• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Agency withdraws casting call for CBC show that specified ‘any race except Caucasian’

Chi019

Oh dear.

A casting call to hire a new CBC host that specifically said white people need not apply has been withdrawn, with the casting agent offering apologies for the mistake.

The original ad for the host of a children’s show, posted on the casting agency’s website under a CBC logo and on Craigslist, said: “Please only submit [an audition tape] if you match the following criteria: Male between the ages of 23-35 years; Any race except Caucasian.”...

“We were asked to seek a cast of diversity. We mistakenly took that to mean that the production was not seeking Caucasian actors. This was a mistake that was made entirely by the casting company.
Agency withdraws casting call for CBC show that specified ‘any race except Caucasian’ | Canada | News | National Post

Kev408

They made a mistake, acknowledged it and apologised. This is a truly shyte thread yet it's still better than the peurile one about 'saying something about the previous poster' thread. It's also better than the 'rapist-condom' fiasco. I genuinely don't know if I'm still here out of habit or because I'm getting a kick out of watching the demise of the site. Jaysus, I think I'm a rubber-necker!

Kev408

Shows where Canada's multiculturalism gets you.
True dah. Canada's multi-culturalism prior to this earth-shattering event was held up as a beacon of integration and humans getting along with humans. Now, because of this extraordinarily relevant story, Canada's multi-cultural success is ruined forever. No more of those pesky Canadian companies offering excellent jobs with superb perks to every available worker worldwide. And all because a casting company made a booboo. Good, insightful post there, Dame Enda.

Kev408

It's an insight into what 'multiculturalism' is really all about in the end, serving the needs and interests of "every race but Caucasian".

Sun TV has some good coverage of the mask slip moment, and the CBC is well known for its liberal antics in the past:

sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2341723478001
Apparently, sock-puppets are treated badly too so if I was you I'd keep my head down.

Kev408

Toronto is already a minority White city thanks to "multiculturalism" coupled with massive immigration from the third world.

Not exactly everyone's definition of "success".
Hmmm. And I thought it was originally a native's settlement. Oh well, socksters are always better informed than anthropology, sociology, history, geography, evolution and most especially, the poster they originally were before said poster was made shyt of too many times to retain a shred of credibility.

Roisin3

Canada's major cities are not anything near "80% White".

Toronto has already crossed the line, and Vancouver is not far behind:

vancouversun.com/technology/Whites+become+minority+Metro+Vancouver+2031/8175821/story.html#ixzz2SBknuPof
Toronto is majority white. You've obviously never set foot in it or you'd know that.

NYCKY

Canada's major cities are not anything near "80% White".

Toronto has already crossed the line, and Vancouver is not far behind:

vancouversun.com/technology/Whites+become+minority+Metro+Vancouver+2031/8175821/story.html#ixzz2SBknuPof
Ok, at the risk of stating the obvious, Canada's cities do not comprise Canada and whatever the ethnic makeup of the cities is, it doesn't change the fact that Canada is still 80% white. In any event Canada has four major cities, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto.

Lastly to give some perspective, Canada is geographically larger than the US but has a population similar to that of Californias.

Roisin3

I've been to Toronto numerous times, within the past month in fact.

It couldn't be more clear that Whites are now a minority in Toronto.
They aren't. I lived there until three years ago and was involved in diversity in employment programmes. Those who self identify as visible minority are less than half the population in the city, and less again in the GTA. Native and Metis add about 25k to the non white population (they aren't classified as visible minority). A number of groups will also self identify as visible minority although they are white, e.g., South Americans, mostly from Chile.

Don't bother with your untruths. I know the demographics of the city, living there and as part of my job.

NYCKY

Canada's largest city is Toronto, and that city is already minority White.

*your comment above is all over the map, but yes, I'd agree that Canada's population mirrors California's now in that it too is a minority White state!
I think you are just deliberately missing the point. I made a statement about Canadas population being 80% white and you respond with Canadas cities being nowhere near 80% white. When I point out to you that there is more to Canada than her cities and state there really only are 4 cities, you respond with Toronto is minority white.

And you think I am all over the map? FFS Cop on to yourself.

Roisin3

I don't care about your biased opinions, since you made a living off the 'multicult' diversity machine there, such as it is.
Do you happen to work in that arena now that yourself and your 'skills' are back here?

Toronto IS now a minority White city. And all the people I know, some of whom have lived there for over 40 years, confirm it.
In fact, there has been a major case of 'White flight' out of the major cities, just as there is in the USA, and for the same reasons.

You're a spoofer.

City of Toronto: Toronto Facts, Toronto's racial diversity

Census results.

47% self identify as being part of a visible minority.

Like they say in America, do the math.

NYCKY

Umm, I repeat:

The largest city in Canada is already majority non-White, with all major Canadian cities set to follow this 'browning' in the coming years, some very soon (Vancouver--'yellowing'). This is important, and your flinging around a statement like "Canada is 80% White" , when seen in the light of these facts, takes on a very different tone.

btw: where did you get that 80% stat?
You can keep repeating Toronto til the cows come home. Go back and read what I wrote, Canada is 80% white, I never mentioned the cities when I wrote that. Just to be clear, Toronto is not Canada.

Here is a link form Canstat, but in actual fact my 80% white was wrong, it's closer to 84%.

2006 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations | Visible Minority Groups (15), Immigrant Status and Period of Immigration (9), Age Groups (10) and Sex (3) for the Population of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Aggl

Last edited:

Ren84

Such ethnic specific casting is quite common in the entertainment and television industry. Just as I would see no problem with a casting agency looking for no Asians or Africans in a production for a Victorian England set period drama. This thread is just another right wing moan really.

Ren84

I don't care about your biased opinions, since you made a living off the 'multicult' diversity machine there, such as it is.
Do you happen to work in that arena now that yourself and your 'skills' are back here?

Toronto IS now a minority White city. And all the people I know, some of whom have lived there for over 40 years, confirm it.
In fact, there has been a major case of 'White flight' out of the major cities, just as there is in the USA, and for the same reasons.
So Toronto has now reverted to its previous status before all the white immigrants flooded in?

Kev408

Kev408 says:

:rolleyes:
I suppose I should have expected that the only type of poster who could actually achieve disingenuousness with an emoticon would be a racist. Rolling your eyes implies disdain but what you really feel is anger that the lies you've been spouting (both in the past and with your new narcissistic username) have been repeatedly debunked in the space of an hour. You're probably the least successful racist sock-puppet P.ie has ever witnessed. I genuinely hope you continue to post using any usernames you care to because, and I know this concept escapes your tiny mind, you actually do multi-culturalism a fairly decent service.

de valera's' giddy goat

i live in the GTA, city of Hamilton population 500,000 or thereabouts, vast majority of people here are white. I work in a town about 20km outside of Hamilton, overwhelmingly white, plus a large native reserve on the outskirts. I haven't seen one black person or indian indian in that town and i've been working there about 5 weeks now.
its when you go to suburban cities of Toronto, like Scarborough, Brampton and Mississauga, you begin to see a lot of diversity and perhaps even more non whites than whites

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies