American Militias : the footsoldiers of the Trump New Order

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
American militias are so off the wall that even the most rabid right-wingers on the Republican Right have never dreamed of trying to co-opt them. The Patrician Right and Big Business would turn up their noses at them. Short of the abolition of the FBI, the National Parks Service and the Internal Revenue Service the militias will continue to be suspicious of a government of any shade in Washington.

firefly123

I heard Trump is responsible for Cancer, AIDS, 9/11 and the FF party.
I believe he developed AIDS from the HPV.
Remember as the man said himself . dodging STDs was his Vietnam.

GDPR

The dragging on of the post USA Presidential elections hysteria is a bit too much.

Alphonse

Perhaps Trump is not the cause he is the effect ? If by militia you mean armed or organized groups outside of the law then I don't see why trump would need them when he has many legal and official law enforcement bodies at his disposal such as the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the US military. I am not sure of the point of your post except to critique America.

Analyzer

I wasn't criticising. I was imagining. Subtle difference, I know.
Actually, you were making all sorts of insinuations. So, strictly speaking, you were not criticising. And indeed you were doing a lot of imagining. In fact much of it is lazy, because you are rattling out more cliches than Hillary denouncing deplorables.

I really don't care for a bunch of weekend warriors playing toy soldier. However, you are conspiracy nut about groups who include a few conspiracy nuts themselves.

Are you trying to out-conspiracy-nut the conspiracy nuts ?

Trainwreck

American Militias have always been a fringe feature of the United States.

Empowered by the ageing Constitutional right to bear arms with few restrictions up to and including military standard, and presumably frustrated at a lack of expression of their potential firepower, non-military citizens have formed groups of armed, uniformed, trained paramilitaries and consider themselves to be as American as apple pie or monster trucks (but presumably not as American as jazz and ethnic diversity).

Hundreds already exist across the United States, and have done so for long enough to be considered endemic, in the way you never quite lose that viral infection residing down there. While it's not showing its face, you live on without it, but florescence under stress must be considered to be a real possibility at any time.

When Bannon and Trump captured the American throne in 2016, among my first thoughts was that they had thousands of soldiers ready willing and able to cause havoc when the time came. Clearly the activation of these cells must be done with preparation of public mood and timing of action. Because when one will rise, they will all rise.

Capturing America requires power from the barrel of a gun, as it did in the past of civil strife, when America of slavery began the journey to become America of equality. Led by wealthy elites, the new Trump Order stands to lose nothing from civil strife, and astonishing amounts to gain from corporate carpet bagging. Financial partners overseas have never had more money to sink into acquisition of assets in a time of disorder, the levers of power are being simplified and centralised as never before.

What role will America's militias play in the future Trump Order? How will the average American white anger merchant increasingly inured to denigration of coloured people, migrants and Muslims feel that their patriotic Irregular soldiers have a part to play in the reshaping of America? Will militias be regularised? Will they be a card to play to cow, and cause acquiescence among, regular armed police and military forces? Will these fine people, many fine people, hear the dog whistle become a bullhorn?

I have no idea what will eventually transpire, as America retains one last salvo in the fight for the soul of their country, the ballot box. A second Trump term would embolden the administration, already entrenched and energised, to move further and more "progressively" to the Whited States of America. Has Trump come at just the right time to wrench the vast riches of America firmly under control of white supremacy corporatists? Is this really the last gasp of a dying order?

I can't tell. But the fact that I am worrying about it, is cause for worry itself. It was unthinkable until a very short time ago.

The closest thing I have seen to dangerous militia in the US would be ANTIFA.

Analyzer

The closest thing I have seen to dangerous militia in the US would be ANTIFA.
Indeed, it is fair that somebody decides to Trot out Antifa in any discussion about violent, aggressive, secretive subversive groups.

Trainwreck

Indeed, it is fair that somebody decides to Trot out Antifa in any discussion about violent, aggressive, secretive subversive groups.
Entirely politically motivated, with explicit commitment to violent means.

Herr Rommel

Excellent rebuttal. God, you're good.
I will accept that ada no so.

Ok some free education for you on a Tuesday morning kid, These people you at working yourself up over are the absolute dregs and rock bottom of America society and are lacking in so many departments that no one would go near them with a barge pole.

The bigger threat to America society is the commie scum of Antifa who would give the Brownshirts a run for their money.

GDPR

I will accept that ada no so.

Ok some free education for you on a Tuesday morning kid, These people you at working yourself up over are the absolute dregs and rock bottom of America society and are lacking in so many departments that no one would go near them with a barge pole.

The bigger threat to America society is the commie scum of Antifa who would give the Brownshirts a run for their money.
Antifa are scum however they are to nihilistic to be an existential threat to American society. Not even in the USA could they manage to get critical mass behind them.

Herr Rommel

Antifa are scum however they are to nihilistic to be an existential threat to American society. Not even in the USA could they manage to get critical mass behind them.
The entire American left has gone so loopy since Trump started winning that I believe anything could happen over in America.

GDPR

The entire American left has gone so loopy since Trump started winning that I believe anything could happen over in America.
As someone who Mercurial considers both a Fascist and racist I am not at all keen on the idea of violent versions of Mercurial running around the place however if there was going to be an attempt at a "colour revolution" it would have happened by now. Plus one thing that Trump has done well on is reducing the Black unemployment rate add on to that the fact that Mexicans have been ethnically cleansing Black neighbourhoods in California and other places so that the Blacks aren't exactly opposed to cracking down on illegal immigration and the idea of a wall- if they were going to try something serious they would have to get groups like the Nation of Islam, etc seriously on their side. To be honest also as far I'm concerned most of the American Left (and Right) has been incredibly loopy and hysterical long before Trump arrived on the scene.

Analyzer

They are losing control. And they hate that.

yobosayo

American Militias have always been a fringe feature of the United States.

Empowered by the ageing Constitutional right to bear arms with few restrictions up to and including military standard, and presumably frustrated at a lack of expression of their potential firepower, non-military citizens have formed groups of armed, uniformed, trained paramilitaries and consider themselves to be as American as apple pie or monster trucks (but presumably not as American as jazz and ethnic diversity).

Hundreds already exist across the United States, and have done so for long enough to be considered endemic, in the way you never quite lose that viral infection residing down there. While it's not showing its face, you live on without it, but florescence under stress must be considered to be a real possibility at any time.

When Bannon and Trump captured the American throne in 2016, among my first thoughts was that they had thousands of soldiers ready willing and able to cause havoc when the time came. Clearly the activation of these cells must be done with preparation of public mood and timing of action. Because when one will rise, they will all rise.

Capturing America requires power from the barrel of a gun, as it did in the past of civil strife, when America of slavery began the journey to become America of equality. Led by wealthy elites, the new Trump Order stands to lose nothing from civil strife, and astonishing amounts to gain from corporate carpet bagging. Financial partners overseas have never had more money to sink into acquisition of assets in a time of disorder, the levers of power are being simplified and centralised as never before.

What role will America's militias play in the future Trump Order? How will the average American white anger merchant increasingly inured to denigration of coloured people, migrants and Muslims feel that their patriotic Irregular soldiers have a part to play in the reshaping of America? Will militias be regularised? Will they be a card to play to cow, and cause acquiescence among, regular armed police and military forces? Will these fine people, many fine people, hear the dog whistle become a bullhorn?

I have no idea what will eventually transpire, as America retains one last salvo in the fight for the soul of their country, the ballot box. A second Trump term would embolden the administration, already entrenched and energised, to move further and more "progressively" to the Whited States of America. Has Trump come at just the right time to wrench the vast riches of America firmly under control of white supremacy corporatists? Is this really the last gasp of a dying order?

I can't tell. But the fact that I am worrying about it, is cause for worry itself. It was unthinkable until a very short time ago.
Relax, we're going to need but the two guys:

[video=youtube;ShRbcbBTNz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShRbcbBTNz0[/video]

Apple in Eden

Read the OP. I say, "I don't know" in the summation and I pose possibilities for discussion. I ask people for their views.

I will post it here so you can have a read again

Jeez. Does anyone think before typing anymore?
Well I don't think you took long thinking about this nonsense for sure.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Sure. What could possibly go wrong with a bunch of supremacists organising hundreds of paramilitary exercises, looking for an enemy to shoot in the age of Trump and twitter? It's not like America has a quarter billion weapons lying around and a President who gets by through dividing, triangulating, lying and inflaming.
You've never been here, have you?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom