Alternative Solution to the NI issue

fluffykontbiscuits

How about this.

Ulster becomes a seperate entity in itself with a self governing legislature . The British government gives them a parachute payment of a few billion (they own it they can give them the money) and the new country can begin issuing their own passports. All armies are withdrawn and they can use the Euro in line with the vast majority of the EU. People are entitled to dual nationality or even create a special passport in itself for the residents of the country. Languages are declared to be English,Irish and Ulster Scots with perhaps a new language being created to cross the cultural divide.

Feel free to punch holes in the idea but I think its worth it....As Carlsberg says ....

Risteard

Firstly Ulster has nine counties (not six). Secondly, everyone in the Six Occupied Counties is opposed to the EU and the Euro. Thirdly, we are not dual nationals. We are Irish. We are from Ireland.

Your absolutely idiotic idea will only prolong guerilla warfare.

Fir Bolg

How about this.

Ulster becomes a seperate entity in itself with a self governing legislature . The British government gives them a parachute payment of a few billion (they own it they can give them the money) and the new country can begin issuing their own passports. All armies are withdrawn and they can use the Euro in line with the vast majority of the EU. People are entitled to dual nationality or even create a special passport in itself for the residents of the country. Languages are declared to be English,Irish and Ulster Scots with perhaps a new language being created to cross the cultural divide.

Feel free to punch holes in the idea but I think its worth it....As Carlsberg says ....
Are you 14? Looking forward to 3rd year?

fluffykontbiscuits

Firstly Ulster has nine counties (not six). Secondly, everyone in the Six Occupied Counties is opposed to the EU and the Euro. Thirdly, we are not dual nationals. We are Irish. We are from Ireland.

Your absolutely idiotic idea will only prolong guerilla warfare.
Guerilla warfare would only continue unless people like you soften your attitude and take some sort of pro active approach. To me you are not Irish, you're dual citizens, if you identify as being Irish thats your decision, I think you will find I can call you both as you are legally entitled to both nationalities. Love the way you call it occupied, adds some sort of romanticism to the whole idea does it? Lets be honest if everyone washed their hands of it and left it to yourselves you would all be forced to stop playing charades and start talking ? Yeah?

SevenStars

As Merle said calls for seperation from Westminister even if they dont involve ending partition from the PUL community must be taken seriously and engaged with by Republicans....It is a huge step in the right direction.

Risteard

I don't recognise you as Irish fluffykontbiscuits. I recognise you as Westbritish and believe that your leave to remain in Ireland should be revoked.

ItsEvolution

Guerilla warfare would only continue unless people like you soften your attitude and take some sort of pro active approach. To me you are not Irish, you're dual citizens, if you identify as being Irish thats your decision, I think you will find I can call you both as you are legally entitled to both nationalities. Love the way you call it occupied, adds some sort of romanticism to the whole idea does it? Lets be honest if everyone washed their hands of it and left it to yourselves you would all be forced to stop playing charades and start talking ? Yeah?
To me your a dub and that’s below anything on this island, you talk about softening attitudes look at yourself first you don’t even know how insulting you are when you declare an Irish man from the north to be a brit.

British Citizen

Wouldn't that be great though. Do this and then have a referendum on Unity and hey presto.
Hey presto, you'd still be nowhere near a majority....

:rolleyes:

British Citizen

I was talking about Ulster:roll:
I know! You'd need the other three counties to have populations of 200,000 (of voting age) each to get you over the line AND FOR THOSE 200,000 PEOPLE IN EACH TO SUPPORT A UI.

You still wouldn't get the right result numpty!

It might be hard for your little sectarian brain to understand this but:

Catholic does not = pro-United Ireland.....

British Citizen

Look at all the stains on that graph you have been havin alot of fun :rolleyes:
Pathetic trolling.

You must be angry your utopian United Ireland is slipping further and further away with every year of peace in NI.....

TimBuckII

Twitter
Yes I am
I know! You'd need the other three counties to have populations of 200,000 (of voting age) each to get you over the line AND FOR THOSE 200,000 PEOPLE IN EACH TO SUPPORT A UI.

You still wouldn't get the right result numpty!

It might be hard for your little sectarian brain to understand this but:

Catholic does not = pro-United Ireland.....
I'm not sectarian some of my best friends are sectarian.

British Citizen

fluffykontbiscuits

I don't recognise you as Irish fluffykontbiscuits. I recognise you as Westbritish and believe that your leave to remain in Ireland should be revoked.

You are correct there Risteard, Im a European, always will be....

ItsEvolution said:
To me your a dub and that’s below anything on this island, you talk about softening attitudes look at yourself first you don’t even know how insulting you are when you declare an Irish man from the north to be a brit.
My personal opinion on someones nationality has no reflection on them as a person. If I was to insult him personally now that would be actually insulting him. I find it strange that someone with Evolution in there name wouldnt be interested in suggesting ways of moving forward.....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies