African kids are academically outperforming their white peers in UK

Cato

I'm sure white parents take an interest in their child's (or children's) progress too.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417997/professor-if-you-read-your-kids-youre-unfairly-disadvantaging-others-katherine-timpf?utm_source=NR&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=May25Timpf

According to a professor at the University of Warwick in England, parents who read to their kids should be thinking about how they’re “unfairly disadvantaging other people’s children” by doing so.

In an interview with ABC Radio last week, philosopher and professor Adam Swift said that since“bedtime stories activities . . . do indeed foster and produce . . . [desired] familial relationship goods,” he wouldn’t want to ban them, but that parents who “engage in bedtime-stories activities” should definitely at least feel kinda bad about it sometimes:

redhead

Why can't they do this in Africa and work to make it a better place to live?
In contention for idiotic statement of the decade and there's some seriously stiff competition...

mr_anderson

Holy Sh1t.

Could you imagine the cries of wacism if that chinese guy was a white european !

silverharp

The Chinese have moved into Africa. Here's what one of them thinks of the locals. They don't seem to have the same politically correct filter Europeans do.

[video=youtube;mzyaa2tfwBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzyaa2tfwBk[/video]

full doc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
it calls in the whole question of foreign aid , its one thing seeding countries that use it, but the african countries dont seem to have the wherewithal to use the aid in any constructive way.

Polybius

The Chinese have moved into Africa. Here's what one of them thinks of the locals. They don't seem to have the same politically correct filter Europeans do.

full doc:
Some of what the Chinese guy says is correct. The Europeans left behind competent bureaucracies, an educated indigenous civil service, some decent infrastructure and good agriculture. Colonisation is not an excuse for the sorry state of parts of Africa today. Why is it that South Korea and Vietnam have been able to develop their economies despite a long history of colonisation and poverty? There comes a point where African political leaders and other African elites need to take responsibility and stop blaming colonisation.

O

Oscurito

sure racism? :roll: , you are being dishonest here. either black people commit more crime than white people or they dont. the fact is they do. you kind of have to paint a full picture not white knight at every opportunity.

Police statistics shed fresh light on link between crime and race - Telegraph
Just to recap: I was responding to a point where you were making direct extrapolations between incarceration rates for ethnic minorities and criminality. I don't think it's that simple - it's well established that there is racism in the UK justice system.

On the streets, black people were subjected to what the report describes as an "excess" of 145,000 stop and searches in 2008. It notes that black people constitute less than 3% of the population, yet made up 15% of people stopped by police.
More black people jailed in England and Wales proportionally than in US | Society | The Guardian

devoutcapitalist

Having visited India briefly I reckon the reason for their enthusiasm is that in India it is often the case that one either gets educated or dies. Not like here where the alternative often is to spend life on SW. In India the unemployed sleep on the streets at the mercy of bandits and any other danger that exists. It sure seems to be a good motivator. I am not calling for the end of the welfare state just giving a reason as to why these people might value education so highly.
It's the same in China, little or no social protection if someone loses their job, as for poorer White Kids in Britain hardly surprising many of them do so badly academically where traditional values have gone down the toilet amongst substantial sections of white working class Britain.

TheWexfordInn

Just to recap: I was responding to a point where you were making direct extrapolations between incarceration rates for ethnic minorities and criminality. I don't think it's that simple - it's well established that there is racism in the UK justice system.

More black people jailed in England and Wales proportionally than in US | Society | The Guardian
The Telegraph link states that:
Twelve per cent of London’s men are black. But 54 per cent of the street crimes committed by men in London
So that is saying blacks are responsible for proportionally 4.5 times more street crime than members of the general population. Your links claims that black people are five times more likely to be stopped by the Police than members of the general population.
I would say that putting those two figures together that the Police stop and search policy is pretty much spot-on.

O

Oscurito

The Telegraph link states that:

So that is saying blacks are responsible for proportionally 4.5 times more street crime than members of the general population. Your links claims that black people are five times more likely to be stopped by the Police than members of the general population.
I would say that putting those two figures together that the Police stop and search policy is pretty much spot-on.
Your figures are for London - from that impeccable and totally unbiased source, the Torygraph - and only relate to street crime.

How about if we brought in white collar crime?

My figure are for England & Wales so you're not comparing like with like.

I think it requires a different thread. This topic is about educational attainment.

silverharp

I'd agree with things like drugs , where in the US drug use is known to be reasonably similar between whites and blacks but because of how they use drugs more in public they get arrested more. however take murder rates a black person is 4 times more likely to be murdered in the UK than a white person and given that the majority of victims and perps tend to be of the same ethnicity it means at least black people kill at twice or more the rate of white people. there cant be any confusion here about policing

D

Deleted member 45466

full doc:
Hmmm. They moved into Africa years ago.

Post WW2 Africa was a cold war proxy battle ground. The Chinese/Soviets were arming and funding insurgencies that would eventually displace white rule. e.g. Rhodesia, and Mugabe. Presumably the Chinese benefitted by being granted copper/chromium mining concessions, and to hell with the disaster that ensued from Mugabe's rule?

Shewer, colonialism/imperialism brought the benefits of civilisation to Africa, but it's been hard for Africans to establish their own democratic states without western oligarchs/governments (and commie ones) desire to get their grubby paws on Africa's natural wealth (to feed and clothe westerners of course. The nonsense about Africa/Asia manufacturing facilities causing most of the pollution? Guess who their customers are?).

kerdasi amaq

Who invented the concept of the number zero? The Indians.

Who created the number system upon which modern mathematics is based? The Arabs.

If you think you could do complex calculus with the system that the Europeans were using....off you go. :cool:
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abacus#Roman

Here's what wikipaedia has to say:
Roman

Main article: Roman abacus

Copy of a Roman abacus

The normal method of calculation in ancient Rome, as in Greece, was by moving counters on a smooth table. Originally pebbles (calculi) were used. Later, and in medieval Europe, jetons were manufactured. Marked lines indicated units, fives, tens etc. as in the Roman numeral system. This system of 'counter casting' continued into the late Roman empire and in medieval Europe, and persisted in limited use into the nineteenth century.[SUP][23][/SUP] Due to Pope Sylvester II's reintroduction of the abacus with very useful modifications, it became widely used in Europe once again during the 11th century[SUP][24][/SUP][SUP][25][/SUP] This abacus used beads on wires, unlike the traditional Roman counting boards, which meant the abacus could be used much faster.[SUP][26][/SUP]
Writing in the 1st century BC, Horace refers to the wax abacus, a board covered with a thin layer of black wax on which columns and figures were inscribed using a stylus.[SUP][27][/SUP]
One example of archaeological evidence of the Roman abacus, shown here in reconstruction, dates to the 1st century AD. It has eight long grooves containing up to five beads in each and eight shorter grooves having either one or no beads in each. The groove marked I indicates units, X tens, and so on up to millions. The beads in the shorter grooves denote fives –five units, five tens etc., essentially in a bi-quinary coded decimal system, obviously related to the Roman numerals. The short grooves on the right may have been used for marking Roman "ounces" (i.e. fractions).
Pocket calculators Roman style.

raspberry tea

It is clear from this thread that whites are being left behind in this wonderful multicultural bliss....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies