• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Alan Cantwell, TV3...

ruserious

Alan must have flounced and now is back petunia

carruthers

That's very RTE. As the song says, you can check out, but you can never leave.

Dame_Enda

Reminds me of Tommy O'Brien. He doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

Last edited:

Deep Blue

Before Christmas Vincent Browne had him on to bid him a fond farewell. Yet Alan is still doing the news nearly three weeks later.

Is alan leaving or was I imagining the whole thing..?
Yes I seem to have the same feeling that it was all a weird dream that night...

I imagined that I heard him reminisce about his most memorable news moments.

Surely I must have been raving when I thought I heard him confuse the Costa Concordia cruise disaster with the Kursk nuclear submarine disaster; and Vinny's eyes getting that strange steely glint...

....and them getting even narrower when he said that 160 Chilean miners were rescued from the shaft; and Vinny cutting him dead before he gave any more statistics...:confused:

Silvio Dante

Yes I seem to have the same feeling that it was all a weird dream that night...

I imagined that I heard him reminisce about his most memorable news moments.

Surely I must have been raving when I thought I heard him confuse the Costa Concordia cruise disaster with the Kursk nuclear submarine disaster; and Vinny's eyes getting that strange steely glint...

....and them getting even narrower when he said that 160 Chilean miners were rescued from the shaft; and Vinny cutting him dead before he gave any more statistics...:confused:
...:D

skiii

He must have caught it from R.T.E.- FORGOTTEN BUT NOT GONE syndrome.

RahenyFG

Ah he's not that bad in spite of one or two gaffes outside of presenting TV3 News. At least he's not an overpaid RTE News wastrel.

jo9jo

Before Christmas Vincent Browne had him on to bid him a fond farewell. Yet Alan is still doing the news nearly three weeks later.

Is alan leaving or was I imagining the whole thing..?
There is a similar thread on boards.ie

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies