Alan Kelly Rap

Supermanpolitician

Sweet Jesus this is brilliant! It would be less embarrassing if he were caught with a rent boy...the old fashioned way Labour used to embarrass themselves!

Odyessus

I couldn't bear to watch any more than the first 2 minutes. Imbecilic.

Kf

OMG!

Message, if their is one, is vote for Kelly - he likes rugby.....but for ages.

LDF

Looks like the chap has read the Royston Brady guide to getting elected.

mmrebel

That is seriously one of the funniest things i have seen ages.

wysiwyg

It's actually not so bad, until it gets personal about him.. the parts about the Government making a mess is catchy enough.. its where they stray into

"I know him he's sound as a pound"

"You see him on posters with a lovely tan"

"He couldn't get a job when he left college, so he went into politics"

That's where it became embarassing

Brenny

What the hell was that? Were labour and/or Alan Kelly actually aware of this. Worse still did they sanction it?

I guess it's only a laugh anyway, but Christ it was cheezy.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
What the hell was that? Were labour and/or Alan Kelly actually aware of this. Worse still did they sanction it?

I guess it's only a laugh anyway, but Christ it was cheezy.
It's launching at 11am tomorrow in Cork by Senator Kelly.

One of Ireland’s first ever political rap songs will be revealed by Labour MEP candidate Alan Kelly tomorrow.

Wednesday, 27 May
10am outside Clarion Hotel, Lapps Quay, Cork City

‘Don’t make the wrong choice – Vote Alan Kelly’ was written and recorded by Garry McCarthy (aka GMC), in support of the Labour campaign.

Speaking ahead of the launch, Senator Kelly said:

“It is a very entertaining, humorous song but with a very serious message portraying the anger that many people are feeling but also looking at using Europe as a mechanism to create jobs, so that we can get ourselves out of this recession.

“GMC has done an amazing job getting to the heart of a real issue in a way that is entertaining to young people who would not always have an interest in political matters.

“The song, ‘Don’t Make the Wrong Choice – Vote Alan Kelly’ was written by the renowned Garry McCarthy with music by famous Cork band ‘State of Jay’.

Mazzy Maz

Is it the man himself rapping or just a supporter?

scitilop

I have to say, taking into account the partisan auto-responses that virtually everything receives on this website, it looks like this has gone down very well around here!

It's a good laugh, a bit of light relief to the election and - shock horror - somebody doing something slightly different with a campaign. Fair played to Alan for this.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies