• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Ahern: 'I was the most cunning and devious of them all'

JCR

From the horses mouth on Six 1. It was his answer to the question of how did he get away with not being caught hungover after a night on the booze. It raised a great auld laugh amongst his cronies all trying to get into shot. I think it might mean he is giving up on the presidency though maybe its the poster slogan. :p Isn't it a great little country all the same.

sue flanker

From the horses mouth on Six 1. It was his answer to the question of how did he get away with not being caught hungover after a night on the booze. It raised a great auld laugh amongst his cronies all trying to get into shot. I think it might mean he is giving up on the presidency though maybe its the poster slogan. :p Isn't it a great little country all the same.
Is he a sociopath as suggested recently on an other thread?

DCon

He looks pickled from drink.

pujols

It is the only appropriate answer to a smartass question like that.
Fair play to him.

rubensni

He was on the radio not so long ago, asked if he'd want the presidency:
"sure who wouldn't", he said, "there's a salary of 250 thousand euro."

Not even a pretense that he'd want it for the honour of the office, or the opportunity to serve, just the cash.

eoghanacht

This from a fella who as FM didn't own a bank account and signed blank cheque's for a know crook.

FakeViking

Yesterday's man. Forgotten but not quite gone. The only question for him is whether or not he should have in-cell sanitation.

johnfás

Wonder how he'll feel about getting written up as the worst Taoiseach in history.

iartaoiseach

Is he a sociopath as suggested recently on an other thread?
I ain't sure about a sociopath but if you have a look at the characteristics of a narcissist he fits neatly in there. the WHO lists them as shown below. the closer you get to all nine traits being present the more dangerous the narcissist apparently. I reckon Bertie has at least 8.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:
Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
Rarely acknowledges mistakes and/or imperfections
Requires excessive admiration
Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy: is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitude.

Luigi Vampa

Wonder how he'll feel about getting written up as the worst Taoiseach in history.
Are you for real ? Do you really think now that he's made millions for himself, his family and his cronies he gives a shít about that, or ever did ?

JCR

Still, its not surprising he can have a good auld joke at ruining the country, given the party he comes from - and he was probably off the pub after the pronouncement of his pathetic soon to be epitaph.

Ciarán Mac Mathghamhna

Most of you all loved him and voted for him. You get what you vote for.

This might be the most appropriate photograph of the lot - in terms of Ahern, Cowen and Haughey, the current debacle and their history.

I heard a story about Haughey being photographed somewhere, in front of a load of journalists. He refused to pose until a cup and saucer was brought - not a cup of tea, just a cup and saucer - and left on the table beside which he sat. It was a simple point - Haughey wouldn't dream of being photographed drinking, and he wanted his public image to emphasise that.

I think this photograph of Ahern is from a good few years back, but it could be interpreted as him claiming his lineage from Haughey, and not being able to keep a straight face of it. At any rate it underlines how far FF leaders have come, in terms of stature and statesmanship, especially when you continue on to the picture of Cowen slurping out of the raw pint not fully settled.

JCR

I ain't sure about a sociopath but if you have a look at the characteristics of a narcissist he fits neatly in there. the WHO lists them as shown below. the closer you get to all nine traits being present the more dangerous the narcissist apparently. I reckon Bertie has at least 8.

In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:
Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
Rarely acknowledges mistakes and/or imperfections
Requires excessive admiration
Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy: is unwilling or unable to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitude.
And there was I thinking he was just sozzled all the time like Cowen. .:) The above seems accurate enough though.

iartaoiseach

And there was I thinking he was just sozzled all the time like Cowen. .:) The above seems accurate enough though.
Scary stuff when you actually read it. explains much of his behaviour IMO. even scarier is the fact that most people were taken in by him and thought he was an ordinary guy. I have to thank the late great Dermot Morgan who wised me up before I was old enough to vote. he had the chancer sussed a long time ago as did CJH. takes one to know one where CJ was concerned.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies