• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Alleged New IRA Grouping Remove Convicted Smack Dealer from their Prison Wing.

Dublin 4

An alleged IRA man and convicted drug dealer has been kicked out of the dissident republicans' E3 landing in Portlaoise
EAMON McNamee (32), who was sentenced to five years in jail over a major drugs haul, is one of eight men charged at the Special Criminal Court with membership of the IRA on Easter Sunday.

IRA kicks heroin dealer off its landing in prison - Herald.ie

This is quite incredible - either this alleged splinter group are up to their necks in the Drugs Game or are wide open to infiltration.

Of course this is all alleged & there may not have been any splinter group & all are innocent until proven otherwise.

If any of those remanded are in fact convicted - what would it say about this group of Dissenting Republicans?

Are they just well meaning lost souls who should be talked in from the cold & persuaded to go political.

Are they just hoodlums?

The worst case scenario is that they are a mixture of both - that would make it harder for many people to stomach dealing with them.

This incident seemed to pop up at an unfortunate time for the Irish Economy & Eurozone Crisis.

The last thing we need now in the middle of this Economic mess is a re-invigorated IRA Grouping.

Fair play to anyone who plays a latter day John Hume - I'd talk to them tomorrow if it could save lives.

Beachcomber

This is quite incredible - either this alleged splinter group are up to their necks in the Drugs Game or are wide open to infiltration.

Of course this is all alleged & there may not have been any splinter group & all are innocent until proven otherwise.

If any of those remanded are in fact convicted - what would it say about this group of Dissenting Republicans?

Are they just well meaning lost souls who should be talked in from the cold & persuaded to go political.

Are they just hoodlums?

The worst case scenario is that they are a mixture of both - that would make it harder for many people to stomach dealing with them.

This incident seemed to pop up at an unfortunate time for the Irish Economy & Eurozone Crisis.

The last thing we need now in the middle of this Economic mess is a re-invigorated IRA Grouping.

Fair play to anyone who plays a latter day John Hume - I'd talk to them tomorrow if it could save lives.

Why not both?

They are IR scum. Why should anyone bother talking to them? Let them all end up in jail, or dead.

General Urko

It really needs to be emphasised harshly to these retard pretend republicans that the war is over!:cool:

dresden8

It really needs to be emphasised harshly to these retard pretend republicans that the war is over!:cool:
Do you want people you despise and think shouldn't be doing this kind of thing to do this kind of thing for you?

theloner

They are IR scum. Why should anyone bother talking to them? Let them all end up in jail, or dead.
Aren't you a bitter little lemon, or should that be orange?:D

Dublin 4

Why not both?

Why should anyone bother talking to them? Let them all end up in jail, or dead.
I'm not their defence lawyer Beach - it could be both or they could be innocent of both.

They kill others on the way to jail sometimes.

I don't like to hear about such deaths continuing in any way shape or form...

picador

Are they just hoodlums?

I suppose it's never occurred to you the guy may be innocent of the IRA charge?

Dublin 4

I suppose it's never occurred to you the guy may be innocent of the IRA charge?
From the OP

The other logical alternatives are predicated upon convictions...

Lando Calrissian

Dosnt help when 3rd rate journos from joke newspapers refer to them as 'IRA' .
The use of that title should be questioned more often.
Seems any muppet can use it with relative credulity.
The prefix 'self proclaimed' should be emphasized more often.

DownTheyGo

Are they just hoodlums?

There are dissidents. Then there are those who are not dissidents. When the media understands the differentce and manages to start getting it right, then, maybe, I might have more to say. What the meedeea is absolutely missing here is the radical potential to do good. But hey; we're only talking about the IRA.....

pippakin

Why not leave them where they are that would save lives unless they got bored and killed each other. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Dublin 4

There are hundreds in the Dissident Groups - if guilty they could sync with them.

We don't know how many are in any potential new group.