After Budget 2011 - the reaction

hammer

I have some quick questions and hopefully some DOF / Fianna FAILures are on the site and can report back to the Minister

Now that we know the effect of Budget 2011 are you

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry

3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011
6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment

10. If you are an employer do you expect to employ more or less next year

11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further

hammer

i have some quick questions and hopefully some dof / fianna failures are on the site and can report back to the minister

now that we know the effect of budget 2011 are you

1. Going to spend more money over xmas or less less
2. More or less likely to shop in newry neutral
3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 more
4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 neutralsurvive somehow
5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 no
6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased less
7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare lower plan
8. Will you shop more / less in aldi or lidl more
9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment tracker
10. If you are an employer do you expect to employ more or less next year same11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further
wages will fall in retail

turdsl

Well, i certainly am going to Aldi now, hope to get most of the Christmas shopping there.

Cavalier

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less - Same

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry - Less - No VAT increase here and the exchange rate is less favourable than it was a week ago

3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 - More, though it'll be difficult

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 - Same - panic causes disaster. I'll just try and keep ship steady.

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 - no

6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased - no - petrol prices are a hit, but they won't make me stay at home

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare - no

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl - Same - I shop there a fair amount

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment - none - just recently fixed

former wesleyan

The only thing you need to know is that when I voted on the IT poll about the fairness of the Budget, 46% said it was a fair budget.

hammer

The only thing you need to know is that when I voted on the IT poll about the fairness of the Budget, 46% said it was a fair budget.
And the readers of the IT are ?

If you had a poll in THE STAR, it would probably be 14% fair 86% unfair :(

Number2

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less:
- Same

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry:
- Don't anyway

- Same, but limit my exposure to the Irish banks and the euro where possible.

- Same

- Never have, never will.

- Same, but shop around for fuel.

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare
- Hopefully FG/Lab will bring in universal health insurance

- More.

adrem

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less - same

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry - not likely at all (but never was !!)

3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 - save more

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 - faster

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 - no

6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased - same

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare - no (why would I??)

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl - same (use them a lot already)

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment - nothing - on a tracker

10. If you are an employer do you expect to employ more or less next year - more

11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further - nice leading question !! I don't envisage consumption will "slump further" in 2011. That said wages will not be changing in 2011.

Mitsui2

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less A: Less

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry A: More
3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 A: Probably less, because the gov't will have taken it, but if poss then more

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 A: Faster if poss

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 A: You must be kidding me! NO!
6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased A: Yes!

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare A: About 50/50 on that so far

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl A: We already do

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment A: We're on a tracker

10. If you are an employer do you expect to employ more or less next year A: N/A but obviously most employers I know are thinking in terms of having to let people go

11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further A: Again N/A but it seems inevitable

Asparagus

I have some quick questions and hopefully some DOF / Fianna FAILures are on the site and can report back to the Minister

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less
Less

More

Save more and move all of it out of the country

Faster - Although if things look really bad i may startegically default and scarper - i.e. get 2 years free rent before the bank can take my house

No
Yes
No - the public health system hell on earth - private is at least purgatory
More
9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment
It would curtail my monthly spend by 200
Not but more low paid minimum wage workers
11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further
Yes

former wesleyan

And the readers of the IT are ?

If you had a poll in THE STAR, it would probably be 14% fair 86% unfair :(
The Star. To be found thrown on the dash at the back of the steering wheel by White Van Man. Who "startedmyownbusinesslastyearJoe" and is now, not unexpectedly, unemployed.

Athphoblacht

Millionaires will be €23000 better off in 2011 directly as a result of the budget.

A self-employed individual with income of €1 million will have after tax income €23k higher in 2011. Individuals with income of €500k will be €8k better off.

Figures broadcast this morning prepared by tax consultant Ciarán Ó Feinneadha and verified by Dept of Finance.

Social Conscience

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less - More

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry - Less likely due to my location

3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 - More

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 - Faster

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 - No

6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased - No

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare - No

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl - Yes

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment - An extra €360 approx per month

myksav

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less.
Less.

No chance. Not from down this end of the country.

No more, probably less.

Same.

No, there's enough of my money leaving the country/going to German banks already.

I use a motorbike, but less use.

Too late.

Only for Irish produce.

No mortgage, thank fuk.

11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further.
Even not being an employer, it's more likely that employee numbers will drop rather than wages, on the whole.

Sierra

1. Going to spend more money over Xmas or less - I have saved to allow me spend more.

2. More or less likely to shop in Newry - Has not even come into my mind.

3. Going to try and save more or less in 2011 - Hopefully more.

4. Are you going to pay debt down faster or slower in 2011 - Faster

5. Will you buy a new car in 2011 - No

6. Will you use the car less now that petrol has increased - No

7. Is there a strong chance that you will reduce or cancel your private healthcare - Nope

8. Will you shop more / less in Aldi or Lidl - Probably not.

9. What effect would a standard variable mortgage rate increases of 1% in 2011 have on your mortgage payment - I don't have a mortage, renting.

10. If you are an employer do you expect to employ more or less next year - Not an employer.

11. As an employer do you think wages will fall further as consumption slumps further - N/A

Social Conscience

€360 per month. Holy sh............

Fingers crossed that it wont be so severe.
Well the 1% won't happen in 2011 I would suspect. I would think looking at the market or should I say the German market there might be a quarter to a half percent increase in mid to late 2011.

My mortgage is 300K and luckily I have the much sought after tracker but every 1/4 of 1% is about €27-€30 on each €100K. Here's hoping the ECB forget to do anything. :)

Most Replies