Al Qaida group threatens Christians

Aindriu

Wednesday November 03 2010
Al Qaida's front group in Iraq has threatened further attacks on Christians after a bloody siege on a Baghdad church earlier this week.
The Islamic State of Iraq has released a statement calling Christians "legitimate targets," saying that the "killing sword will not be lifted from ... their necks".
The statement comes after 58 people were killed in a siege on Sunday night when militants took 120 people hostage in a Catholic church.
The militants had been demanding the release of Muslim women they claimed were being held by the Coptic Christian church in Egypt.
The insurgent group said its deadline for the women's release had passed and that Christians are now legitimate targets wherever they can be hit.
Press Association
Link

I expect nothing less from the religion of 'peace'. It is time for moderate muslims all over the world to condem these fool. If they don't then they are complicit in their actions.

Last edited:

The Caped Cod

Do you have a link? I know the story is true but you should add a link to where you copy/pasted teh text from. You might also want to add an opinion or any actual text of your own. This is a poor excuse for an OP

Aindriu

@ Caped Cod. How long have you been a MOD????

Like the actions and slaughter of Catholics in Iraq over the weekend it will get little support on here.

P.ie users see Catholic church as evil and anything that doesn't correspond with that view is always ignored.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org

Aindriu

Like the actions and slaughter of Catholics in Iraq over the weekend it will get little support on here.

P.ie users see Catholic church as evil and anything that doesn't correspond with that view is always ignored.
I see all religion as evil. Still posted this though.

Cato

Time for Christians in Iraq to be offered asylum in other countries. Ireland should take their fair share too.

These actions by Muslim extremists are disgraceful and evil. The silence of moderate Muslims to these events and threats is a scandal.

Gardener

I expect nothing less from the religion of 'peace'. It is time for moderate muslims all over the world to condem these fool. If they don't then they are complicit in their actions.

How is a whole religion responsible for this? Shouldn't everyone be condeming this though and not just Muslims? Why just target Muslims??

Cato

Your persecution complex is rather unattractive. One can quite consistently view the RCC as corrupt and as a force of evil in the world and still condemn these actions.

The Caped Cod

@ Caped Cod. How long have you been a MOD????
I didn't say it as a Mod. It was a piss poor OP regardless for any user but thanks for changing it.

Indeed but I remember how when moderate muslums tried to condemn the beheading of hostages in Iraq one extremist cleric pointed out how Mohammed himself had beheaded 600 infidels as witnessed in the Koran and Hadiths and Mohammed is after all the perfect Muslum man...

I see all religion as evil.
Pretty much.

imokyrok

Time for Christians in Iraq to be offered asylum in other countries. Ireland should take their fair share too.

These actions by Muslim extremists are disgraceful and evil. The silence of moderate Muslims to these events and threats is a scandal.
Agree on the refugee angle. Not so sure about the rest. I've lost count of how often I read moderate Muslims complaining that they can't attract news coverage when they condemn such behaviour. I always find myself remembering back to what it was like to have to watch IRA scum kill and maim people in the name of our country.

Trampas

I've lost count of how often I read moderate Muslims complaining that they can't attract news coverage when they condemn such behaviour.

Our political and media classes have shown themselves to be at the beck and call of Clonskeagh whenever there is some celebration or other. I'm sure a press conference there would be very well attended. But don't hold your breath.

Trampas

How is a whole religion responsible for this? Shouldn't everyone be condeming this though and not just Muslims? Why just target Muslims??

Here's a clue:

Quran 9.5

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them. Take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war. "

p.s. Do spare us the biblical quotations.......unless of course they have some 21st century relevance.

Cato

Here's a clue:

Quran 9.5

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them. Take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war. "

PS Do spare us the biblical quotations.......unless of course they have some 21st century relevance.
I must say that it is great to be an atheist and to be in no way bound by such idiocy as the above, or indeed the idiocy from any other 'holy' book.

Trampas

I must say that it is great to be an atheist and to be in no way bound by such idiocy as the above, or indeed the idiocy from any other 'holy' book.

+1

.....although there is one "holy" book that we ignore at our peril.....

Cato

Would this have happened under Saddam?
No, it would not, but that is not really a justification for his rule.

eyeSpy

I used to be one of those atheists that had a pop at religions and people with faith any chance I got.
then I grew up.

Sync

It's hard to think of anyone in Iraq who doesn't genuinly meet the requirements for asylum. Baathists are discriminated against due to their political affiliations. Christians and Sunnis are under threat from Shia. People are under very real threat of torture and indefinite imprisonment without trial.

But I don't know what people expect from "Moderate Muslims". Every time something happens, you'll see a representative from a local mosque on the news saying "Violence is wrong, these attacks must stop" What more do people want? The vast majority don't agree with or condone violence. I don't see a need for them to engage in some self-flagellation every time there's an attack.

The people doing this are the ones responsible. Not the ordinary Muslim on the street.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies