his sponsor Baldy Noonan must be creased over in laughter.
If Walsh pulled the same stunt with BA he'd be all over the UK media being castigated.

DJP

Rant over.
It seems to just have teething problems. When was the upgrade? They should have an Irish language version of the website. Eh, hello?

D

Deleted member 17573

I haven't tried new AL site enough top comment but it seems to me that a lot of web sites are designed for use with tablets (big buttons for touch screen) but that makes it harder to use on laptop or PC (lot of scrolling)
It is terrible on a tablet - I had assumed it might be better on a PC.

Boy M5

It seems to just have teething problems. When was the upgrade? They should have an Irish language version of the website. Eh, hello?
It was "upgraded" 6 months ago. Teething problems more like teen issues by this stage.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Does anybody else have difficulty accessing the ryanair website on Samsung devices?

Two separate - pretty modern - Samsung devices and the site won't load. The plane keeps on going around and around...for about a month now

kalipa

Similarly the old frequent flier programme is shut, the new one is not yet functioning.
No it's not closed yet.
This from an email update on 27th May

We previously informed you that Gold Circle would be closing on 30th June. It´s been said that if something´s worth doing, then it´s worth doing well, so with this in mind, we´re taking a little more time to ensure we deliver the best possible loyalty programme for you.

In the interests of all of our existing applicant and tier members, Gold Circle will continue to remain open until AerClub launches towards the end of 2016.

Half Nelson

Rant over.
No it's not - not even with commas added. It's just another carrier.

In fact, Ryanair is arguably much closer to being the 'national carrier'.

Boy M5

No it's not closed yet.
This from an email update on 27th May
Thanks.

Can new people join?

It's crazy bad & piss poor.

Boy M5

No it's not - not even with commas added. It's just another carrier.

In fact, Ryanair is arguably much closer to being the 'national carrier'.
No - they are a European Low Cost Carrier with a large US shareholder.

Boy M5

That "smart " Aer Lingus " ad is getting on my goat.
Well their website & customer loyalty programme isn't smart.

Boy M5

Does anybody else have difficulty accessing the ryanair website on Samsung devices?

Two separate - pretty modern - Samsung devices and the site won't load. The plane keeps on going around and around...for about a month now
I am surprised.

Have you downloaded their app?
O'Leary has invested serious money on his e strategy.

daveL

No - they are a European Low Cost Carrier with a large US shareholder.
He said much closer.

Are Lingus are as Irish as Guinness. Only in the sense that it's an established Irish brand.

Both foreign owned.

Gurdiev77

have to hand it to the ryanair website and app..... particularly like the way you can scan your card with your phone to pay

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies