• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Albanian thugs on rampage again in Kosovo. Cemetries and churches attacked.

Partizan

In response to the Serbian authorities removing a controversial monument to the KLA affiliated, Liberation Army of Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa (UCPMB) in the southern Serbian town of Presevo yesterday - B92 - Info - Protest in southern town ends without incidents

Local Albanian youths went on the rampage last night and today attacking dozens of Serbian Orthodox cememteries smashing headstones across the occupied Serbian province of Kosovo.. A Church in Djakovica was attacked and a rocket was fired at Church in Decani. A memorial to the Yugoslav Partisans from WW2 was shot at and attacked. Last night in northern Kosovska Mitrovica, the local Serbian administrative government office was firebombed. Local Serbs have complained of police and NATO/KFOR forces inaction to the violence. Incidents in the southern town of Prizren as well.

Serbian news report
[video=youtube;7VVgkTPSeRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VVgkTPSeRM[/video]

B92 - News - Serb cemeteries, memorials desecrated in Kosovo

B92 - News - Terror group "issued call to destroy Serb church"

B92 - News - OSCE condemns "repeated desecration of Orthodox graveyards"

This has been part of an ongoing violent campaign by ethnic Albanians to rid Kosovo of its Serbs and Roma. Tensions are running high. On Friday a Serb shot dead one Albanian and seriously wounded another they both set foot on his property to steal wood. The Serb has gone to ground being hunted by local police.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes-article.php?yyyy=2013&mm=01&dd=19&nav_id=84240

Last edited:

Con Gallagher

In response to the Serbian authorities removing a controversial monument to the KLA affiliated, Liberation Army of Preševo, Bujanovac and Medveđa (UCPMB) in the southern Serbian town of Presevo yesterday - B92 - Info - Protest in southern town ends without incidents

Local Albanian youths went on the rampage last night and today attacking dozens of Serbian Orthodox cememteries smashing headstones across the occupied Serbian province of Kosovo.. A Church in Djakovica was attacked and a rocket was fired at Church in Decani. A memorial to the Yugoslav Partisans from WW2 was shot at and attacked. Last night in northern Kosovska Mitrovica, the local Serbian administrative government office was firebombed. Local Serbs have complained of police and NATO/KFOR forces inaction to the violence. Incidents in the southern town of Prizren as well.

Serbian news report
[video=youtube;7VVgkTPSeRM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VVgkTPSeRM[/video]

B92 - News - Serb cemeteries, memorials desecrated in Kosovo

B92 - News - Terror group "issued call to destroy Serb church"

B92 - News - OSCE condemns "repeated desecration of Orthodox graveyards"

This has been part of an ongoing violent campaign by ethnic Albanians to rid Kosovo of its Serbs and Roma. Tensions are running high. On Friday a Serb shot dead one Albanian and seriously wounded another they both set foot on his property to steal wood. The Serb has gone to ground being hunted by local police.

B92 - News - Serb suspected of killing one, injuring another Albanian
It's hard to take anyone who refers to Kosovo as "occupied Serbian province" seriously.
The Republic of Kosovo is recognized by Ireland, even if have zero respect for Kosovo's sovereignty, you should at least respect Ireland's sovereign choice to recognize states.

Partizan

It's hard to take anyone who refers to Kosovo as "occupied Serbian province" seriously.
The Republic of Kosovo is recognized by Ireland, even if have zero respect for Kosovo's sovereignty, you should at least respect Ireland's sovereign choice to recognize states.
Thats because it is according to UN Resolution 1244 and the Serbian Constitution, not the spineless Irish Government or Germany or the US. So Con by supporting this 'Kosovo Republic', you and the Irish Government are supporting revanchist Albanian ethno fascism. Ireland's choice to recognise this Mafia run hell hole came under pressure from our so called European partners.

Iphonista

Thats because it is according to UN Resolution 1244 and the Serbian Constitution, not the spineless Irish Government or Germany or the US. So Con by supporting this 'Kosovo Republic', you and the Irish Government are supporting revanchist Albanian ethno fascism. Ireland's choice to recognise this Mafia run hell hole came under pressure from our so called European partners.
Of course, when it was run by the Serbs it was a paradise of inter communal tolerance?

Basically, it was under Serb control, they oppressed the majority Albanians and lost it.

True Republican

i support kosovan independence, however, i'd like to know is there as islamist element in the kosovan government. Also they do need to crack down on the extremists who are attacking ethnic serbians.

Last edited:

Truth.ie

Albanians, Kosovans, Macedonians...
The phrase, "Good fences make good neighbours" was never more apt as in that region.
I think the Serbs got a raw deal in that conflict by NATO.
Then I noticed almost every country attacked by NATO in the last decade has been left-leaning, former Soviet allies.
Serbia, Iraq, Libya, Syria.
You have to wonder did the Cold War really end?

Last edited:

Partizan

i support kosovan independence, however, i'd like to know is there as islamist element in the kosovan government. Also they do need to crack down on the extremists who are attacking ethnic serbians.
There isn't. The majority of Albanians are only nominally Muslim, in that they rarely, if at all practice their religion. They are a secular lot. However their nationalism and their tolerance towards those who are non Albanian leaves alot to be desired.

Hitch 22

There isn't. The majority of Albanians are only nominally Muslim, in that they rarely, if at all practice their religion. They are a secular lot. However their nationalism and their tolerance towards those who are non Albanian leaves alot to be desired.
Of course. Serb nationalism and Serb tolerance leaves a lot to be desired too. Ethnic and religious hatred has no place in modern Europe. The experience of conflict resolution in Ireland means there is a lot this country can do to help post conflict societies move on.

dunno

The KLA have some vicious elements low life thugs and even an organ thief or two. However, 'occupied Serbian province' is just silly. The overwhelming majority of the people there are Albanian, and they chose to eject their existing rulers. There is an element on the radical left who are pro anyone who opposes NATO, so any toerag like Bashar 'deserted by his Mammy and wive' Assad, Saddam Hussein, or Slobodan Milosevic get their backing. This will be in spite of the people they back being reactionary, ultra-nationalist political and ethnic chauvinists.

Iphonista

Kosovo: under Serb rule

In the hospitals there are shortages of medical supplies and in particular incubators. Where facilities exist, Serbian patients are given priority in receiving them. One woman who gave birth in the state run hospital in Pristina said she had gone because she was afraid to give birth at home, but had no money to go to a private clinic.28 However at the hospital, ëthere were no painkillers at all and no oxygen. No blankets or sheets. I brought my own blanket. I saw a Serbian woman next to me with an electric heater, blankets and painkillers, but the nurse told me she had orders not to let Albanian women have those thingsí (Friend 1993).

In the first six months of 1995, 437 of the 3,314 babies born in the state run maternity clinic in Pristina, where there are no Albanian doctors working, died (BBC SWB 5/10/95). During the same period, 16 mothers have died in the clinic, compared with 14 in the whole of 1994. The Kosovoan newspaper, Bujku (Farmer), states that women are being used as the subjects of medical experimentation by Serbian doctors, in particular they are being trained on by unqualified Serbian doctors. Reports indicate a number of unnecessary hysterectomies and sterilisations without consent at Pristina state clinic. Furthermore, woman also state they have given birth to healthy babies, only to be told later that they are dead or in serious ill health
http://www.bridge.ids.ac.uk/reports/re35c.pdf

Partizan

Of course. Serb nationalism and Serb tolerance leaves a lot to be desired too. Ethnic and religious hatred has no place in modern Europe. The experience of conflict resolution in Ireland means there is a lot this country can do to help post conflict societies move on.
Serbia is the most multiethnic of the former Yugoslav republics which are largely homogenous. Go figure.

Partizan

The KLA have some vicious elements low life thugs and even an organ thief or two. However, 'occupied Serbian province' is just silly. The overwhelming majority of the people there are Albanian, and they chose to eject their existing rulers. There is an element on the radical left who are pro anyone who opposes NATO, so any toerag like Bashar 'deserted by his Mammy and wive' Assad, Saddam Hussein, or Slobodan Milosevic get their backing. This will be in spite of the people they back being reactionary, ultra-nationalist political and ethnic chauvinists.
So under your reasoning, once an ethnic minority becomes a majority in a given area of one country, they can secede from the larger metropolitan power. I'd like to see your reaction when that scenario is played out in many states in Europe, US and around the world.

Partizan

Based on heresay from a local newspaper. Of course Yugoslavia at the time had just emerged from a series of economic and political sanctions and was not exactly in the rudest of health.

It comes back to the fact that many liberals like you and others here who are the first to wax lyrical about 'democracy' and 'human rights' cant even bring yourselves to condemn what is going on due to your inherent, inbuilt racism against Serbs and Roma whereas myself has condemned violence and murder from all sides.

Then again I take pity on your types having gone through the best part of two decades of relentless brainwashing by the Western media organs.

Picasso Republic

Serbian tolerence for its neighbours and ethnic minorities has never been good and less so these days with an almost neo-nazi thuggish foot soldiers of their ultra nationalist groups.

Kosova did the right thing a few years ago and I'm sure the oppressed Hungarians of Vojvodina in the north would love to re-draw their border.

Serbians only have themselves to blame for all the 'misery' which has rained down on them. They have treated their minorities very very badly for decades.

Serbians need a major psychological makeover before they will be fit to share a piece of ground with any other culture.

Partizan

The Destruction of the memorial to the anti-fascist WW2 Yugoslav Partisan fighters in the town of Kosovska Vitica by Albanian fascists. Notice the local police standing around doing SFA.

[video=youtube;p56x40z-q3I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p56x40z-q3I[/video]

[h=1]Smrt fašizmu[/h]

Iphonista

So under your reasoning, once an ethnic minority becomes a majority in a given area of one country, they can secede from the larger metropolitan power. I'd like to see your reaction when that scenario is played out in many states in Europe, US and around the world.
Isn't that how the Serbs won their independence?

Anyway, if that ethnic group is subjected to ethnic and cultural cleansing and genocide by stealth, then they're entitled to take whatever action is needed to defend themselves - including secession.

The Serbs messed up - royally. They could have negotiated with the moderate Ibrahim Rugova and allowed the Kosovars some autonomy. But no, they wanted it all, an Albanian-rein Kosova. And they lost it all. Boo boo.

dunno

I think you know the difference. Basques in France might be a possible majority in Gascony, or some definite geographic area, but they do not desire to secede. The Albanians wanted to secede from a tyrannical state which had lost most of its territory in spite of massacres like Srebrenica and military aggressive assaults on civilian areas. Serbia was visiting its rage at its loses on the Albanians. Tyrannical states lose the rights, most states are accorded. If a state is tyrannical towards a population who are a majority in a definite geographic area, then they have every right to secede. Decent states don't terrorise minorities, and even give the right to decide whether they want to leave or not, without violence.

Popular Threads

Most Replies