Alan Farrell TD - why wasn't he made a Minister?

Degeneration X

He is a star in the FG party, this generation x character is a disgruntled tool who sits on the officer board in Dublin Bay North angry that his people are been shafted.
I not a member of your party or your stinking officer boards. And if Farrell is a star he is an exceedingly dim one.

carlovian

He is a star in the FG party, this generation x character is a disgruntled tool who sits on the officer board in Dublin Bay North angry that his people are been shafted.
Shafted ?

Could they sue for damages?

Frank Castle

I see some posters liken him to Vito in The Sopranos. With Daly possibly moving to Europe Farrell is lucky as he will continue his useless contribution to society.

Degeneration X

Farrell probably cursing Bailey for putting his compo greed back in the spotlight.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Did he rise like a salmon in the box, wincing against the whiplash all the way.

Jayze. Tis almost like a Bert Trautmann story.

ruman

I not a member of your party or your stinking officer boards. And if Farrell is a star he is an exceedingly dim one.
I would have little time for James Reilly but he's an intellectual heavyweight compared to Farrell. Utterly useless

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Bodes well for the Ministerial expenses accounting, does it not? Perhaps fortunate that he wasn't a Minister given his interesting personal PR around compo claims.

Bearing in mind Irish politicians down the years have had all the ethical standing of a knackercamp when it comes to public money. Then again, in many cases, that's actually why they are in it.

Prester Jim

Farrell is hopeless, leaving aside the rumors of his private life, that's his business. As a TD I urge all FG voters to snub this clown.
I was behind himself and his family in a restaurant/pub in Kildare a few months ago. His back was to me so I didn't know it was him until they stood up to leave and I wanted to get a look at the guy who sat like a mouse through the meal, his wife though, she is very much in charge from the looks and sound of things. "Strong" woman shall we say. :oops:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Is that the wife who managed to be appointed, through stiff open competition I am sure, to be Alan's assistant on a taxpayer funded salary?

Completely ignoring advice from HQ on such appointments and pissing off his local constituency associations by being the first TD to break ranks and ignore the concerns about nepotist appointments?

Prester Jim

Is that the wife who managed to be appointed, through stiff open competition I am sure, to be Alan's assistant on a taxpayer funded salary?

Completely ignoring advice from HQ on such appointments and pissing off his local constituency associations by being the first TD to break ranks and ignore the concerns about nepotist appointments?
From what we saw of her, that was all her decision as she had Alan's balls in her purse. Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Degeneration X

He also tried to co-opt her to Fingal CC in his seat when he became a TD. FG locals thought it looked ill and declined her services.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies