After the march - what next?

FloatingVoterTralee

With 100,000 reported as having attended Saturday's march, expectations were surpassed, but how can opposition to the deal be sustained? Calls for a general strike would punish struggling business-owners more than the government, more effective will be a demonstration on the scale of the weekend's outside the Dáil on Budget Day.

Ethan Edwards

With 100,000 reported as having attended Saturday's march, expectations were surpassed, but how can opposition to the deal be sustained? Calls for a general strike would punish struggling business-owners more than the government, more effective will be a demonstration on the scale of the weekend's outside the Dáil on Budget Day.
Good Question! But IMO nothing more will happen on such a grand scale till we turn another corner and the two Brian's call on us to do our patriotic duty once again. The Union's have a march with great success not surprising with the level of hardship people are having to deal with or the anger that is out there and not the first time so far this year. Then the Union's seem to run out of steam or idea's till one of them says "I know lets have a another march that'll teach'em".
What is needed is a leader or party under whose banner people can flock to, a banner that does not support any vested interest but one Irish people can see is there to represent them on a national level with idea's for a sustained campaign of resistance to the road we are being dragged down and are willing to call the IMF's bluff. Don't get me wrong I really don't want to give the impression of "What's the point" but the opposition are being shown up at the moment by SF, the Union leaders are out for themselves and are totally out of practice with having to negotiate under difficult circumstances or mount a campaign, the media are only to happy to hop on anybody that puts their head above the parapet and paint them as a nutter. So until someone comes forward and is willing to intially take the slings and arrows which will come until they can put their message out there which is not hard these days with sites such as this or youtube, email, facebook, twitter for a fairer better Ireland for all and a plan which again I don't think is to hard to formulate if you just look at the issues with a common sense approach and a agenda of whats best for Ireland and its people.
Trouble is I have not seen to many fitting that profile in years.

New Threads

Most Replies