Alan Dukes to become Chairman of Anglo

athlonedub

The word on the street tonight is that Alan Dukes will be unveiled as the new Chairman of Anglo Irish Bank tomorrow. The current chairman Donal O'Connor has indicated a few months back that he had done his bit and time for the baton to be passed over.

Anybody any info on this?

hammer

Good move. We can now start the gradual wind down. It should only cost us about €30 billion. :)

Typical FF they only ever appoint their supporters and would never appoint someone from another party.

rubensni

Anglo Irish has always been the financial equivalent of the Irish Press. Putting a Fine Gaeler in charge is not going to change that perception.

Tomas Mor

Good move. We can now start the gradual wind down. It should only cost us about €30 billion. :)
Wonder there is not a job for Garrett Fitzgerald on it as well. Both he and Dukes backed it strongly.

hammer

Saw him on VB this week. Could be a good move because I think at the moment he might find it hard to sign any cheques :)

PaddyJoe McGillycuddy

'Chairman', 'public interest director',' safe pair of hands'. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Clearest indication yet that its not just FF who want to keep the cupboard door shut firmly on the Anglo skeletons.
Timing of the Seanie Fitz court action announcement and Elderfield's speech are interesting. Nice bit of choreography leading up to the publication of the Anglo record breaking losses and the decisions on recapitalisation. Government are trying to defuse the blowback on that to some extent.

MPB

Does this mean that Anglo is a different Bank and that the new man makes it an honest Bank.

Is the new man honest? Would an honest man, involve himself with a bank like Anglo?

charley

dukes appears to have become some sort of mercenary he'll do anything as long as he's paid TG4 feirm factor for example

wombat

dukes appears to have become some sort of mercenary he'll do anything as long as he's paid TG4 feirm factor for example
Don't knock it, I'd make a fool of myself too for his money. Regarding Anglo, its still broke.

H.R. Haldeman

Erm, so how has Dukes gone from being one of the few respected figures in Irish public life for people from all political persuasions, to suddenly being a nouveau(er?) Seanie out to lick FF ass and imperil the financial future of the country? Presumably for personal gain, and all in the space of 18 months or something. Someone fill in the blank for me please.

PaddyJoe McGillycuddy

Erm, so how has Dukes gone from being one of the few respected figures in Irish public life for people from all political persuasions, to suddenly being a nouveau(er?) Seanie out to lick FF ass and imperil the financial future of the country? Presumably for personal gain, and all in the space of 18 months or something. Someone fill in the blank for me please.
C'mon! Alan is part of the establishment and always will be. FG have always been part of the establishment. Garret the Good also had to go cap in hand to AIB over debts. Garrets's son is Fitzgerald of ERSI and the other son is an Estate Agent personfied. Don't think that FG haven't some skin in the game!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies