• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

After abortion legislation is passed - should we petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens

darkhorse

After abortion legislation is passed - should we petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens

For a long time we have turned a blind eye to the many women who have travelled to Britain for an abortion
But once we have decided how abortion should apply within Ireland, then we are presumably mature enough to make these decisions for ourselves on a permanent and undivided basis
So, should we then ask British legislators to deny the more liberal UK accees to abortion services for Irish citizens?
If we dont, then should we liberalise abortion to match UK abortion laws - which would seem to the the most logical alternative
We should either match UK liberal abortion laws - or pass an Irish abortion law and expect our neighours to honour our views on this moral issue.
What is your view?

darkhorse

I don't think that would be possible. Irish Citizens are entitled to freedom of movement.
freedom of movement yes
but they could easiy deny abortion services to irish citizens
all you should need to do is prove your home address
the Dutch do it now for pot smokers - not that hard

neiphin

who?what?

NO ABORTIONS ON DEMAND! 4 SUICIDES IN 4 MILLION UK BIRTHS!! if the law is passed it will be 5000 suicidal women in 1 million births. Once the door is open it's open to all. "Doctor I know this is the 3rd time I've said this but... I will kill myself unless I have an abortion"
reasonable abortion is accepted among normal people,... complications, dying mother, dying fetus etc....

Mercurial

For a long time we have turned a blind eye to the many women who have travelled to Britain for an abortion
But once we have decided how abortion should apply within Ireland, then we are presumably mature enough to make these decisions for ourselves on a permanent and undivided basis
So, should we then ask British legislators to deny the more liberal UK accees to abortion services for Irish citizens?
If we dont, then should we liberalise abortion to match UK abortion laws - which would seem to the the most logical alternative
We should either match UK liberal abortion laws - or pass an Irish abortion law and expect our neighours to honour our views on this moral issue.
What is your view?
We could petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens, but they would be under no obligation, either moral or legal, to agree.

It is strange that if we did take the stance that abortion is murder, that we wouldn't petition our neighbours to stop such a barbaric practice. We boycotted places like South Africa for less.

darkhorse

We could petition the UK to forbid abortion among Irish citizens, but they would be under no obligation, either moral or legal, to agree.

It is strange that if we did take the stance that abortion is murder, that we wouldn't petition our neighbours to stop such a barbaric practice. We boycotted places like South Africa for less.
Of course they would be under no obligation to deny abortion to Irish citizens
But in the same way that the UK enforces our tax and VAT laws in a co-operative way, there is no reason to think that they would refuse our request for compliance with our abortion laws

neiphin

True but in other areas it is working
Thats only an example of how nationality can be confirmed anyway
its not, that is a lie
the dutch have made and now realise that they have made a major **** up
and are now trying to repeal that daft law

neiphin

Of course they would be under no obligation to deny abortion to Irish citizens
But in the same way that the UK enforces our tax and VAT laws in a co-operative way, there is no reason to think that they would refuse our request for compliance with our abortion laws
do you want british medical clinics to profile irish patients ?
that would be etnic descrimination
racist even

neiphin

OK but lets park that for another thread
no
you through out a lie to make your point
i cannot let you away with that
you are just trolling