• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Alt Máire Killoran

JCSkinner said:
Look, I know it's the Gaeilge forum, but is it fair enough for someone to tell me what she said in English, as I don't speak Irish?
No problem. Bear with me and Ill translate it for you.

Conghaileach

Well, for starters, she said “Níl mise ag iarraidh go mbeidh an ciste ag feidhmiú i ngeiteo.” ('I don't want the fund to be operating in a ghetto', in reference to West Belfast.)

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Let me get this straight (and again, apologies for the English in the Gaeilge forum). Former TG4 hackette from Carlow goes to Belfast, nails plum local Quango job then pisses on the very people she has been broadcasting for?
Ghetto is serious language in those parts.

Conghaileach

JCSkinner said:
Let me get this straight (and again, apologies for the English in the Gaeilge forum). Former TG4 hackette from Carlow goes to Belfast, nails plum local Quango job then pisses on the very people she has been broadcasting for?
Ghetto is serious language in those parts.
She also attacked the standard of Irish in the area and the quality of Irish-medium education. Then she complained that too many Irish speakers in the North are Republicans (personally I think their politics are of no concern to her).

As a civil servant she should not be able to get away with the public statements she's been coming out with.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Truly out of order. Is McGimpsey a Republican? My nipper isn't and she's a fluent gaeilgeoir (sp.?).
Presumably her Irish is not the same form as that spoken in the North? Would that not explain why she detects differences?
But the inflammatory language is unnecessary, and her point is not well made.

sean1

Website
www.gaelport.com
B'fhéidir go raibh sí ceart faoin méid a dúirt sí faoin Ghaeilge atá ag Gerry Adams.

Níl a fhios agam faoin caighdéan Gaeilge a tá ag cuid dena muinteoirí sna Gaelscoileanna ansin. Nílim ag rá go bhfuil sí mícheart. Tá droch muinteoirí i ngach áit.

Dalta

Bhí cúig mhúinteoir im scoil Béarla agus ba chac iad go léir. Nílim a rá nach raibh siad ró-mhaith, bhí siad ina iomlán go huafásach mar múinteoirí. Níor mhúin mo cheannsa grammadach ar bith. Bhí sé ag múineadh Gaeilge Ardleibhéal agus níor mhúin sé grammadach! Agus na cinn eile, níor mhúin siad ar bith, ní sí le rá nár mhúinteoirí maith iad, go díreach, níor mhúin siad ar bith.

Sin Caighdeán Múinteoirí atá againne.

Fear Rua

An bhfuil an bhean seo anois i mbun Comóradh Céad bliain 1916 ?