• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Alternativ für Deutschland slowly imploding

Prof Honeydew

I said that most of their radical politicians like Höcke are from the East, and those have been gaining more and more influence during the last year. And leading politicians like Gauland were candidates in East Germany where they most of their sympathizers during the last federal election.
Most of them may now base themselves in areas of the former DDR but the AfD is overwhelmingly dominated by bourgeois Wessis. In addition to those listed in my previous post, Höcke is from Westfalen and worked as a teacher in Hessen before moving east to Thüringen less than ten years ago. Muhsal, another leading light in the Thüringen AfD, is also from Westfalen before she started studying in Jena in 2005. Uwe Brunßen, one of their leaders in Berlin, is from Niedersachsen and became a naturalised British citizen in 2007 (betcha he's now questioning the wisdom of that move) when he changed his name to Hugh Bronson. Glaser, the AfD's candidate for German President last year, is from Worms, near Frankfurt. One-time Maoist Gedeon, their expert in anti-semitism, is from Cham in Bavaria.

Poggenburg is the only nationally significant member of the AfD who could be described as a genuine Ossi. Meurich, the only other one of note to make it into the Bundestag last year, left the party with Petry in protest at the move to the far right and now sits as an independent.

Last edited:

Tacitus

AfD just happens to have 92 seats in your federal parliament along with 1 MEP. That's more than a tiny but vocal minority. Surely you recognise their democratic rights or would you want AfD and similar banned?
I'll give the voters of the AfD the benefit of a doubt, at least a few I know don't believe in the indeology of e.g. Höcke. My hope is that they will reconsider their allegiance once it becomes clear in which direction the AfD developes. And what has banning the AfD to do with what I have written?

@ Prof Honeydew : I stand corrected, I did not know about Höcke's origin.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
German law is in a Denazification-era timewarp. These laws were invented by a generation that lived through the war, and continued to fear the inner Nazi in Germans would resurface if they were allowed to discuss ethnic issues. I think that danger has long since departed and the AFD are a conservative nationalist - but not Nazi - party. The speech codes need to be lessened to the levels seen in countries like Ireland.
Among the many pieces of nonsense in this post is the sly implication it contains that neo-Nazis do not form part of the membership of AfD. The fact is that they have attracted in lots of people formerly in such neo-Nazi parties as the NPD and have done nothing at all to purge themselves of them or dissociate themselves from them. This is not a moderate conservative nationalist party -- it's something quite a lot more sinister.

jmcc

I'll give the voters of the AfD the benefit of a doubt, at least a few I know don't believe in the indeology of e.g. Höcke. My hope is that they will reconsider their allegiance once it becomes clear in which direction the AfD developes. And what has banning the AfD to do with what I have written?
It is easier for the centrist parties to use this kind of legislation to ban those parties with which they disagree. While that is not the intent of the legislation, such legislation generally ends up being used like a hammer when these centrist parties find their seats under threat.

RasherHash

Why are you not banned.Trolling threads and adding nothing except abuse. Can't believe you were a mod on this forum.
Careful, his mates will censor you if you say something they don't like :)

RasherHash

AfD just happens to have 92 seats in your federal parliament along with 1 MEP. That's more than a tiny but vocal minority. Surely you recognise their democratic rights or would you want AfD and similar banned?
These liberals are so illiberal, they want to ban everything they disagree with and overturn votes that go against them :(

CookieMonster

Why are you not banned.Trolling threads and adding nothing except abuse. Can't believe you were a mod on this forum.
Who did I abuse? You are a tedious c**t, using sad american ant-right phrases because you haven't the wit or nous to come up with something either original or worth engaging with. It's tiresome shíte.

GDPR

It is easier for the centrist parties to use this kind of legislation to ban those parties with which they disagree. While that is not the intent of the legislation, such legislation generally ends up being used like a hammer when these centrist parties find their seats under threat.
People always say that "such legislation" tends to or is "generally" used in such a manner by centrist parties, but then forget that the German experience proves no such thing (quite the contrary) and that it isn't the government who get to decide on such matters but Germany's independent judiciary, specifically the Bundesverfassungsgericht.

GDPR

Among the many pieces of nonsense in this post is the sly implication it contains that neo-Nazis do not form part of the membership of AfD. The fact is that they have attracted in lots of people formerly in such neo-Nazi parties as the NPD and have done nothing at all to purge themselves of them or dissociate themselves from them. This is not a moderate conservative nationalist party -- it's something quite a lot more sinister.
Wait, wait wait. Are you saying that it isn't normal for a moderate "conservative nationalist" party to see its cadres:

- Try to rehabilitate Nazi terminology;
- advocate disposing people with whom you disagree and who are from a different ethnic background;
- argue against the "creation of mixed peoples";
- express sympathy for, if not outright praise, an openly neo-nazi organization;
- call for the repression of homosexuals;
- call for pride in the Wehrmacht;
- have Reichsbürger-like views;
- deny the Holocaust;
- rail against the Holocaust memorial and the remembrance of Nazi crimes;
- argue some should not be allowed to enjoy the freedom of religion;
- etc

You're saying this is not normal? Gasp!

Tacitus

So is Merkel likely to be able to form a coalition or even a minority government or is Germany heading to the polls again?
She at least got one step closer to forming a government.

German lawmakers reach breakthrough in talks to form a new government

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/12/german-coalition-breakthrough-in-talks-to-form-a-government.html

German history has proven the opposite. The stakes for banning a political party are very high (and the German Constitutional Court has recently even put them higher). The AfD is in no danger of being banned for the racist remarks of its' politicians, otherwise the NPD would have been banned long time ago.

Nor can the AfD playing the victim card here. If you want to be seen as a party right of the CDU, yet nowhere near to the NPD, you should not have politicians in your party who call other people "Half-breed n*ggers".

Kommunist

Death to fascism.

Dame_Enda

SPD breaking promise not to do another coalition with Merkel. Polls show majority oppose this Grand Coalition.

blinding

I wouldn't vouch for every AfD politician though.
Be careful vouching for any politician . What are any / most of them behind the facade .

I suggest that there are more self serving than we realise .