• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

'Alive' priest getting destroyed on Liveline

Colin M

Anyone else listening?

Fr Brian McKevitt making a lousy defence of his magazine's 'Herod' description of the Taoiseach. One of the callers angry with him is a devout Catholic before the suspects here claim it is a liberal/secular set up. More emerging now about the stance of Alive's magazine. Joe slowly letting the priest dig his own grave, like Joe tends to do.

Great hour or so for the pro-abortion side, even if the likes of 'Alive' are not representative of everyone against abortion.

IbrahaimMohamad

They insist on shoving their paper through people's doors even when requested not to do so!

amsterdemmetje

The guy who's on now is a pro lifer and a Catholic and has spoken nothing but sense on the subject since the beginning of the show. The Dominican Priest however continues to do what the church keeps doing, alienating its own followers.

pippakin

Excellent news. I'm almost salivating at how close we are to getting to be able to scrape and suction those babies out of wombs up and down the country.
You probably have a clinic near you if you want to check because at the moment all Irish women who need an abortion have to go to England to get it.

Excellent news. I'm almost salivating at how close we are to getting to be able to scrape and suction those babies out of wombs up and down the country.
I've got a franchise set up already. I've only two regions available but there's gold in dem thar bumps.

If you want in you've got to let me know by Friday.

Prospectus available on request, and be aware that the beverage element for all franchise operators has already been awarded to Starbucks, so expect some logos on the suction equipment.

Dame_Enda

RTE's reputation (?) for impartiality on this issue is once more being destroyed.

FrankSpeaks

I've got a franchise set up already. I've only two regions available but there's gold in dem thar bumps.

If you want in you've got to let me know by Friday.

Prospectus available on request, and be aware that the beverage element for all franchise operators has already been awarded to Starbucks, so expect some logos on the suction equipment.
Nilfisk, Miele, Hoover or Dyson?

Ryan Tubbs

I think it's kinda funny how Joe Duffy has spent the last 3 weeks allowing frenzied personal attacks on Enda Kenny and the Government for the property tax, the Magdalenes, the disability transport issue etc..............(Duffy himself alleged last Thursday that Kenny's assurances on the funding being ring-fenced out-and-out lies).

But then rows in to give a stern and hysterical defence of Kenny on the abortion issue.

Why is that I wonder? Could it be personal bias on that issue? From JOE DUFFY?? Surely not!!!

Grumpy Jack

RTE's reputation (?) for impartiality on this issue is once more being destroyed.
Since when has Liveline ever been about impartiality? It's a radio lynch mob - with Joe Duffy whipping up the bloodlust of the crowd.

And it all depends on whether we like or loath the poor sod in the noose if we clap and cheer or sneer and jeer*.

For the record, today I was clapping and cheering as that mad oul fascist priest was stung up!

H.R. Haldeman

How much longer must society put up with the bigotry and intolerance of the religious?

When do we call time on our children being brainwashed with religion at primary school when they are too young to know better or decide for themselves?

How much longer can people be allowed advocate discrimination against gay people in society without it being called out for what it is, which is bigotry?

How much longer must we accept demands from religions that their beliefs be respected whilst their positions on women are openly misogynistic?

Why do these people get a pass on this stuff just because their intolerance is labelled "religion"?

White Horse

When I started listening, I thought Fr. McKevitt was going to be taken apart for the clumsy and hyperbolic inference that Enda Kenny was a modern day Herod.

However, my lasting impression from the programme was the bitter, vitriolic, and biased diatribe from Joe Duffy.

How much do taxpayers pay this man? He was embarrassing to listen to.

Clanrickard

One of the callers angry with him is a devout Catholic before the suspects here claim it is a liberal/secular set up. .
And I suppose you can tell whether or not this is true by listening to him on the radio.