• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Africa Day Dublin. 2013

asset test

Lots of colourful outfits, lots of crowds. Happy out.

BUT I couldn't get a parking space in my usual spot to go to Ryans of Parkgate Street for late lunch today with my beloved. It's a ritual. feck. Had to go elsewhere. The crowds around Phoenix Park was unreal.

I didn't hear anything about this before today, and most of it was free up in Farmleigh.

Did anyone else? I'd say it was great Craic.

Visitor Information - Africa Day Ireland

DJP

Great day!

Lots of colourful outfits, lots of crowds. Happy out.

BUT I couldn't get a parking space in my usual spot to go to Ryans of Parkgate Street for late lunch today with my beloved. It's a ritual. feck. Had to go elsewhere. The crowds around Phoenix Park was unreal.

I didn't hear anything about this before today, and most of it was free up in Farmleigh.

Did anyone else? I'd say it was great Craic.

Visitor Information - Africa Day Ireland
Great day! 32,000 people were at it I believe. Today was my second time going, I went for the first time last year. I was primarily there to enjoy myself with all the different cultures and people but I also did a radio report on the day also, interviewing six women (I am not intentionally sexist! :)). Below also is an article from The Examiner also on the day. I hope others will also post up links to other coverage of the day also. :)

Celebrating Africa Day | The Irish Examiner

All aboard for Africa Day fun - Herald.ie

[video=youtube;dZfSO4S1Hk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZfSO4S1Hk0[/video]​

firefly123

Feckers coming over here taking our days! It's a black day in this country when.... Oh wait!

DJP

On a serious note the lady I interviewed from the Congo told me about the role of multinationals in the country. I did not know about this. I will do an indepth report on what is going on in the Congo soon after gaining some more insight into what is going on in the country today.

mrJohnRADA

Wow,never heard of the African Union..is it like the E.U ? Doubtful.More likely a money transfer agency like Western Union for our 17,000 nigerian residents to send home26,000 euros annually(540 million euro) for every man,women and child of them living here...no wonder they sound happy ..its a kinda Big Networking Event really...by the way..how can an average family of ,oh,say 5 , 2 adults ,3 kids, save in excess of 120,000 grand a year to send home to Nigeria and then still have a few bob left to cover everyday living costs... cos I can't save a cent!

DJP

Wow,never heard of the African Union..is it like the E.U ? Doubtful.More likely a money transfer agency like Western Union for our 17,000 nigerian residents to send home26,000 euros annually(540 million euro) for every man,women and child of them living here...no wonder they sound happy ..its a kinda Big Networking Event really...by the way..how can an average family of ,oh,say 5 , 2 adults ,3 kids, save in excess of 120,000 grand a year to send home to Nigeria and then still have a few bob left to cover everyday living costs... cos I can't save a cent!
Assuming (which I for one don't) it is true maybe it is because many of them are in well paid jobs?

mrJohnRADA

Assuming (which I for one don't) it is true maybe it is because many of them are in well paid jobs?
Oh yeah...um,what job would that be ..and no ,its not driving a taxi...eh...no ,i'm thinking...never see them working in the local shops,service station,garden centres,hospitals,the occasional house build....nah,give up...

Ren84

You've never heard of the African Union? :|

BTW, have you never heard of grammar and punctuation as well?

Ren84

Oh yeah...um,what job would that be ..and no ,its not driving a taxi...eh...no ,i'm thinking...never see them working in the local shops,service station,garden centres,hospitals,the occasional house build....nah,give up...
A wise decision.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies