Almost 7,000 now homeless. What is the answer?

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com

Hans Von Horn

Government are ‘ideologically incapable’ of solving homeless crisis - Fr McVerry
Comments come after a CSO report found almost 7000 homeless in Ireland

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/government-are-ideologically-incapable-of-solving-homeless-crisis-fr-mcverry-1.3183610

To end Homelessness, we must amend the Constitution to curtail the protection on Private Property. Legislation alone cannot bring the response required: http://******/2vprMwZ

More whinging nonsense about homelessness.

The Field Marshal

fr mc verry, a jesuit priest like his boss , the anti pope fr bergoglio, are both stalinist style communists working to destroy the right to private ownership of goods and property.

I advise all catholics to shun these impostors.

The_SR

Why do we need a referendum to tax unused property?

FG ball sweat to me

Spanner Island

CPOs at agricultural value of zoned land that hasn't been developed would get things moving.

Use it or lose it.

Hans Von Horn

Why do we need a referendum to tax unused property?

FG ball sweat to me
If you can't feed em and house em don't breed em.

the secretary

Move all homeless people in Dublin out of there asap.
Things are much more affordable in the rural counties.

TheField

Start by getting rid of the multiple homeless quangos and charities that suck up public monies and feed off the problem. Use the money instead to build accommodation hubs.

Florence

There are 20,000 + undocumented/illegals here according to the immigration quangos. Make it compulsory for these quangos to report these people. Deport them. This will surely free up a lot of rented accommodation?

mr_anderson

The Field Marshal

CPOs at agricultural value of zoned land that hasn't been developed would get things moving.

Use it or lose it.
I am certain there is unused undeveloped space in your dwelling house.
Most posters on this site would lie to see that unused space of yours cpo,d first.

Since you don't give a damm about rights to private property this should not bother you.

The_SR

fr mc verry, a jesuit priest like his boss , the anti pope fr bergoglio, are both stalinist style communists working to destroy the right to private ownership of goods and property.

I advise all catholics to shun these impostors.
Broken record time again. The Christian charity oozes forth

bokuden

CPOs and tenure and rent certainty for tenants. It won't happen though as long as FG are in power. I heard Colm Brophy on radio today comletely shooting down all suggestions that didn't involve encouaging more building, and then he had the gall to get upset when it was suggested that his party's policies were actually responsible for the crisis.

The Field Marshal

More ignorance from this right wing loon. No one gets free housing.
But they get highly subsided housing which is essentially the same thing.

The working taxpayer has to pay for this largesse that has been distributed in the hundreds of millions by Irelands local authorities over many many decades.

Get your facts right before exposing your lack of knowledge again.

Hans Von Horn

We now can't house working poor. Your right wing model has failed. Off the stage please.
The lefty notions of restricting the right to build homes anywhere has failed to deliver a proper market economy.

New Threads

Most Replies