• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Aherne family guests of honour at St Patrick's Day parade?

Male Nude Photographer

Bertie Aherne's son-in-law Nicky Byrne (formerly the tea-maker with Westlife) is Grand Marshall at this year's St Patrick's Day Parade.

Does this mean that the extended Aherne family will be guests of honour on the reviewing stand outside the GPO? :evil:

SeanieFitz

Bertie Aherne's son-in-law Nicky Byrne (formerly the tea-maker with Westlife) is Grand Marshall at this year's St Patrick's Day Parade.

Does this mean that the extended Aherne family will be guests of honour on the reviewing stand outside the GPO? :evil:
More luck to the lad. I doubt it very much if the Bert will appear, anyway one should not be blamed for the sins of the father, never mind the father in law!

Rocky

In fairness, the sins of the father (in law) should not be visited upon the son (in law)...
No you can't hold his father in law against him.

You can hold lots of other things against him, but that's not really relevant here.

ruserious

You've allocated an extra 'E' in his name. He'll claim extra expenses for that unless it is corrected!

ManOfReason

Wouldn't all his 'fans' be women in their middle twenties by now? Adel would be a much more popular and recognisable choice.

bonkers

The sins against music of the son in law, is pretty big too.
I doubt the chap had anything to do with music. He was there as a kind of filler in. Reckon he hasn't got a note in his head.

Rocky

Yes. He might be guilty of crimes against humanity, but he did not pretend to lodge money in a suitcase...
I'm not a fan of westlife either and that Voice of Ireland program is painful, but crimes against humanity is probably pushing it.

Bea C

I dunno if anybody else has mentioned this anywhere, but liveline opened with this.
An Irish lady who lives in Singapore was complaining about how the Irish are being portrayed via a big night in one of the city's biggest clubs this weekend.
The deal is lassies who show that their panties are green get a free drink: Happy St. Panties' Night :D

Pangaea Nights ‹ PANGAEA SINGAPORE

The caller regards this as both demeaning to women and to the Irish as a people.
It's such an appalling idea, it's like something you'd get in a dodgy Greek island club, even she herself pointed out how she'd never heard of even coppers being so bad!
I can't say if there's even a crossroads for the night in the venue...

cnocpm

I dunno if anybody else has mentioned this anywhere, but liveline opened with this.
An Irish lady who lives in Singapore was complaining about how the Irish are being portrayed via a big night in one of the city's biggest clubs this weekend.
The deal is lassies who show that their panties are green get a free drink: Happy St. Panties' Night :D

The caller regards this as both demeaning to women and to the Irish as a people.
It's such an appalling idea, it's like something you'd get in a dodgy Greek island club, even she herself pointed out how she'd never heard of even coppers being so bad!
Demeaning indeed,dodgy Greek island club.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
I know he's off the scene a long time, but if he's worth a thread, it's worth spelling his name right. Bah! :shock: After that can we really talk about low standards ... :confused:

Bertie Ahern ... he's not Royalty like Vincent Browne.

Felixunger

If the lads can have their tighty-whiteys, the girls can have their teeny-greenies.

Felixunger

I often wonder what is the point of prosperity if we choose to spend both our money and leisure time on rubbish like westlife, boyzone, il divo, brezzie.

I know that smacks of elitism, but I can't help it.

Fr.Ted Crilly

The sins against music of the son in law, is pretty big too.
Ah now, come on, Nicky Byrne does some good things.
My cousin was in a coma for 2 years until one day a westlife song came on the radio and she got up and turned the radio off!
A modern day miracle.:D

Bea C

Ah now, come on, Nicky Byrne does some good things.
My cousin was in a coma for 2 years until one day a westlife song came on the radio and she got up and turned the radio off!
A modern day miracle.:D
Jesus, what would one direction make her do :shock:

Fr.Ted Crilly

Jesus, what would one direction make her do :shock:
Probably make her wish she was still in the coma!
Lousy Nicky Byrne!!!!!:evil: